The Positive Thread. No Negativity!

Jockstar

I had a bowel movement this morning, first in 2 days... ;)

We were all hoping that every thing comes out ok for you. keep up the good work. :D:bah: :bah: :o

I was going to say, "I'm sure that was a load off your mind." But I won't say it, for fear of sounding negative.

There's nothing remotely funny about constipation (a condition of the bowels in which the faeces are dry and hardened and evacuation is difficult and infrequent.) :o:D:D:D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there has been a few too many negative threads on TV lately. As mentioned by others. I thought i'd give others aswell as myself the chance to say something positive thats happened to them today, yesterday or recently. I'll start. My folks have come over to Oz ,Sydney for the first time, my dad has tried some food(sushi) for the first time, he went fishing off the rocks for the first time. We went camping together with my wife for the first time. I have got to spend a good week with my folks for the first time since my wedding in ChiangMai but without the stress. So tell me. What postive has happened to you lately?

Reading your post......that's always a good way to start the day.......waaaaay too much time spent on the negative side with some TV posts. The best thing to happen to me today was being able to wake up and see another day......that's always a gift in my mind! :o

Very happy that I paid attention to the many mentors here & was able to catch a contractor that wasn't to bright & saved myself nightmares by not using him! And actually slept in & took most of the day away from land chores! :o

Saturday bought a nice Christmas tree and decorations for my daughter.

Yesterday was a good day out with mates. A few beers, a few games of pool and an English breakfast. Finished the day sat outside the condo with a mate drinking a couple more beers and eating a pizza.

Today is good, no work and a day for just relaxing, reading, listening to the radio and eating. :o

I finally got a hot University student at my girl friend. She is a good girl. I am thirty years older than her, but I think that age is just a number and that a rose smells just as sweet regardless of its age. I think we can make it work as true love knows no boundaries.

Today:

Holiday, constitution day! (The constitution sucks, but the holiday is still nice.)

* Beautiful weather, cool temperatures in the North

* Woken up by my lovely 2 year old who proceeded to make imaginary coffee on her toy kitchen set. It makes cooking noises.

* Made some real coffee.. Thank God for The Coffee Bean coffee. (Arabica, the green label; very good and affordable)

* Made breakfast: Egg with ham, cheese & spinach (spinach from the Royal Project store.. big bag for 20 baht.. Hooray for the Doi Kham Royal Project Stores.

* Gardening.. planted some nice trees we bought at the Chiang Mai Agricultural fair.. I like weird plants that are native to Thailand.

* Soaked in the bath tub for a bit.. Happy I got the 10K watt heater or else I wouldn't have steaming hot water this season.

* Got dressed, chased my daughter and had an impromptu wrestling match trying to get her dressed.

* Drove to see Grandma (my mum in law) and Great-Grandma (Granny In-Law?).. Hooray for the widened Canal Road.. Chiang Mai to Sanpatong in 10 minutes! Progress.

* Took grandma to go eat Som Tam & Sticky Rice & Fried Chicken & Larb Issaan at a great road-side restaurant called 'Golden Mortar". (Khrok Thong) Oh and a Coke. Som Tam & Coke: Just Good Friends..

* Went to Global House (a huge building market/ home improvement store) to buy light bulbs, some light switches and... Christmas lights.. Yes people, I've set one more step to being truly established: Christmas Lights. 30 baht per string, got some blue ones and yellow ones. Next year I may even succumb and get a %*)(#&$)( Christmas Tree as well. My kid is being Christmas-brainwashed at her Christian daycare center, so it'll be tough to resist..

* Went home and lit up the whole house.. Looked VERY impressive, also with the Christmas lights strung in some pine-ish trees outside. Wow.

* Now I'm sitting in the garden typing this on my laptop, with everything lit up, the fountains/waterfall thingy on, and a cold beer.. Wife is in the kitchen cooking dinner. Life is perfe afjoqrw209e&9384

ARgh.. wrestling daughter away from the keyboard.

Edited by chanchao

The missus went north to Chiang Mai, with her niece last night, to further her studies. I love empowering the missus, it's actaully my early retirement plan, but for God's sake don't tell her. :D

Went for a nice walk around the park, then on the way home stopped at a small market, watched by all, as I 'astounded' people and ordered some food. :o

One old girl was so blown away that I could converse and actually enjoyed Som Tum Poo-Palah, that she raced off to tell others.

Rather cute. :D

"I am a man of constant sorrow

I've seen trouble all my day.

I bid farewell to old Kentucky

The place where I was born and raised.

For six long years I've been in trouble

No pleasures here on earth I found

For in this world I'm bound to ramble

I have no friends to help me now."

Tongue in cheek from 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou'..

Too many positive daily experiences to list but at the top is having a darling wife who greets me every morning and throughout the day with wet-eyed protestations of true love, much as I do...

Must be them rose-colored glasses I wear, eh? :o

I spent a weekend with my Thai GF in Singapore. We had dim sum in China Town, swam in the rain, had cocktails with friends, and enjoyed a romantic candle-lit dinner for two by the river.

It was a weekend of magical moments with the woman I love. And thank god I didn’t have to spend it in Thailand. Sorry, sorry, I don’t know why I said that…it just slipped out…I love Thailand, really, really I do… :-)

One hears a lot of complaints about rental deposits not being returned, or that the process of getting your deposit back is far harder than drawing blood from a stone.

I have had two fairly long leases here, and the first deposit was paid back promptly a week after moving out (the house was owned by a land developer). The second one is current, and since I wanted to be on the safe side, and knowing that the landlady is always short of money, I did not pay the rental for the last two months so I could recover the deposit.

Halfway through the second month the landlady called and wondered about the missing rent. I explained that it was the deposit being "repayed". She went quiet for 3 seconds, then said "OK". Painless.

I might have been lucky, but still it is a positive story (two actually).

Edit for typos (note to self: Learn how to spell!)

Edited by MeaMaximaCulpa