90day Visa Without Leaving Thailand

Just been to Jack Golf and they say they can get you a 90 day visa from Penang without you leaving the country, you give them your passport seven days prior and they send it to Penang, they say everything is sanctioned through immigration and is completely above board, cost 9900 baht.

Just been to Jack Golf and they say they can get you a 90 day visa from Penang without you leaving the country, you give them your passport seven days prior and they send it to Penang, they say everything is sanctioned through immigration and is completely above board, cost 9900 baht.

:o

Yeah right. Good luck.

Feel sorry for Jack Golf now that this has been made public on a forum read by Immigration ( If the OP,s account is true )

Looks like Jack Golf will be getting busted soon.

Edited by stevemiddie

It's not legal, many had their fingers burned in the past.

Naka

I wouldn't do it and I don't advise anyone else to do it ,I like to know where my passport is and what it's doing, I'm simply passing on the information given out to a bus load of passengers that everything is legal and above board.

Naka

I wouldn't do it and I don't advise anyone else to do it ,I like to know where my passport is and what it's doing, I'm simply passing on the information given out to a bus load of passengers that everything is legal and above board.

Ok. :o

I was under the impression that you were told personally. Were you on the bus?

And here is another one.

Tourist Visa to Thailand for AUS Citizens

Siam International Legal Group offers this service for you to obtain a Tourist visa for Thailand. This visa type provides:

Single or multiple entries into Thailand

Valid for stay for a period of 60 days

Able to extend in Thailand for an additional 30 days = 90 days*

Ability to convert to Non-Immigrant visa in Thailand, if needed

Able to open bank account in Thailand

* A 1,900 THB (AU$ 64) fee will be charged by Thai Immigration Police.

For only AU$ 135 our package includes:

Visa application form completed by our professional legal staff

Supporting documents which are required from Thai Embassy

Guaranteed successful submission to Thai Embassy in AUS.

Quick Service and your passport/visa returned to you

Express 24 hour visa processing service is available for extra fee

And here is another one.

Siam International Legal Group offers this service for you to obtain a Tourist visa for Thailand. This visa type provides:

Nowhere does the above state that you can do this whilst IN THAILAND, nothing wrong with using an agent to obtain a visa whilst outside the country.

Edited by Crossy

And here is another one.

Nowhere does the above state that you can do this whilst IN THAILAND, nothing wrong with using an agent to obtain a visa whilst outside the country.

Except that this firm has no registered address , telephone number or ABN/ACN number for taxation purposes in Australia. An Australian can obtain a tourist visa from the consulate in the State in which he lives or by registered mail,

A licenced travel agent in Australia can obtain an application form which you fill in and sign and they will courier it to the Thai consulate for you if you wish. But you must be in Australia.

And here is another one.

LOL The actual Consulate fee in Australia for a tourist visa is AU$45 ( a $90 earn for the legal firm for doing sfa ) The Brisbane Thai Consulate does visa's while you wait. No extra fee, and you can download a visa application form from the www. :o

And here is another one.

LOL The actual Consulate fee in Australia for a tourist visa is AU$45 ( a $90 earn for the legal firm for doing sfa ) The Brisbane Thai Consulate does visa's while you wait. No extra fee, and you can download a visa application form from the www. :o

And you must be physically present in Australia. This visa agent does not have an office in Australia. Registered mail is $5 each way within Australia and takes a minimum of 5 working days.

Read the "package" deal carefully.You should note it takes 3 days minimum for an EMS letter from Australia to Bangkok.

The application form has the consulate address and tel. number printed on the it.

Naka

Ok. :o

I was under the impression that you were told personally. Were you on the bus?

Sorry for the late reply but I've been out, yes I was on the bus and the guy clearly stated it was legal, if it's not then I'm glad I posted it here for immigration to read.

I'm not surprised, even Thai consulates overseas will offer this. The Thai Consulate in my home town in Canada offered me this:

Provide the application details in an email,

Courier my passport from here in Thailand, along with a return, prepaid courier envelope and a cheque for $60CAD, to their office in Canada.

Allow 4 days for shipping and 24 hours for processing

Passport with tourist visa arrives at your hotel or wherever you specify

Multiple entries also available

I declined because being here without a passport is too dodgy and it's no giant hardship to get to Malaysia, but an interesting (if illegal) option coming from a legitimate Thai consulate.

Mind you this particular consulate is run 20 hours/week out of a tiny office by one male and one female VOLUNTEER, neither of whom are Thai. Mind you, bless them for processing Thai visas and getting nothing in return except perhaps the occasional free durian!

