I Got Cheated Today

george

First time in my life! I went into a bar tonight near Khon Kaen, on my way to home. I had a few drinks and paid a few lady drinks. Handsome man :D

Bill was 370 Baht. I paid with a 1,000 Baht bill. 1 second later the waitress showed up a 100 Baht note which was hidden under the bill (I reckon) and pocketed my 1,000 Baht bill.

I was scammed. Had to pay it again. Total bill 1,370 baht for a few beers.

May they rot in hel_l. Som-nam-na farang!

Needless to say, I did not tip. :o

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady on george. You've just posted this, right? Sorry, but it's 2.20am here in Sydney, so it's 10.20 in KK...yes, of course it is. You are ADMIN! and you are consigning them to purgatory....you, ADMIN! The lovely Thai people???

You've been in los for 4000 years and you got took?

Where can I go, what can I do? I'm all at sea.

I didn't spend $500 for gold on that beautiful girl back in '94 did I? Was it you? yes? Oh, thank the lord.

Thank the lord it wasn't me who had to return to Syd a week early. Phew, that was a close one.

Bill was 370 Baht. I paid with a 1,000 Baht bill. 1 second later the waitress showed up a 100 Baht note which was hidden under the bill (I reckon) and pocketed my 1,000 Baht bill.

Clever :o

The waitress must be psychic cause how did she know you would pull-out a 1000? Makes you wonder where she had the 50 hidden in case you paid with 500.

Clever :o

The waitress must be psychic cause how did she know you would pull-out a 1000? Makes you wonder where she had the 50 hidden in case you paid with 500.

:D

Probably only gave her 100 in the first place. :D

If my missus ever let me go to a girly bar, i'd be so drunk i wouldn't know the difference between a 100 and a 1000!

:o

the way i drink it would probably be only 3 bottles anyway!

Yeah probably...100

Dont you just hate it when people start a thread on 'i got ripped off'.. clearly having a few beers themselves and buying a few lady drinks probably amounts to what he ended up pying anyway..

when are people gonna stop blaming bar girls for there own f..K ups...

I was scammed. Had to pay it again. Total bill 1,370 baht for a few beers.

Which bar was it so we can all avoid it?

You should have refused politely, called the Tourist Police and waited until they arrived to sort it out.

Why? So you can pay another 1000thb to keep the police smiling as they look at you iin disbelief and side with the pretty girl! :o

Anyone else got wrong charged?

Never wrong charged, but definitely scammed. Me and some mates were in a bar doing lots and lots of tequila shots and generally getting getting drunk and stupid, and buying shots for the girls the whole way, one for one. Late in the night another round was brought out and I reached in a grabbed a shot from the middle of the tray rather than wait to be served by the girls. I about shat myself when it tasted of water not booze. Turns out the bartender and the girls were working together, only pouring real booze for one out of every three shots for the girls, then pocketing the money and whacking it up later. Needless to say, the establishment lost several deep-pocketed regular customers, the girls lost a lot of "buy me drink" income and the word also got out to other regular customers that we knew. That joint's business went into the tank and never recovered.

Well, another day in paradise! :D

Never mind.

Not wrong charged, but i got chased across a busy carpark for leaving the video store without paying my over due fine. I dropped the vcds on the counter and the girl smiled and said thank you. So i walked out. Seconds later she came out yelling "over due, over due", (in thai of course). When she caught up with me she held her hand out for the 10 baht fine! :o

Well, another day in paradise! :D

Never mind.

Not wrong charged, but i got chased across a busy carpark for leaving the video store without paying my over due fine. I dropped the vcds on the counter and the girl smiled and said thank you. So i walked out. Seconds later she came out yelling "over due, over due", (in thai of course). When she caught up with me she held her hand out for the 10 baht fine! :D

Quality sexpat. :o:D:D

Edited by Chloe82

Well, another day in paradise! :bah:

Never mind.

Not wrong charged, but i got chased across a busy carpark for leaving the video store without paying my over due fine. I dropped the vcds on the counter and the girl smiled and said thank you. So i walked out. Seconds later she came out yelling "over due, over due", (in thai of course). When she caught up with me she held her hand out for the 10 baht fine! :D

Quality sexpat. :o:D:D

:D

Take a 1000 baht note, write HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE! on the underside, give it to a Thai friend, have him buy something cheap presenting the note so she doesn't see the writing and leave. Walk in shortly after, buy something cheap, pay with a 100 baht note. When she comes back with the change, tell her YOU paid with a thousand baht note that says HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE! on the underside.

First time in my life! I went into a bar tonight near Khon Kaen, on my way to home. I had a few drinks and paid a few lady drinks. Handsome man :D

"On your way home" from a hard days work (??) in the Thai Visa office. :D:bah: Give me a break !!! :D

Everybody knows that you and all of the mods spend most of the day on the fizz, so you would have been three quarters sozzled by the time you reached the bar.

A few additional beers at the bar and a few calls of "hansum man" later, you wouldn't have know which pocket you kept your wallet in, let alone what denomination of notes were in it. :D

And then this poor li'l innocent Isaan bar girl used a well practiced slight of hand conjuring trick to switch a 1,000 baht note for a 100 baht note. Maybe she flashed her magic right before your blurry, bloodshot eyes to boost her daily income in order to buy medication for her sick buffalo. Animal lovers around the world would rejoice with such a positive result.

I'm wondering if this female magician was one of the lucky recipients of a lady drink. If she was, then perhaps you need to be more careful as to whom you extend your generosity. If she wasn't, then shame on you for excluding her from the distribution of alcoholic delights.

If she has indeed scammed you, may I suggest that you return to the bar, befriend the girl and offer her a position as a moderator at Thai Visa. She is far too clever to be wasting her time working in a beer bar. :o

Never wrong charged, but definitely scammed. Me and some mates were in a bar doing lots and lots of tequila shots and generally getting getting drunk and stupid, and buying shots for the girls the whole way, one for one. Late in the night another round was brought out and I reached in a grabbed a shot from the middle of the tray rather than wait to be served by the girls. I about shat myself when it tasted of water not booze. Turns out the bartender and the girls were working together, only pouring real booze for one out of every three shots for the girls, then pocketing the money and whacking it up later. Needless to say, the establishment lost several deep-pocketed regular customers, the girls lost a lot of "buy me drink" income and the word also got out to other regular customers that we knew. That joint's business went into the tank and never recovered.

This is common and I imagine it was not a matter of them wanting to scam you so much as them not wanting to get completely trashed. Lots of dudes won't buy them non alcoholic drinks, and most 100 pound chicks don't feel like drinking 15 shots every night.