Yellow Tabien Bahn

Anything that would otherwise require copies of Landlords Tabian Ban, their ID card, my passport etc as proof of ID and address, such as required by Immigration, opening certain accounts, transport purchase etc. Any dealings with a government department I am now on the residents register and have my own ID number.

It just makes life simpler at times.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did this Mueang Khon Kaen 3 years ago.

Requirements....after enquiring at the office

Copy of passport and copy translated to Thai

Copy of wifes ID and current page of her blue book

Copy of marriage licence

My parents names. Goodness know why?

All handed over the counter at 10:00 am and the yellow book collected the following morning.

NO fee.smile.png

Possibly the easiest thing I have had to do for official papers in Thailand?

richard peters, on 01 Feb 2015 - 19:17, said:

Got mine in Phitsanulok early last year and no problems with documents etc; - They just charged me the grossly exhorbitant fee of Bt.5,000 (must be a new Thai overcharge record). In retrospect i has saved me a lot of additional expense etc.

I'm not surprised you didn't have problems with documents for 5,000 baht.

Tabian Bans are supplied free of charge with the right documents..............cheesy.gif

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did this Mueang Khon Kaen 3 years ago.

Requirements....after enquiring at the office

Copy of passport and copy translated to Thai

Copy of wifes ID and current page of her blue book

Copy of marriage licence

My parents names. Goodness know why?

All handed over the counter at 10:00 am and the yellow book collected the following morning.

NO fee.smile.png

Possibly the easiest thing I have had to do for official papers in Thailand?

Parents' names and nationalities are important because they appear in the tabien baan.

i read some where that you can be put on the blue tambien baan of your wife , is it true ??

I know some one who was put in his wife's blue book without having PR in Bangkok. It may be done by officials out of ignorance because the regulations clearly state that foreigners without PR must be entered into yellow books. Anyway there is no advantage in being in a blue book over a yellow book.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to my local amphur office in Chayapoum asking about this and they said I needed a letter from my embassy I think to confirm my address but not so sure as that requirement is not mentioned here anywhere and I don;t want to waste time and up to 4000 Baht. I live with my wife in a house local to the office for 15 years and can supply birth cert etc etc surely this should be enough.

Somo, there is a list of the documents I took to my Amphur to get my Tabian Ban in Post #180.

Who owns the home you live in?

Hi

My wife owns our home and all her family are in the blue tabien ban although we built it in a slightly different location it still serves as the family base. Until last year we spent most of our time in Bangkok but now live at the house. My driving licence has the address of our Bangkok Bank rented apt. Not got round to changing it but will just not show it in my application as it would just confuse things.

Not sure what a Certificate of Residence (Police) is The cop shop is near to the amphur office do I just ask them for one and what would they need in order to issue me one?

Thanks for your help

I went to my local amphur office in Chayapoum asking about this and they said I needed a letter from my embassy I think to confirm my address but not so sure as that requirement is not mentioned here anywhere and I don;t want to waste time and up to 4000 Baht. I live with my wife in a house local to the office for 15 years and can supply birth cert etc etc surely this should be enough.

Some offices, like my local Kweng, are very reticent to issue yellow books. In my case, they keep stalling by requesting that more conditions are satisfied (tried four times).However, some offices do seem to be easier..

So it is not necessarily a "given".

The letter of residence can be obtained from your local immigration office (should be free but some offices charge up to 500 baht for a next day service, otherwise you may have to wait up to 30 days)

• 1 month later...

Got mine last week at Pakkred Amphur. Needed to get my yellow book was:

Certified copy main passport page

Certified translation

Both documents consularized at MoFA

Marriage Certificate

Wife's blue book for the condo

Land sale contract for the condo

1 inch by 1 inch photo of myself

That was it.

We had to come back because the spelling of my name in Thai on our marriage certificate didn't match the translation of my passport so we went back to Bangrak district office where we got married to fix it.

• 1 month later...

I bought my condo in 2010 and was issued with the title deeds and the blue book without my name. I only now just learned of this yellow book, I don't have one. From reading through this thread, I see that it can be useful as proof of residence. Does the title deed and blue book not serve this purpose? It's very confusing!

I bought my condo in 2010 and was issued with the title deeds and the blue book without my name. I only now just learned of this yellow book, I don't have one. From reading through this thread, I see that it can be useful as proof of residence. Does the title deed and blue book not serve this purpose? It's very confusing!

