Mentally Scarred For Life?

mbkudu

Has Thailand mentally scarred you for life, either for good or bad? I ask because the other day I was at work and one of my work mates out of the blue started humming the Scorpions' 'Final Countdown.' Instantly, I had an image in my head of a smoky, upstairs Patpong go-go bar and a dancer holding two lit candles over her head. She then started the ritual molten wax dripping on the breasts routine.

It's strange how certain smells or sounds bring back past images. I can't imagine what ex- soldiers go through everytime they listen to an oldies station on the radio.

This may be a twit posting to some or maybe not. Perhaps I am just taking up the slack from Bluecat's indefinate incarceration from the forum. Poor chap; if there is anybody severely addicted to this forum, it would have to be him.

Scared ….. as in a indelible impression …. YES.

My first visit to LOS was 3 yrs ago, for a 2wk trip. 2 weeks! The longest time I have been away from my kids before.

So while I enjoyed my time in LOS, I looked forward to going home to my family and soft rain, cool breeze and all that.

Somewhere while flying over Turkey on the way home, I realised my view of many aspects of my life had changed dramatically a “paradigm shift” so to speak…… I WOULD BE BACK!

Now every time I look up at a grey sky (grey for weeks on end) I have a strong urge to phone my travel agent….. OHHHHH I have been brain washed!

Next month I will visit LOS for the 10th time in 3 years… Scared NO… Kissed by an Angel in the City of Angels in The Land of Smiles…. You bet!

Have a Happy…

DeDanan

Has Thailand mentally scarred you for life, either for good or bad? I ask because the other day I was at work and one of my work mates out of the blue started humming the Scorpions' 'Final Countdown.' Instantly, I had an image in my head of a smoky, upstairs Patpong go-go bar and a dancer holding two lit candles over her head. She then started the ritual molten wax dripping on the breasts routine.

It's strange how certain smells or sounds bring back past images. I can't imagine what ex- soldiers go through everytime they listen to an oldies station on the radio.

This may be a twit posting to some or maybe not. Perhaps I am just taking up the slack from Bluecat's indefinate incarceration from the forum. Poor chap; if there is anybody severely addicted to this forum, it would have to be him.

I dont think thats a thailand phenomenon.

Mr Bojangles brings me to my room where I grew up--about 7- 8 years old.

Allman Brothers take me back high school days on East Coast.

Free Bird takes me back to college campus in San Diego.

Donna Summer and Disco take me back to my jetsetting days of the late seventies and early eighties.

UB40 and FYC takes me back to selling pizzas in my restauarant up north.

I do not actually think you can be addicted to a forum.

But you can be "addicted" to the people posting in the forum.

To the interaction with the people posting in the forum.

The people change, the forum change and the addiction is gone, I think...