Success Story

happylarry

By the way Larry....a friend of mine here in Dublin has married a girl...well woman...from Nong Ki and is as happy as Larry (pun intended!!!) The two of the are in heaven and she is gorgeous in every way. I fancied her as well! Maybe something in the girls of Nong Ki.....worth a trip maybe!!!!!

Most 60 year olds marrying a girl 30 years his minor would find this a wonderful story.

I think anyone regardless of their age would find Happy Larry's a wonderful story. The fact that I am 66 and am married a girl 36 years my minor only makes it more relevant to me. :D

Happy Larry, it was interesting that in many ways our situations were very similar. I also was lucky enough to find someone that 'soul mate' would not even be adequate to describe our wonderful relationship. We have found that we are so much alike in so many ways that we do almost everything together and our life together is filled with laughter and is much like a happy fairy tale.

I also had been divorced after a mostly happy 30 year marriage but had decided that I would never marry again as I was very happy living my life as a playboy bachelor traveling around the world . Then one day at a restaurant at MBK in Bangkok, I started a conversation with a Thai girl at the table next to me. I learned that she was a scientific sales rep. for a US based company but she loved flying and was soon going to start a new job as a flight attendant. Being a pilot, our common interest started a good friendship which eventually lead to romance and marriage.

Looking back on things, it is interesting how fate and luck in additon to being in the right place at the right time can sometimes play such a pivotal role in our lives. I consider myself so fortunate to have found such unbelievable happiness in my life. Even more important is the fact that my wife tells me that she feels the same way as I do. I am really enjoying reading the stories of other TV members that have also are sharing their happy success stories. Best wishes to all. :o

Most 60 year olds marrying a girl 30 years his minor would find this a wonderful story.

I think anyone regardless of their age would find Happy Larry's a wonderful story. The fact that I am 66 and am married a girl 36 years my minor only makes it more relevant to me. :D

Happy Larry, it was interesting that in many ways our situations were very similar. I also was lucky enough to find someone that 'soul mate' would not even be adequate to describe our wonderful relationship. We have found that we are so much alike in so many ways that we do almost everything together and our life together is filled with laughter and is much like a happy fairy tale.

I also had been divorced after a mostly happy 30 year marriage but had decided that I would never marry again as I was very happy living my life as a playboy bachelor traveling around the world . Then one day at a restaurant at MBK in Bangkok, I started a conversation with a Thai girl at the table next to me. I learned that she was a scientific sales rep. for a US based company but she loved flying and was soon going to start a new job as a flight attendant. Being a pilot, our common interest started a good friendship which eventually lead to romance and marriage.

Looking back on things, it is interesting how fate and luck in additon to being in the right place at the right time can sometimes play such a pivotal role in our lives. I consider myself so fortunate to have found such unbelievable happiness in my life. Even more important is the fact that my wife tells me that she feels the same way as I do. I am really enjoying reading the stories of other TV members that have also are sharing their happy success stories. Best wishes to all. :o

Hey Larry, its great to hear successful story of thai/farang relationships. Me myself looking for the right gal, but unfortunately its not easy to find good one, and I cant live in Isaan for example...Keep us posted on the developments..-)

Being married to him, it's more than I had hoped the marriage would be. We got married when we were both in the early 20's.

My husband (American) and I(thai), we are similar in age, come from a similar background and education, so I think those are some of the reasons we get along so well. We don't sweat on the small stuffs and we work out the big stuffs, even if it's just to agree to disagree. We both understand that our marriage is about more than just each of us individually but about us as a team.

There are many obstacles ofcourse, like… at times I always have to bite my tongue, he knows EVERY thing!!!!!!!!!! Some times he can also get on my nerves,….with his sleeping habits (is there a bed larger than a california king out there?), or those stupid ball games he is always watching,etc. I have bad habits also and I'm sure he could make a long list too.

