California Wow Pattaya

welbeck

Yank, American, whatever the manager is (and aren't they they same thing?)

those high-pressure bullying "sales" tactics don't go over well with most

people. I know those tailor sales people who step in front of you on the

sidewalk blocking your path with their clipboard are enough to send me over

the edge. Grabbed your mobile phone out of your hand? Somebody please,

just deck him. It's not like your hitting a Thai national, police would probably

think it was kind of funny. Not that it would change his behavior though. :o

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one guy who really needs to get a grip or get out more often, I saw the said beauty's picture and I have to say probably 70% of the bar girls in pattaya under 30 probably looks better, so dude get a grip, get over it and find a better one.

As for being hi-so, working in big C, do you have gullible tattoed on your forehead ?

Lot of nasty replies but the OP did kind of bring it on himself.

If you have a good looking woman you will inevitably get all the sharks in the world circling around her. It doesn't matter really what country you are in it will happen everywhere.

It goes with the territory. Probably it will be the farangs more than the Thais in Pattaya who are hitting on her because every woman in Pattaya is for many farangs fair game and probably on the game.

I would never have signed up with those high pressure tactice that the gym was employing.]

I pay a daily rate when i go to the gym which is usually Tony's off Walking St because this gym is not busy and has all the equipment i need.

"You come across as an insecure, jealous guy who couldn't handle a fit young man acting friendly to his incredibly beautiful girl. By your own account you're practically an invalid yet you talk about feeding this guy to the fish."

Errr isn't there something about personal attacks on this forum? You were making some good points in your previous posts in the thread, but now I'm forced to consider all your posts to be suspect.

From Wikipedia:

California Wow Xperience (CEO is a former Cali Fitness executive), is a California Fitness offshoot and a publicly traded company on the Stock Exchange of Thailand, mainly to get around foreign ownership laws, as it's business model, equipment, decoration all come from the California Fitness chain. However, it is considered a "Thai" company as majority ownership is Thai. It's so successful it has been accused of poaching members from other chains[2] It has member swap agreements with both affiliate chains, and runs 14 gyms in Korea and Thailand (5 cities).

California Fitness is is a wholly owned subsidiary of US based 24 Hour Fitness.

Edited by ZZZ

There is a LOT wrong with that story. Anyway.............thats by the by.

I don,t know of ANY Hi-So Thai female that would wish to be seen with a farang apart from the VERY good looking and VERY rich ones.

I fall into one of them categories, is that good enough? apparently so :o

You come across as an insecure, jealous guy who couldn't handle a fit young man acting friendly to his incredibly beautiful girl. By your own account you're practically an invalid yet you talk about feeding this guy to the fish.

You come across as one of those guys who needs to impress upon everyone that their girl is different and "not of those bargirls". In the Philippines and Thailand we hear this every day.

He was the same age as me or looked it. I left the UK because of "feeling guilty due to past indescressions" and have no wish to return because I don't like the person I was and don't want to be me again there or here. A lot of nasty people in Pattaya and I don't want to add to that.

Edited by welbeck

I don,t know of ANY Hi-So Thai female that would wish to be seen with a farang apart from the VERY good looking and VERY rich ones.

I fall into one of them categories, is that good enough? apparently so :D

I fall in both categories!!! :o

You come across as an insecure, jealous guy who couldn't handle a fit young man acting friendly to his incredibly beautiful girl. By your own account you're practically an invalid yet you talk about feeding this guy to the fish.

You come across as one of those guys who needs to impress upon everyone that their girl is different and "not of those bargirls". In the Philippines and Thailand we hear this every day.

