Can Anyone Recommend A Resort Near Chiang Mai?

M71

Hi all - looking for somewhere to 'chill out' for a few days with the family over the xmas break - can anyone recommend a good value place within an hour or two drive from Chiang Mai. Quite, relaxing with decent accomodation.

Horizon Village on the Chiang Rai road - 10 mins outside CM - is gorgeous and really relaxing, although the cheapest rates on the net for a deluxe are about 3.5k.

Chang Dao is about an hour north and the Chang Dao Nest is supposed to be good... and a lot cheaper than the Horizon.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend the FOUR SEASON RESORT in Mae Rim. It's a 5 star facility, but a bit on the pricey side.

Mae Rim is about 15 Kilometers north of the city(30-45 minute drive to the city) accessible by major roads.

There are 4 or 5 nice resorts in Mae Rim. just do a google search.

Hi all - looking for somewhere to 'chill out' for a few days with the family over the xmas break - can anyone recommend a good value place within an hour or two drive from Chiang Mai. Quite, relaxing with decent accomodation.

What is 'decent accommodation' to you? I.e. what facilities are required, and what is your budget?

I agree w. Yorkman that Ban Klang Doi is an excellent choice for mid range accommodation - their Thai food is great too.

Obviously it is difficult to beat the Four Season resort, but it's a 5 star location with 5 star prices.