Medication Availability

chicowoodduck

At the end of the month I'll be returing to LOS for an extended stay (at least a year on this trip) and I'm wondering about the prospects of getting my medications refilled? I have all my doctor's letters and prescriptions outlining my need for being on the Terazosin (prostate) and Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure) medications (good to have the paper trail for immigration if nothing else). My U.S. doctor said that he is highly doubtful that any chemist would do a re-fill for me based on just a written note from him. He suggested getting them mailed to me from the U.S., but I'm skeptical of the Thai Post even on a good day. Has anyone had a similar experience? I've got about a three month supply in my suitcase. :o

At the end of the month I'll be returing to LOS for an extended stay (at least a year on this trip) and I'm wondering about the prospects of getting my medications refilled? I have all my doctor's letters and prescriptions outlining my need for being on the Terazosin (prostate) and Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure) medications (good to have the paper trail for immigration if nothing else). My U.S. doctor said that he is highly doubtful that any chemist would do a re-fill for me based on just a written note from him. He suggested getting them mailed to me from the U.S., but I'm skeptical of the Thai Post even on a good day. Has anyone had a similar experience? I've got about a three month supply in my suitcase. :o

Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure)You can buy this over the counter, just take a empty pk/box, your better off at a small Thai Pharmacists, they all speak English

Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure)You can buy this over the counter, just take a empty pk/box, your better off at a small Thai Pharmacists, they all speak English

Yes - its sold under a number of brand names as its generic now off patent

I take it in combination with Losartan potassium (Hyzaar Forte) but hope to go down to Cozaar which is just the Losotarn (or even no drugs) when my new get fit regime and diet kick in - finger crossed.

Yes - its sold under a number of brand names as its generic now off patent

I take it in combination with Losartan potassium (Hyzaar Forte) but hope to go down to Cozaar which is just the Losotarn (or even no drugs) when my new get fit regime and diet kick in - finger crossed.

Thanks for the advice, it sounds like I've got all my ducks in a row and will not have to be too concerned with getting my meds re-filled in a timely and efficient manner. Good luck with the new regime! :D