Name That Thing!

DirkGently

Every time I visit a beer garden and order one, I have no idea what it is called.

I am talking about those large beer containers that stand on your table with a small tap for you to top up your drinks. They usually contain something in the region of three litres and has an ice core to keep it cool.

I guess everything has a name, right? It can't be a pitchur or a demijon.

*****Free empty promise with the first correct answer with proof*****

Every time I visit a beer garden and order one, I have no idea what it is called.

I am talking about those large beer containers that stand on your table with a small tap for you to top up your drinks. They usually contain something in the region of three litres and has an ice core to keep it cool.

I guess everything has a name, right? It can't be a pitchur or a demijon.

*****Free empty promise with the first correct answer with proof*****

i call them a personal hangover the next day :o

No one has ever giving me an answer on this one.

Sory no picture, but I guess you know what I mean.

What is the official name (Thai or English) of the thing that you put on the conveyor belt to seperate your shoppings from others?

You know when you shop for your groceries at Lotus, Carrefour and such.

Wot is the official name for it and please provide a link.

i call it " beer tower" or if i order i say " beer 1 tab" (make ur hands language too show them the long one) hahaha

'Tower' is correct. Or "Towerrrrrrrrrrr" in Tinglish. And their use in the formica-topped world of supermarket caffs around here has been credited (discredited) with the ultrastupid legislation of the the Toxin government to limit alcky purchasing hours.

I admit that many Thai layabouts could be seen laying about the remnants of a towerrrr or two on late Saturday lunch times.

So out of their heads they couldn't even help me back into the car after I'd consumed my own......!

Yep i call em Beer Towers.

What do you call the things that you put your bottle in to keep it cold. Most people i know call it a "Condom" but it must have an official name :o

I think the Aussies call them stubby holders

Not heard that one :D

What do you call the things that you put your bottle in to keep it cold. Most people i know call it a "Condom" but it must have an official name :D

Throughout the Caribbean they are called "coolies" or "coolie cups".

Or that one :D