He was the same age as me or looked it. I left the UK because of "feeling guilty due to past indescressions" and have no wish to return because I don't like the person I was and don't want to be me again there or here. A lot of nasty people in Pattaya and I don't want to add to that.

actually he is a yank .......hes definitely not fit,go and take a look at him......my girl says he looks funny(shes not wrong) haha...hes actually younger than he looks unless hes lying about his real age(possible)...he gets away with a lot there as his dad practically owns the california chain.

i understand they want to make money but theres a limit to pressure they should put on and they go beyond that and now have a bad rep.....<deleted>.in sales they never like you to go before paying something as they know a lot of people wont join/comeback.the manager is a complete jerk and doesnt listen and i think he takes it too personally when you dont join......hes like a spoilt child(which he probably is).he needs to differentiate between those who just need a little push to join and those that like to decide themselves first......trouble is too many people will succumb to the pressure and then regret it.....nothing you can do after....you signed. :o

There is enough negative information about this place on this forum to cause any sane person to never go near the place much less purchase a membership. Who would want a lifetime membership in a business sure to fail?

personally i dont think it will fail although believe me i would be very happy if it did......

as they know and other large international fitness chains know ...to survive/profit you need to go high pressure on the sales front......it does bring in money as people join and never go back to the place...money for nothing!!!.if they get enough people to join initially then this will cover there outlay,then they hassle the people who joined to buy more stuff ......personal training,drinks etc.......it wont stop,and they will still keep high pressure sales ongoing .......for yrs to come.

there is a high turnover of salespeople as very stressful position especially if boss is complete <deleted>,but the new people will try there hardest initially to hit there sales targets so they get bonus as basic salary will be next to zero.

im afraid the gyms that dont do pressure sales fail nowadays which is a shame as i believe a good gym is one where they care more about the customers health and needs rather than just his cash.....and america is the worse culprit for this high pressure technique mainly due to the owners of the clubs not even interested in workin out so dont really care.....its pure money to them.

i have been involved in the gym business for years and changed direction due to large corporate companies putting the smaller more caring gyms out of business and im not into hassling people to join.

i suggest joining tonys,no hassle to join and open 24 hrs ,good prices etc...i dont personally like tony but hes not my training buddy so what do i care......hes not ripping you off or ringing you up to join if you pop in for a look around.

actually he is a yank .......hes definitely not fit,go and take a look at him......my girl says he looks funny(shes not wrong) haha...hes actually younger than he looks unless hes lying about his real age(possible)...he gets away with a lot there as his dad practically owns the california chain.

i understand they want to make money but theres a limit to pressure they should put on and they go beyond that and now have a bad rep.....<deleted>.in sales they never like you to go before paying something as they know a lot of people wont join/comeback.the manager is a complete jerk and doesnt listen and i think he takes it too personally when you dont join......hes like a spoilt child(which he probably is).he needs to differentiate between those who just need a little push to join and those that like to decide themselves first......trouble is too many people will succumb to the pressure and then regret it.....nothing you can do after....you signed. :o

Exactly!

I saw this sleezy creep putting so much pressure on two young Thai girls to sign there and then that it made me sick!

They were so overwhelmed by this mother f**er that they...signed..and probably regret it now!

I felt so sorry for these girls, I really wanted to kick his ass!

Now that I go through all these postings here I see everebody has more or less the same experience with this looser!

It's time to report this guy and his agressive "sales tactics" to the local Tourist Police!

Hope he will be deported to where he belongs real fast!

Maybe I've missed a few things, but were did you get these "facts" ?

24 Hour Fitness sales people in the US were never as aggressive as described here. This manager sounds like a one of a kind jerk. A proper report to the hqdtrs might find him on the street. This guy a sounds like a total ass and should be fired.

Do you have a problem with Americans? Remember that is only one person. Losers come from everywhere. The fact that he may look funny is not something that you should be commenting on and it is a rude remark.

Edited by aguy30

Maybe I've missed a few things, but were did you get these "facts" ?

24 Hour Fitness sales people in the US were never as aggressive as described here. This manager sounds like a one of a kind jerk. A proper report to the hqdtrs might find him on the street. This guy a sounds like a total ass and should be fired.

