Thai King Urges Government To Spend More

george

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thai friend quoted the famous line "each country gets the government it deserves."

Sadly I think this is untrue for most Thai people during its democratic history.

They have however been very lucky with their monarch.

Our best wishes on this remarkable occasion to the thai people and their majestic king.

We pray for many more years.

When I went to the Expo on the King at Mutong Thani, I was so impressed by what the king has done for the country in his life. Including having patents for agricultural implements,etc. Truly a King FOR the country. His daughters too seem to follow in his footsteps, I forever see them on TV working and supporting community projects as well as being ambassadors all over the world. Particularly Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, who is my favorite because of her talents in languages, including Chinese.

I think there are few, if any, monarchies in the world that work as hard at helping the average person:)

happy birthday sir!, the king is the cornerstone of this country and i, as many other residents pray he lives for a great many more years. i watched his speech last night and it was wonderful to see him smile occasionally, he is often viewed as a very solemn, serious person so it was a real delight to see a broad smile which lit up his face.

on another related matter, the King must be the most photographed person in the world and be the most displayed picture in the world. i cannot think of another person whose images are seen in so many homes, businesses and public places.

surely there should be an entry in the Guiness book of records marking this?

anyone thought of submitting such a record for inclusion

If Thais were blessed with the wisdom and honesty in all levels of governments that the King displays there would be few problems in Thailand. I fear the time when he is not here to guide. Happy birthday and many more,long live the king.

Happy birthday King!

Thailand has been lucky to have a wise and respected leader like him. His guidance has always been good and sensible, thanks to his common sense, wisdom and experience. I'm happy to see King healthy again, looking and souding sharp as ever. May his rule and leadership continue far into the future.

Happy Birthday your Majesty, krub, suk-sa wan goet krub!

A truly amazing human being, I wish only the people, look, listen, and learn from this inspirational man, every day!

Then.... we hope, we will see a truly Amazing Thailand, go forward in the right direction!

From Khun El, Khun Simon

LONG LIVE THE KING

Congratulations to His Majesty on his 80th birthday!

...Could anyone give a link for the original text ?

Sometimes, eg in 2005, the Bangkok Post had an English translation of the full text on 6 December. I hope they will do the same this year. (For Bangkok Post, please post only the first paragraph, not the full article, plus the link. Save it to your hard disk, if you want to keep it, as their links go dead very quickly)

In the same year, the Manager magazine printed the full Thai text and I would like to have it also for this year’s speech, if anybody can find and post the link, please.

--

Maestro

King Bhumipol of Thailand has urged his people to act honestly.

If the PEOPLE say as they show(wearing yellow and red shirts) out of love for the Majesty, THAN, they should do as he has instructed...

HONESTY in this country is a hard act for these people to follow...

In the weeks to head, we shall see if these, 'so called leaders' will set this example for the nation. otherwise, "this country is a body of broken bones" as his Majesty says...

This amazing King of Thailand,

A man who built his own dinghy and loved sailing it,

A man who writes his own music and loves Jazz,

A man who is comfortable with world-leaders

Yet listens to a little poor Thai boy and changes his life for the better . . . .

A man who rarely steps to the fore',

But knows exactly what's going on in his land, of which he personally knows almost every square inch,

This is the amazing King of Thailand,

Admired by many and loved by even more.

He 'donated' his life, privacy and so much more,

For his people !

What a man; what a King !

Our thoughts & prayers for your Highness's continued health and happiness are with us, deep inside our hearts.

Jaap & Chanjira Klasema

Pattaya

Your Majesty,

With the utmost respect, I salute you on this day of your 80th birthday.

I have never been a royalist, but for you, Sire, I am a staunch royalist!

I wish your honesty, wisdom and respect would be part of Your Majesty's Government.

Now and in the future.

:o Happy birthday your majesty and thank you for your untiring service to your subjects and visitors to your Kingdom. Your life has been a shinning example of how to do things correctly. You lead by example and your leadership has been truly outstanding.

Our wishes are for you to have many more birthdays!

Long live the King, Long live the King, Long live the King of Thailand

With love and best wishes the Brown family

Edited by Maestro
Removed inappropriate comment.

:o I just wish to send best wishes and happiness to the King on the occasion of his birthday celebration.

The history of the last 40 years or so has been changed by the king's wise and honest rule.

The King and the queen were instumental in getting more opportunity for the poor farners and the hill tribes by providing the leadership for economic programs for those people. Without him today's Thailand might be a very different place.

Long Live the King,

:D

Edited by Maestro
Removed inappropriate comment.

His Majesty is really a great and wise monarch without him Thailand would be ??????.His Majesty has done so much for this country while others have sort to damage it. I listen to his speeches on a regular basis and take note. As others should do. His speech about DOUBLE STANDARDS a few years ago had an effect for a while and then died off unfortunately. His speech about ThongDaeng was great and many dogs disappeared ftom the sois because people adopted them just as the King did, for Thong Daeng.

I hope and really hope that His Majesty has many many more years left in him. Judging from his speech and his walk from the hospital he is as fit as a fiddle and many a good tune can be played on an old fiddle.

LONG LIVE HIS MAJESTY AND I HOPE I SPEAK FOR ALL THE FARANGS AND THAIS HERE AND ABROAD

HIP HIP HOORAY

CHAIYO CHAIYO

Thailand's King urges Thais to be honest

BANGKOK: -- The world's longest serving monarch, King Bhumipol of Thailand has urged his people to act honestly.

His words come three weeks before an election is due to restore democracy to the kingdom.

Our South East Asia Correspondent Karen Percy says the King carried out the traditional inspection of the Royal troops yesterday in an event that kicks off a week of celebrations to mark his 80th birthday.

About two thousand soldiers, dressed in colourful uniforms, recited an oath of loyalty to King Bhumipol who has led Thailand for 61 years.

In his reply he called on members of the army and other Thais to act honestly and work for unity.

The army staged a coup in September of last year ousting the popularly elected Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra who had divided the country.

He lives in exile in London and has been banned from Thai politics for five years.

An election is scheduled for December the 23rd, but already there are claims of vote buying and dirty tricks campaigning.

--Agencies 2007-12-04

Im not clear whether its pink or yellow that is now the de rigueur colour.

A pink shirt with a yellow tie is what Carson Kressley would call `not a look for an amateur`, but in the photo on P1, i`d say he pulls it off and it looks good.

I`ve got a Thomas Pink pink shirt and a gold Jim Thompson tie, so i`ll give it a go too.