Respray A New Car ?

North

As I posted in another post of the 100 Black only diesel focus…

This Focus is the last of the old models, why would you want an old model so bad ? the new model will be in Thailand very soon, to see the difference go to Ford.de [Germany] or Ford.uk

post-42643-1198229984_thumb.jpg

where do you get that information from ?

In the last few days I have read every review of the Ford Focus, - new and older, that I was able to find on the Internet, and the reviews of the "new" Focus says quite clearly, that the "new" mainly means that Ford changed the outside looks, driving experience basically remains the same, ( it´s very good).

Yes, the Focus does have a new look in the UK, so what, when we get that look here, they will have another "new look" in the UK.

Personally I am quite happy with the look of the Focus as it is now.

But I read on Internet that people from the U.S. does complaint about the Focus, they don´t have the new Foxus they have the very old and first Focus, and they are begging Ford to bring in the "new Focus", as we have here.

I clearly stated where the photo's came from.. Ford.uk and Ford.de........ You will also find the same info on Ford Malaysia, Ford au, Ford.jp.........

From FORD Globel......... Maybe you would have got a good DEAL at the BKK motor show ????????? the new face lift model was there..

New Pricing For Ford Focus, Thailand's First E20 Capable Vehicle

BANGKOK, Thailand â November 19, 2007 â Ford Thailand today announced a sweeping new pricing policy for its entire Ford Focus petrol lineup, reflecting the Thai Government's new excise tax policy for E20 capable vehicles, which officially takes effect on January 1.

Ford Thailand first launched the E20 capable Ford Focus in 2005 as part of Ford's global leadership and commitment to sustainability and reduced dependence on fossil fuels.

âAs the first automaker to introduce E20 capable vehicles in Thailand, Ford is committed to supporting Government alternative fuel policies,â said Saroj Kiatfuengfoo, senior vice president of Ford Thailand. âStarting today, new pricing for our Ford Focus E20 models is available through our nationwide network of authorized Ford dealerships."

Globally, Ford Motor Company has pledged to make half of its vehicles capable of running on alternative fuels by 2012, provided the necessary fuel and infrastructure are in place. Ford believes the Thai Government's new E20 policy is an important step forward in driving momentum for the implementation and increased usage of alternative fuels in the Thailand.

âThe Ford Focus E20 offers Thai customers immediate benefit from the new legislation," explained Saroj. "They'll be able to make an environmentally-friendly purchase decision, while benefiting from the lower pricing we're able to pass on as a result of the new policy,â he added.

The new pricing for current E20 Focus models includes:

* 2.0L Sport 5-door at Baht 939,000

* 1.8L Ghia 4-door at Baht 895,000

New pricing for the freshened Ford Focus, which will include a number of new features, and be available for advanced booking at the upcoming Motor Expo, includes:

* 2.0L Sport 5-door at Baht 949,000

* 2.0L Ghia 4-door at Baht 949,000

* 1.8L Finesse 5-door, Baht 839,000

* 1.8L Finesse 4-door, Baht 829,000

Since introduction in Thailand in 2005, Ford has sold more than 7,000 E20 capable Ford Focus vehicles. Flex-fuel technology was created by Ford Motor Company in the mid-1980s, and flex-fuel vehicles (FFVs) are part of Ford's broad portfolio of environmentally advanced vehicle technologies. Ford has put more than 5 million flex-fuel vehicles on roads worldwide.

The Focus is one of Fordâs most popular passenger cars. It has won more than 80 awards worldwide, including the Car of the Year, due to its outstanding combination of premium quality, modern European design, class-leading features and superior driving dynamics.

Earlier this month, Ford Thailand launched the new Ford Focus range. The freshened Ford Focus continues to offer a thrilling driving experience with its powerful and responsive engine, impressive on-road dynamics and class-leading safety features. The full Focus range consists of both E-20 capable models for unmatched performance and environmental friendliness, and the Focus TDCi diesel variant for superior fuel economy and exceptional drivability.

Visitors at the 24th Motor Expo from November 30-December 10 at IMPACT Challenger Hall 1-3, Muang Thong Thani, will have the opportunity to experience the entire Ford Focus range â both current and newly-launched models. In addition, the entire 15 model Ford Thailand vehicle line up will be available with special promotions.

Note: An E20 capable vehicle can use petrol only, or a mix that contains up to 20 percent bio-ethanol fuel. The engine is able to sense a change in fuel composition and adjusts itself automatically without compromising power or performance.

More photos: 2008 Ford Focus Photo Gallery

I find it also interesting to look at the different 'SPY SHOTS' web sites, there the ALL new 2009/2010 For Focus looks bad..... but then so did the ALL new Honda Jazz/Fit 2 years ago.... At this moment there are about 30 ALL new models comeing by 2010, at least you can see what the 1st ones look like driven on the road, and how they change at the time of production

FORD UK are offering the 2007 model NEW for 30% discount...

Edited by ignis

I really liked the looks of the earlier Honda Civics. The last major change in the skin put me off to the point that I no longer wanted one. A new car is a new car and a new skin doesn't change the car but it does change what I think about the looks. A diesel option IS a big deal. Had I known that Ford would be offering a Focus diesel, I would CERTAINLY have waited. An often overlooked feature is safety. The Focus did VERY well in crash tests. Maybe it is because of the European design. The passenger compartment is especially strong. Thailand is not big as far as car and vehicle safety so that is an often overlooked fact. It also did very well in accident avoidance which tested steering, handling and brakes. The bottom line is that I really like the looks of my 2007 Focus Ghia. I don't care what the new model's skin LOOKS like.

North, with the Sun being what it is here, your colour choice isn't going to make a hel_l of a lot of difference. Is your car in the shade during the day? Once you're on the move with the aircon working, the colour is irrelevant. Anyway, you can't see the colour from inside, can you?

Please don't even think about a respray. It wouldn't even be a great idea back where they care about these things but here? Oh dear, I can just imagine your first post on here after you had it done...

Edited by micksterbs