Do you have a problem with Americans? Remember that is only one person. Losers come from everywhere. The fact that he may look funny is not something that you should be commenting on and it is a rude remark.

Tattoodrob's comment that he is a Yank didn't imply he had a problem with Yanks at all. Don't be so sensitive.

Where did I find her and what makes me a crybaby?

I highlighted this incident to bring to light unprofesional working practices and to let people know what to expect when they walk in this place I couldn't give a toss what other people think about what happens in my personal life.

That's just the problem you ran into. You DO seem to want to talk your lady up, and it comes across as ego-stroking. Why all the personal info about her and the pic, it's irrelevant.

Your point about the gym seems to be validated by other posters, but your sprouting off about the gf makes YOU look like a tosser.

The WOW is defiantly not WOW in Pattaya !

Firstly what a jerk that Manager guy is ! He looks a mess for a start ! He is training the Thai staff to be just as obnoxious and irritating as him what a looser.

I am member now and have been since it started , I have a few friends of the Bangkok gyms and they all said it was a good professional gym to work out ! Its defiantly looks like it has all the best equipment.

However after joining you realize how Mickey Mouse the whole set up is…. The trainers are trained to target every ones weaknesses ! The comments ive heard them say to the members including myself are not meant to be used to motivate people ! They prey on the people who are trying to do something about their bodies.

The personal training is very unprofessional and is mainly based on how many sessions you will sign up for. Having taken out a tester small amount of sessions just to see how they are , towards the end of my sessions there’s a huge urgency to make me commit to more sessions! In fact it has now started to dominate my session time to the point I no longer want to workout there.

In short the most unprofessional , Mickey Mouse health and fitness organization I have ever come across. By the way the music is now starting to drive me insane ! Do they not have any other CD’s in their collection!

I saw the freak who owns that chain on Thai TV yesterday with his HISO chic ? Ummmm enough said on that one.

That's just the problem you ran into. You DO seem to want to talk your lady up, and it comes across as ego-stroking. Why all the personal info about her and the pic, it's irrelevant.

Your point about the gym seems to be validated by other posters, but your sprouting off about the gf makes YOU look like a tosser.

it keeps the discussion going doesn't it? I think the thread would have died by now otherwise :o .

Just a thought...

would a farang manger of a fitness centre be permitted to carry out high pressure selling to the general public, as part of his work permit duties? :o

Or would his work permit just allow him to manage the place - and possibly train local staff? :D

Just a thought....

Just a thought...

would a farang manger of a fitness centre be permitted to carry out high pressure selling to the general public, as part of his work permit duties? :o

Or would his work permit just allow him to manage the place - and possibly train local staff? :D

Just a thought....

Hes Running the place like something out of the movie "wall Street " 1980s ... hes proberly bought the work permit anyway !

Hmmm funny. It is not just the California in Pattaya the one on Ratchadapisek in Bangkok has a Yank <deleted> as well (I have many American friends btw who are totally different so I do not hold a grudge against Americans!). Within 2 days of signing up early last year I had received 14 phone calls with offers of affiliate companies (Hotels and god knows what else). Since I already was put off by the sales tactics (I signed up because I just wanted to start working out) this made me decide not to pay anymore.

Yesterday (Christmas day) they called me about me not paying and made me a nice offer actually, which will see me paying a lot less. They asked why I never went there. So I explained the girl on the phone why. So they made me an offer which was nice. And she mentioned me they had a no-call list which she would put me on. Like I said to her I just want to exercise myself and not be bothered by personal trainers and other shit. So she said that if I would finally start they would make sure I would not be bothered.

So I am giving them a second chance and will see how it goes. I am just not giving them my bank or creditcard details and pay in cash!

Waerth

Firstly what a jerk that Manager guy is ! He looks a mess for a start ! He is training the Thai staff to be just as obnoxious and irritating as him what a looser.

