Kitchen Doors

sprog1

Starmark make many of the generic kitchens in Thailand that are then sold under different brand names.

Maybe they can supply doors only.

Or maybe you can order doors only through HomeWorks/Pro they both sell starmark products

STARMARK MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.

Address : 1/109-110 MOO 2, THARSAI, MUANG, SAMUTSAKORN 74000

Tel. : (6634) 490-024 TO 6

Fax : (6634) 490-027

e-mail : [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Rimmer, I will give them a try & let you know how i get on :o

Hi Rimmer, it looks like i'm out of luck with the kitchen doors. I tried Starmark, but they did not reply to my Email. Thanks again anyway

Starmark now have a showroom on the Sukhumvit end of Thepprasit, on the left going towards Sukhumvit.

There's also half a dozen (at least) kitchen showrooms on that road that would be able to supply the doors. Progress Kitchens (PK) in front of the new TW Condominium is the cheapest.

No idea where you live or what you live in........

I live out in the sticks and even with the 'Pest Control' spraying every month, have 35 units, 1/2 of my wood kitchen doors have been eaten..

I have found 2 places big showrooms that sell tiles/bathrooms and kitchen, they also sell UPVC doors in a number of colours...

If you live in a condo then wooden doors should be fine.

Hi Rimmer, it looks like i'm out of luck with the kitchen doors. I tried Starmark, but they did not reply to my Email. Thanks again anyway

Starmark now have a showroom on the Sukhumvit end of Thepprasit, on the left going towards Sukhumvit.

There's also half a dozen (at least) kitchen showrooms on that road that would be able to supply the doors. Progress Kitchens (PK) in front of the new TW Condominium is the cheapest.

Thanks again Rimmer, I will try them when i'm next in Bangkok

No idea where you live or what you live in........

I live out in the sticks and even with the 'Pest Control' spraying every month, have 35 units, 1/2 of my wood kitchen doors have been eaten..

I have found 2 places big showrooms that sell tiles/bathrooms and kitchen, they also sell UPVC doors in a number of colours...

If you live in a condo then wooden doors should be fine.

Hi ignis

I live in Burirarm & we are a bit limited on what we can get here. I know the type you mean, but they are not what i'm after, thanks anyway

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, and you may have been down this road already, but why not get a good craftsman in your village to make you the doors? Cheap and if you get the right guy, good quality.

YES Sure………….. The problem is how long will they last, I had my house built, and the kitchen built by a local good carpenter to my speciation’s, all was ready and moved in August 2004.

Now halve the kitchen units have been eaten away, the doors only the veneer remains, all the wood has gone…Lot of the units themselves have signs of being eaten from the inside…

The tops were in thick hard wood, which I treated well before varnishing, I had to replace these almost a year ago [now is black granite] the back door, shed door and the downstairs bathroom door frames have been eaten…[shed door fell off, otherwise would have had no idea as the paint was perfect]

A Thai friend just down the road has a great problem with the Parka flooring and the stairs.

Appears to be a great problem with worm in the countryside

OK, solly, solly.

Perhaps then choose some non-wood option.

We were ready to put in wood flooring in 3 rooms, but in the last moment changed it to tiles, same as the rest of the house. Reason was not so much worms or termites, but the chances of having problems with high moisture, shrinking and expanding, warping, discolouring, cracking, creaking noises and whatnot.

We have chosen real oak doors for the kitchen cabinets, so I guess we just have to be on the lookout for wood-eaters.

I believe I did post about quality kitchen doors before, but it seems not on this thread (is there a parallel thread about this somewhere?). Absolute kitchen and Kitchen Express are, as far as I know, the two main brands in Thailand (owned by the Bunthaworn company?) Go check it out!

And good luck!!!

Edited by MeaMaximaCulpa

Thanks again Rimmer, I will try them when i'm next in Bangkok

I was actually giving you directions in Pattaya as you've posted this in the Pattaya Forum.

But then I see you've also posted it in the Bangkok Forum too.

Edited by PattayaParent