Food By Phone

corkscrew

Don't know which service number you use but I'm one of the people who loves this delivery on easy lazy days, have enough to fight with bkk traffice and a long line up to get table, even some bad service like they hate their job and they want to let the whole world know.

What should I order today :o ?

Don't know which service number you use but I'm one of the people who loves this delivery on easy lazy days, have enough to fight with bkk traffice and a long line up to get table, even some bad service like they hate their job and they want to let the whole world know.

What should I order today :o ?

How about English Pub food? Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding with two vegs?

Here's the link for those wanting more information > Food By Phone

Yes, you can order via their web site. While you are on the web site you can order their 120 page menu book (free). Once you get it you can also order by phone.

I find it very convenient. Less than 60 minutes after I order the meal is at my door.

This makes my easy lazy days easier! Thanks and I got the website added to favorite

Roast Beef looks food theeeerrreee.

:D:o:D:D

I think that you will like the service. They send the orders by clean fast motorcycles. Only rarely do you have to reheat anything in the microwave.

Try the dishes from Beurit....the Lebanese dishes travel very well.

I order from Food by Phone a lot and it's a great idea with good service, but I am getting tired of the choices now.

They do have a lot of restaurants to choose from, but I have stopped ordering from about ten of them. Getting problems resolved (that are almost always the fault of the restaurant) takes a long time because it (understandably) takes the messenger a while to come back with the food fixed. One of the few times I complained about something missing, they said the restaurant was too busy to replace the item, and it happened to be raita that went with all the nan bread I ordered for a group of people. A few other times, restaurants have given me a much smaller portion than I normally received.

Anyone have luck with getting problems resolved that are caused by the restaurant and not the service?

They are selling copied DVDs on that website.

Way to shoot themselves in the foot if they get caught.

here we go................................. :o

can we have a positive post for once?

how about something like they do a great service when you cant be bothered to go out for something to eat, or go to Patpong for a copy DVD.

It's a decent enough service for when you're feeling truly lazy, but if you live in the vicinity of a few decent restaurants it's much better to get their phone numbers and get the food direct from the restaurant. Many will deliver if asked.

Food By Phone puts a pretty big mark-up on, a large delivery charge and I think an hour is quite a long time to wait really - going direct you can have the food with you in 20-30 minutes. With the mark-up and high delivery charge it's only really worthwhile when you are ordering for a group of people.

You just become more and more of a Tosser on here mate. Who gives a sh*t if they are selling copy dvds. I for one would be very p*ssed off and a lot of other expats if they stopped trading because some complaining dick head posts for all to see that they are selling copied DVD's on the largest expat Thailand forum. Who cares if they are or not...the service is great been using them for 2.5 years.

Go complain about something else somewhere else or ill send some more "Rogue" custom officials after you....

a large delivery charge and I think an hour is quite a long time to wait really

60 baht for central areas delivery charge can live with that not exactly large. Markup varies but doesn't really bother me for the choice of restaurants. Try the VIP membership get discount on orders and also the initial discount offers you can save a lot.

Anyone have luck with getting problems resolved that are caused by the restaurant and not the service

Usually not a problem end up keeping the wrong item and get a new item delivered also. I always insist they give me a discount on the next order to make up for it also - which they always do. I reckon I use them 3 times a week about 1 in 30 order is wrong. I have complained about 1 restaurant for the meal being to small for the price also resolved with a free bottle of wine delivered from the offending restaurant.

Edited by dekka007

We all know you are a miserable old bugger, the same type as the 'grumpy old men' who drink in the Offshore Suk 23 but now we have to add the word sneak to your CV here on TV.

Edited by HarryHacker

Save your threats for when you can actually back them up you pathetic little twerp.

Yeah your probably right as I nor anyone I know has met any of these "Rogues" and I am there 3-4 times a week mate.

Perhaps the officials just pick on you because you are such a complaining T*at about everything in Thailand and look as tho you can't even pay 300THB in the country for a DVD, Just the sort of person Thailand is trying to attract...

If I get as miserable as you are and cant afford to blow 300THB on a dvd to watch with my Food delivery I would head home and call Thailand quits......

In fact I am sure we can all have a whip round on Thai Visa to get you a One way ticket outta here.

Happy Christmas Scrooge!

Edited by dekka007

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a ripoff, a lot of their stuff is actually quite rare, even in places like Fortune or Pantip you would pay a premium for hard to find items like some of those British series.

Point taken.

I resent paying around 300THB per disc for something I could have downloaded for free if I was so inclined and burnt to the same blank media at 8THB a disc however.