Difficulties happen at times but that's expected when you share your home, your life, your past/present/future with another person, but those can all be forgiven when the love is there. I love him, respect him, and can't imagine my life without him and I am glad I married to my best friend. Especially on the bad days, those are when I truly understood what it meant and meant what I said when I said I do. It's been 21 years already with no end in sight...and we are all still changing and adapting to each other.

I don't think there is a bed big enough to share with my wife. somehow this petite princess spralls all over in warmer weather, but when its cold I end up blanketless. I can't figure out how someone less than half my size can take up so much space, or be so strong as to strip away all blankets on those cold nights.

That being said, I cannot think of being with anyone else, or happier. Been together close to 10 years and married for over 6 years. This despite a small difference of 25 years in our age.

I have friends who have been together for 40 years and have a wonderful life together. He was an OIC running something for the US military in Bangkok when they met, she was what she just retired as here, a school teacher. They'll never leave the US, as their kids and grandkids are here, but their love and joy with each other is stronger every year.

Best of Luck. The pluses are that your lady has: an education, intelligence, a job, and probably speaks some acceptable English. I expect that she was interested in you for genuine reasons of attraction and love and not money. These kind of attributes in a woman are hard to find here, if you are an older Farang, but possible. After three years of living here and being aquainted with 20-25 women, I have met one, who may be what I have been looking for. I am holding my breath and hoping for the best.

While reading a sad topic about "farang man marrying a working girl and losing house and land" I noticed an input from "manchester" drawing attention to the fact that we only ever see the disaster stories.

So I thought I would start this topic and see where it goes.

July 2004 I retired to the island of Koh Samui, then unfortunately in August 2004 I became very ill with an extremely bad chest infection. I booked myself into one of the local international hospitals for a couple of nights until I got over the worst. Anyway I had the most gorgeous nurse to look after me on the first day and I could not stop thinking about her the rest of the time I was in there, so much so that when I was discharged I went looking for her and asked her out, not expecting her to say yes, but she did.

We ended up living together for two and a half years and then got married in Febuary this year.

The term "soul mates" does not come close. We enjoy life together so much, like all the same things ie...food...films...music...dancing...and laugh...we cry because we laugh so long sometimes. We have a house in Samui but are moving up to Nong Ki in Isaan next year, where my wife already has three rye of land that we are going to build a small house on.

When I got divorced after 28 years of a reasonably happy marriage in UK I never dreamed that I could find happiness like this, and for those of you that look for the worst....She was not married before, has no kids and has made it clear to all her family that they are not in for a free ride.

I truly believe that I could not find anyone that I would rather spend the rest of my life with.

If there are any residents of Nong Ki reading this and want to get together some time for a drink after I move up there then get in touch.

Apologies for such a long topic. Happy Larry

Dear Larry

I am so pleased and happy for you both. May you both be blessed for many years to come, faint heart never won fair maidon you found your lady and went for it. Well done! May you both live long and love even longer.

My Lady is from up north and for two years i still pinch myself just to make sure! Be happy you have just made me smile, Thank you for sharing.

Chris

This topic is the first time I have ever posted anything on this forum, and I guess I was just doing it for a laugh.....BUT.....I have been amazed at the response. All the happy stories that have come out and the good wishes that have come forth, and not one derogatory comment to spoil it. Thank you all for your time and efforts. I will now have to try and think of something else to post to get you all smiling again.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all.

This topic is the first time I have ever posted anything on this forum, and I guess I was just doing it for a laugh.....BUT.....I have been amazed at the response. All the happy stories that have come out and the good wishes that have come forth, and not one derogatory comment to spoil it. Thank you all for your time and efforts. I will now have to try and think of something else to post to get you all smiling again.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all.

Nah, don't be amazed, there are some humans here if you can get through the dross!

Merry Christmas and New Year to you, I have 10 minutes ago got a new contract for work confirmed so I can continue to live in the LOS. My Christmas present.

Good luck Larry