Your title deed is proof of ownership.

Your Blue book is proof the Condo address was registered at your local Amphur, but being a foreign you cannot have your name in that book.

The Yellow book contains your name and registered address. Nothing to do with ownership

(Think of it as deeds in the UK as proof of ownership and a Council Tax Bill that would be accepted as proof of address)

You are also registered into the Thai system and given a unique reference number.

Any government department can view your registration details via that number thereafter.

I found it really easy to claim back tax I paid on interest from my fixed deposit account using my Tabian Ban.

Take the title deed as proof of ownership, your blue book and your passport to your local Amphur, who can then tie the information together (proof of ID and address) to issue a Yellow book.

They may require your passport translated into Thai. I did my own translation which was accepted.

• Like 1

Hi Jadee,

No I set mine out on an A4 page identical to how it appears in your passport using Word to increase and decrease the size of lettering.

I used IM translator which is much more accurate than Google translate.

I attached a passport size photo in the identical position, so it basically appeared as a photocopy, but in Thai.

(You'll also need a 2nd passport photo for the application form)

It wasn't certified by anyone.

Because you have already been issued a Blue book, it may be a formality to issue you the Yellow book.

I posted a list of the documents I supplied in post #180.

I rent, so the landlady had to attend as a witness and sign.

Each province sets it's own criteria for issuing a Yellow book.

Be confident, as if you know what your doing, because they sure as hell don't in many cases.

Prepare your documents first, then walk in with them and request a Yellow book.

Keep the Blue book as well!

Usually someone at manager level will speak reasonable English.

Good luck.

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

I disagree, I don't think it is the Province that sets the rules but the individual Amphurs that determine the hoops or lack of hoops to obtain a Yellow Book

A Yellow Book in Pattaya is much easier to get than in Sattahip, and both are in Chonburi Province

I disagree, I don't think it is the Province that sets the rules but the individual Amphurs that determine the hoops or lack of hoops to obtain a Yellow Book

A Yellow Book in Pattaya is much easier to get than in Sattahip, and both are in Chonburi Province

Yes I agree. I should have said the local Amphurs within each province set the criteria for obtaining a Yellow book.

Yes, I've read about those problems at Pattaya.

Yet, I bet they accept a Thai's ID card and blue Tabian Ban as proof of ID and address, which would lead me to assume they have stopped accepting a yellow Tabian Ban as proof of address of a foreigner for a reason, if you get my meaning.

Pattaya has a bad reputation for scams and corruption.

It wouldn't surprise me to find lots of foreigners staying in Pattaya on back to back Visa exempts, cannot get a Certificate of Residence, but can get a yellow Tabian Ban on the black market. The office must have some reason to refuse yellow books.

I thought I'd share my experience just to vent. I bought my condo in 2010 and have the title deed and blue book. After hearing about this yellow book, I read the lists that other people have posted and gathered all the documents. I had my passport page translated and I have a work permit. Today I went to the municipality building in Samut Prakarn with my Thai wife. The lady we spoke to was just rude and blunt - 'We don't do that here' she said. She didn't even give us the time of day or look at the documents. She then suggested we go to the immigration building next door (?) and made it clear that it was time to leave. Guess it's a no then.
If there's anyone on here who has managed to get a yellow book in Samut Prakarn, I'd love to hear from them!

• 4 weeks later...

ANYONE HERE WITH YELLOW BOOK / TABIEN BAAN IN BANG BUA THONG, NONTHABURI ?

If so, I would appreciate hearing a bit about the experience of getting one.

A straightforward and easy process?

Or a lengthy and difficult procedure?

Amp. being forthcoming or not?

• 3 months later...

I live in BKK.

I buy a condo in Chiang Mai (bought outright)

What do I do to get the yellow Tabien Bahn for my condo (without previously having one)?

Do I just take all the deeds for my condo and passport to the local Amphur office in Chiang Mai, and then give me the yellow book?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I live in BKK.

I buy a condo in Chiang Mai (bought outright)

What do I do to get the yellow Tabien Bahn for my condo (without previously having one)?

Do I just take all the deeds for my condo and passport to the local Amphur office in Chiang Mai, and then give me the yellow book?

Thanks.

No. There are other requirements, such as two Thai witnesses. To save time, contact your district office and ask what their requirements are.

• 2 weeks later...