Where To Buy Pre-paid Internet Cards In Pattaya?

wpcoe

I guess I need to supplement my high-speed ADSL connection with 56-k dialup since they've been d**king around with the ports to restrict filesharing and VoIP. I don't do either filesharing nor VoIP, but I connect with my employer's old computer network via an archaic java-based program that apparently uses ports that are restricted now. <sigh...>

So, I want to buy a prepaid 56-k card to see if that's really the case by accessing via that way. In BKK, I know I used to see the cards at IT City, but I don't recall seeing them in Tukcom here in Pattaya. Where are they available? Book stores?

I was using them last year and used to buy at Tuk-com .A little stall as you exit the escelator ,turn right ,and right again .The stall sell printer ink refills plus the cards .Cant remember if it was the 2 nd or 3 rd floor .I got the TRUE INTERNET ,card ,which was 600 baht for 100 hours ,and others for less baht for less hours .Think 100 baht for 15 hours .

If you ask around ,you will probably find other stalls selling them to .

Thanks for all the suggestions. After trying a few 7-11 stores and being treated like a three-headed Martian speaking Swahili, I went on with my day's errands and at Big C Sukhumvit I asked at the book store by the escalators and sure enough they had them. I bought 15hrs, good for 90 days, for B120 ... that should be enough for the infrequent times that I need to connect with the mainframe.

And, yes, when I use 56k dial-up my connection to the company's mainframe is as fast as ever, whereas using TT&T ADSL, for the past several weeks I haven't been able to make a connection, so it appears ISP port restriction somehow interferes.

@njpski: What do you mean by "wireless internet cards?" Places that offer fee-based on-premises WiFi like Starbucks sell the card in their store. Or, did you mean something else?