Sure.

Then there's the food you could have made for next to nothing if you were inclined to cook, or you could have gone and picked it up yourself and saved yourself a delivery charge plus a percentage.

If you don't want to order the DVD, don't. I don't think it's a requirement.

Sure.

Then there's the food you could have made for next to nothing if you were inclined to cook, or you could have gone and picked it up yourself and saved yourself a delivery charge plus a percentage.

There you go, completely missing the point.

The point is that they are charging such high prices that it convinces customers they are ordering original DVDs (see Jeffrey's post) or they are just completely gouging their customers for profit.

If they were up front and honest I would never have ordered the DVDs with my food order, but they weren't.

How would you feel if you paid a substantial amount of money for several DVDs off an internet website, and they arrived and were cheap copies you could have made yourself?

Since when is price indicative of quality or originality?

Having not seen the ad, I would've looked for the words "original" or "new" to indicate that it was a normal DVD. I see second-hand computers for sale around 20,000 baht, but that sure as heck does not mean it's new or original.

Yeah, 300 baht is a bit on the steep side for a copy - but I don't think I can agree that you should expect an original based solely on price. And after all, Food By Phone isn't exactly "DVD by Phone" now, is it?

Who gives a sh*t if they are selling copy dvds. I for one would be very p*ssed off and a lot of other expats if they stopped trading because some complaining dick head posts for all to see that they are selling copied DVD's on the largest expat Thailand forum. Who cares if they are or not...the service is great been using them for 2.5 years.

I'm sure many people will 'give a shit', and i for one will make sure that this is brought to the relevent authorities attention.

Chloe.

The point is that they are charging such high prices that it convinces customers they are ordering original DVDs (see Jeffrey's post) or they are just completely gouging their customers for profit.

If they were up front and honest I would never have ordered the DVDs with my food order, but they weren't.

How would you feel if you paid a substantial amount of money for several DVDs off an internet website, and they arrived and were cheap copies you could have made yourself?

Yes, but I think the point is that you'd probably expect an established and reputable company like Food By Phone to be selling the real thing, unless the price was clearly so low so that they could only possibly be copies (this would still raise some eyebrows though I'm sure, as someone mentioned earlier, this seems like a strange thing to do to jeapordise their credibility).

Well known company, glossy magazine, decent web site, DVDs listed for 300 Baht? The assumption is that they'd be legit. For them to turn up with copies is a bit cheeky really.

Edited by dantilley

Yes, but I think the point is that you'd probably expect an established and reputable company like Food By Phone to be selling the real thing, unless the price was clearly so low so that they could only possibly be copies (this would still raise some eyebrows though I'm sure, as someone mentioned earlier, this seems like a strange thing to do to jeapordise their credibility).

Well known company, glossy magazine, decent web site, DVDs listed for 300 Baht? The assumption is that they'd be legit. For them to turn up with copies is a bit cheeky really.

Fair enough.

Better yet, why not be honest and up front about the products so the customer can make an informed choice?

Agreed.

It is a bizarre reality in which it is okay that the customer has to guess as to the authenticity of an item they are paying original prices for.

Not necessarily okay - but by the same token you cannot automatically assume authenticity either.

And as to your statement "but I don't think I can agree that you should expect an original based solely on price" isn't that exactly why there are laws to protect consumers?

If they had charged you 3000 baht I would most certainly agree. 1000 baht, even, I wouldn't argue - but at 300 baht I think it's debatable as to whether it was overpriced or not.

You could, of course, have simply complained that you were expecting an original, and sent the copy back for a refund.

Ah well - I don't order with them anyhow, because every time I look at the marked-up prices I always think I can wait to go to the restaurant - and have fresh, hot food to boot. There is nothing on their menu that I would kill for, so to speak.

Who gives a sh*t if they are selling copy dvds. I for one would be very p*ssed off and a lot of other expats if they stopped trading because some complaining dick head posts for all to see that they are selling copied DVD's on the largest expat Thailand forum. Who cares if they are or not...the service is great been using them for 2.5 years.

I'm sure many people will 'give a shit', and i for one will make sure that this is brought to the relevent authorities attention.

Chloe.

You sound like a charmer. Very nasty indeed.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's a ripoff, a lot of their stuff is actually quite rare, even in places like Fortune or Pantip you would pay a premium for hard to find items like some of those British series.

Point taken.

I resent paying around 300THB per disc for something I could have downloaded for free if I was so inclined and burnt to the same blank media at 8THB a disc however.

Sure.

not a mandatory one anyhow :o

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...