Thankyou To All

rambler

i would like to thank all who came to visit and/or supported me during my recent lenghty stay in hospital,especaily my close freinds and work colleagues from the u too bar patrick dean rob kev and the many customers that showed so much concern , steve and pim redneck, martin and nid, johny from janet bar and the teachers at best school etcetc the list is endless -thanks to all. i learned a very painful and expensive lesson on sunday the 23rd of september when a gas bottle went bang at my home something as silly as a broken jubilee clip on a gas connection resulted in 8 days ICU, 9 operations ,485 k bt bill and 13 kilos lost in weight certainly the whole incident has changed my life and how i veiw life now so all of u out there dont take things for granted such as GAS a quick check does go a miss and be safe.On another thing the emergency treatment and ICU care i got at bkk pattya hospital was excellent however when i moved from icu to the normal rooms it was like going from a first rate hospital to a hotel - at this point i got the hel_l out there and went to queen sirikit in satahip this was a great choice the place and staff were magnificent A BIG THANKYOU must go to all there too. cheers and good health RAMBLER.

sorry to hear about your ordeal and glad to hear that you are fine now!

What exactly caused the explosion? I would like to avoid such accidents if ever possible....

thanks to all for the kind words...i can remember everthing that happened and im told a combination of a dodgy return valve and an old jubilee clip on the gas pipe to the hob is the most probable cause , gas actualy filled all the base kitchen units and when i lit the hob boom bang a bang the rest is history. the help and support i received from so many was brilliant including taking great care of my son while i was laid up something i will never forget. just a quick line to emcross hope the kids r doing ok in the new school ive been to look round and my son is starting in may so hopefully will meet u at some stage. rambler

I know with the benefit of hindsight we'd all have done some things, or many for some folks, different but really gas tanks should never be stored in the house. They should be located in a bunker outside with a slatted door for ventilation. The gas should be piped to the hob and the valve on the tank should be kept shut at all times when not actually cooking. All hoses and fittings should be visually inspected regularly for damage, corrosion and deterioration and replaced annually regardless of condition. A bit extreme but it may be worth going round all the joints and flexible hoses once in a while, gas valve open, with a soap solution looking for leaks.

Too late for rambler but the rest of you guys should take a good look at your gas systems.

Anyhow good to hear you are making a good recovery and are now out of hospital. No matter how good the hospital is your home is a far better environment.

I know with the benefit of hindsight we'd all have done some things, or many for some folks, different but really gas tanks should never be stored in the house. They should be located in a bunker outside with a slatted door for ventilation. The gas should be piped to the hob and the valve on the tank should be kept shut at all times when not actually cooking. All hoses and fittings should be visually inspected regularly for damage, corrosion and deterioration and replaced annually regardless of condition. A bit extreme but it may be worth going round all the joints and flexible hoses once in a while, gas valve open, with a soap solution looking for leaks. (I usually use a butane lighter. HB)

Too late for rambler but the rest of you guys should take a good look at your gas systems.

Anyhow good to hear you are making a good recovery and are now out of hospital. No matter how good the hospital is your home is a far better environment.