Tarmac Drive

canopus1969

Is there a reason you want tarmac? I just had my drive done with interlocking bricks and it looks really neat. I cannot imagine tarmac lasting too long in a driveway when it gets hot in the summer. As Chang_paarp has said, just look at the roads!

Considering the responses from both Chang_paarp and nidge, I'd like to ask a couple of related questions.

I'd guess that the interlocking brick surface was fairly expensive, nidge. Would you mind sharing a figure on cost per square meter? (A cost per square meter, and sources, for other types of surfaces for small to medium drives would also be appreciated from anyone who has such information.)

Secondly, tagging onto Chang_paarp's comment, is there a "formal" method for reporting road defects, and requesting repair? (Of course, I don't expect it to work. I'm just curious as to whether such a process exists!) ;-)

I'd guess that the interlocking brick surface was fairly expensive, nidge. Would you mind sharing a figure on cost per square meter? (A cost per square meter, and sources, for other types of surfaces for small to medium drives would also be appreciated from anyone who has such information.)

I don't know if it was expensive or not as i never looked at any options. It was 550 Baht per square meter, that's cheaper than a cheap carpet in the UK. (I know you wouldn't carpet a driveway but it put's the cost into a perspective of sorts).

I had 75 square meters done and it totally transformed the look of my house. (Is was crap concrete before).

post-48222-1198130831_thumb.jpg

Nidge

Thanks for the info - is that price including laying or just the blocks ?

Cheers

That was the price for everything, including digging up the grass and taking it away. I believe the bricks are made by the same company and this will keep the cost down.

Nidge

Thanks for the info - must say that sounds a good price - can you say which company did the work for you please ?

Gabunga

I thought about stamped conctete - sorry to be a pain again, but do you know of a company in Pattaya (or area) ?

Cheers chaps

canopus,

Sorry i'm at work now, (Saudi), but i'll be back in 2 1/2 weeks if you can wait.

They are based north of Chaiyaphum so if you are way down in Pattaya it may be a little more expensive. I'll get my lady to ask for you.