Eee Pc From Asus

paulfr

Could you imagine how small everything would be if you had a higher resolution in 7"? What kind of resolution do you run on a 14" laptop? 1600+ x 1200+? My 14.4" laptop only goes to 1280 x 800. If I could put it to 1600 x 1200, it would be ok, but going higher than that I would think things would be getting too small.

A 1024 x 768 screen on a 7" laptop would have to use a lcd panel that would be capable of 2048 x 1526 on a 14" laptop. Seems like these would be very expensive.

You have to remember that the smaller devices are used closer to the eyes. Maybe not great for posture, but that's the trade-off when you want something really small.

The Nokia internet tablets are 220 ppi, and the iPhone is 160 ppi. This is 140 ppi. Going higher resolution on a small panel isn't nearly as much of a challenge as it is on a large panel.

The trick with these small devices is the ability to zoom in and out effectively. I can't imagine trying to work in Windows with the small screen real-estate though; it would really be clunky. (Windows Mobile might work, but it is still a screen hog.)

spent a few minutes looking at the specs, but cannot find is this will run an external keyboard, mouse and monitor? Anyone?

It has 3 USB ports and a VGA output. I've read on the net that it will output up to 1600x1200 on the external video output.