Buying Windows Operating System In The Us

Jingthing

I am considering buying an XP pro or Vista licensed OS in the US (better price).

Would there be any issue with installing that on a computer in Thailand? Might it confuse the Bill Gates Gods?

Also, now that Vista has been out awhile, could the nerderati advise on whether it is worth using over XP?

Edited by Jingthing

I am considering buying an XP pro or Vista licensed OS in the US (better price).

Would there be any issue with installing that on a computer in Thailand? Might it confuse the Bill Gates Gods?

Also, now that Vista has been out awhile, could the nerderati advise on whether it is worth using over XP?

Nope, should not be a problem at all. I am Norwegian and always use the English language version of the OS, as most of my software is also in that language. And I believe that is the same version you get in the US.

But perhaps you fear some kind of registration issue. But again do not think you will have a problem. I installed my English language version of windows XP, purchased in Norway, while I was in Sudan and never had a problem.

Where's cdnvic when you need him? :o He was always extolling the virtues of Vista, so that's a good recommendation. His last post was a long time ago but, again, was criticising the Vista bashers - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1676235

I just put another 1 GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk onto my lap top, so I won't be getting a new PC any time soon. "Vista vs. XP" is not something I think too much about.

Lots of Google results: http://72.14.205.104/search?q=%22Vista%20vs.%20XP%22

when installing your OS, you can add any langauge you like..... by default it is always English US, [unless you buy Windows Thai] not a lot of good for me being UK English = wrong keyboard = wrong spelt words etc..

As for Vista or XP......... depends what programs your using

Myself have Windows XP 32bit with Visa Transformation pack [must have as SQL Server will not run in Vista]

I also have Vista 64bit Windows, as a dual boot.... it runs faster but you need at least 2GB of memory

Ever since they upgraded Vista to the new and faster Windows XP Professional Operating Systsem, I am actually starting to like Widnows. :D

i gave Vista a chance and tried it for a week. then i formatted the drive, restored the old XP Pro and said "hasta la vista!" :o

Ever since they upgraded Vista to the new and faster Windows XP Professional Operating Systsem, I am actually starting to like Widnows. :D

i gave Vista a chance and tried it for a week. then i formatted the drive, restored the old XP Pro and said "hasta la vista!" :o

Don't you mean: "Hasta la vista, Baby!" :D

Do not talk to me about Vista for quite a while, what a nuisance. Just a couple of weeks ago I could not make run one particular software under Vista Ultimate even after loading it twice and I am glad I could get back to XP Pro. And while I partitioned and formatted my drive(s) and loaded only what I really needed, I just realized who much garbage the dealers are putting onto one’s disk.

I bought a legal OEM copy in Switzerland and there are no issues on a computer in Thailand and I activated my XP Pro SP2 with Microsoft twice.