If you have obtained a visa whilst you were in Thailand then it is very likely that the immigration chaps will spot the issue date on the visa and will cancel it.

There's a thread somewhere covering exactly this scenario, cost the OP 100 quid for his worthless non-o.

I cannot truly believe that a legitimate outfit such as Jack Golf would offer such a service, I've emailed them to check (with a link to this thread) wonder if I'll get any response.

Edited by Crossy

I'm not surprised, even Thai consulates overseas will offer this. The Thai Consulate in my home town in Canada offered me this:

Provide the application details in an email,

Courier my passport from here in Thailand, along with a return, prepaid courier envelope and a cheque for $60CAD, to their office in Canada.

Allow 4 days for shipping and 24 hours for processing

Passport with tourist visa arrives at your hotel or wherever you specify

Multiple entries also available

I declined because being here without a passport is too dodgy and it's no giant hardship to get to Malaysia, but an interesting (if illegal) option coming from a legitimate Thai consulate.

Mind you this particular consulate is run 20 hours/week out of a tiny office by one male and one female VOLUNTEER, neither of whom are Thai. Mind you, bless them for processing Thai visas and getting nothing in return except perhaps the occasional free durian!

Shocking if they do...

Which consul ??

Yes I believe they are Honorary Consulates (though I can't claim to be up on what exactly that means), they gal who answers the phone claimed that they were unpaid, "but they have fun", and she was quite certain that she could pull off the above scenario no problem.

The service was for Canadian passport holders and was located in the province of Alberta.

Hey man it aint April Fools, better have a looksee at your calendar

I sent an email to Siam Legal and received the following reply.

"We would like to inform you that we have no office in Australia. We only have offices in Thailand, London and USA."

So it would appear that you can use their offices only in the USA and UK to obtain a Thai visa.

Yes I believe they are Honorary Consulates (though I can't claim to be up on what exactly that means), they gal who answers the phone claimed that they were unpaid, "but they have fun", and she was quite certain that she could pull off the above scenario no problem.

The service was for Canadian passport holders and was located in the province of Alberta.

Any visa obtained the way you said will not be valid. When Immigration ID the visa you will be banged up and deported.

Hey man I ain't no fool and know what I heard along with another 30 passengers, if it's of no interest then just ignore it.

Hey man I ain't no fool and know what I heard along with another 30 passengers, if it's of no interest then just ignore it.

It`s quite possible they can provide this service, but it would not be above board.

Any visa obtained the way you said will not be valid. When Immigration ID the visa you will be banged up and deported.

Appalling misinformation from a source you'd expect to know what their doing. I did the trip to Penang for mine, which I'll just keep doing assuming that doesn't go completely all to hel_l. :o

Penang checks for a Malaysian entry stamp in the passport,

so unless some palms are being greased here, the story does not ring true! :o

The passport would also need an exit and entry stamp to activate the new visa.............

That means a corrupt immigration officer.

There have been schemes like this in the past and travellers have been burned.

NOT RECOMMENDED.

Palms are being greased..

Very common where we are.. Non imms being simply being sold.. Passports are stamped out of Thailand and into Malaysia, then visa is obtained and stamped back in so all stamps match. This is not unknown to the immigration so presumably they are behind it (nice late model 5 series beemer he was driving too.. Whats an immigration desk guys salary ??) or being greased in some way locally too. the applicant doesnt even leave the country and they will also clean up overstay all in the same price.

It is what it is... highly illegal and risky... But becoming very commonplace now that visa running is becoming harder among the usual bar fly set.

A few years ago in Samui nobody ever left the country for a new visa or for crossing the border, all done directly at the immigration office, then they had the crackdown, looks like things are getting back to normal :o

Yeah the first year or two for me also we were all told to just leave the passports (with thier agent, not in the office) with a 1000 baht note in it.. 30 day stamps all from Padangbasar.. Then (so I was told it) the agent got greedy and made his own padangbasar stamp.. once immigration started getting cut out there was that front page of the Phuket gazette, anyone with padangbasar stamps had hassle and lots of passports were lost that month..

I remember being at the agents office and seeing his cabinet drawer with farang passports.. Literally 100's each one 1000 baht, new batch every day !!

Back then that was 'normal' practice.. It was what immigration told you to do.

Although I have no proof, the way these new in and out stamps are being talked about in every expat bar here, I suspect they are moving literally 100's again.. Again I expect the house of cards will come crashing down but with more serious consequences this time.. Seems to me to be a very different climate for those games. Its not like immigration will give a dam_n about a bunch of expats who knowing tried to cheat the system even if they are getting fat on it.