I am member now and have been since it started , I have a few friends of the Bangkok gyms and they all said it was a good professional gym to work out ! Its defiantly looks like it has all the best equipment.

However after joining you realize how Mickey Mouse the whole set up is…. The trainers are trained to target every ones weaknesses ! The comments ive heard them say to the members including myself are not meant to be used to motivate people ! They prey on the people who are trying to do something about their bodies.

The personal training is very unprofessional and is mainly based on how many sessions you will sign up for. Having taken out a tester small amount of sessions just to see how they are , towards the end of my sessions there’s a huge urgency to make me commit to more sessions! In fact it has now started to dominate my session time to the point I no longer want to workout there.

In short the most unprofessional , Mickey Mouse health and fitness organization I have ever come across. By the way the music is now starting to drive me insane ! Do they not have any other CD’s in their collection!

I saw the freak who owns that chain on Thai TV yesterday with his HISO chic ? Ummmm enough said on that one.

Don't you guys have the balls to just tell them to leave you alone when you workout? What's difficult about that? Just be assertive and to the point.

Try something like this: "Please don't talk to me when I'm working out, I find it distracting".

If that fails, then raise your voice and say: "Don't talk to me when I'm working out!!".

If that doesn't work try: "Fck off, don't talk to me when I'm working out!!!".

If that still doesn't work, grab him by the neck and shake him a little and warn him that if he doesn't leave you alone you're going to.....

Edited by tropo

The personal training is very unprofessional and is mainly based on how many sessions you will sign up for. Having taken out a tester small amount of sessions just to see how they are , towards the end of my sessions there's a huge urgency to make me commit to more sessions! In fact it has now started to dominate my session time to the point I no longer want to workout there.

In short the most unprofessional , Mickey Mouse health and fitness organization I have ever come across. By the way the music is now starting to drive me insane ! Do they not have any other CD's in their collection!

Don't you guys have the balls to just tell them to leave you alone when you workout? What's difficult about that? Just be assertive and to the point.

Try something like this: "Please don't talk to me when I'm working out, I find it distracting".

If that fails, then raise your voice and say: "Don't talk to me when I'm working out!!".

If that doesn't work try: "Fck off, don't talk to me when I'm working out!!!".

If that still doesn't work, grab him by the neck and shake him a little and warn him that if he doesn't leave you alone you're going to.....

Who said anything about not being able to assert myself ??? i have already had a run in with him & the personal training manager ! they now leave me alone - my comment was aimed at anyone considering a big mistake of joining that club ! not cause i dont have the balls to tell some one to piss off ! :o

Who said anything about not being able to assert myself ??? i have already had a run in with him & the personal training manager ! they now leave me alone - my comment was aimed at anyone considering a big mistake of joining that club ! not cause i dont have the balls to tell some one to piss off ! :o

I'm glad to hear it.

I don't like talking when I workout, so can imagine if I was in your position that guy would really Pss me off.

So your father working as a gardner classifies you as Hi-So?

A tale about a gardener:-

In the late thirties (last century) the Saudi King - then Abdul Aziz - was discussing a new building that he required. The price offered was extortionate.

He turned to the various contractors, who were in the palace grounds with him, and said "My gardener could build this as well as you and much cheaper" and he turned to the gardener and offered him the job.

The gardener took the job, did it well (with the right labour and equipment) and started in the contracting business.

Because Abdul Aziz was pleased with what the man had done with the first building, he - and all the royal family - gave many other contracts to this man.

He became the largest of the Saudi-inspired general contractors.

His name was Bin Ladin - his grandson lives on the Pakistan/Afghan border - called Osama.

Hi-So is probably an over-used word here.

As for the slimy Yank................that part rings true. I walked in and left 5 minutes after talking to that tos**r.

:D

Seeing as i am on this topic ? I agree, what HI-SO female would be seen with a farang, apart from the goodlooking , rich and powerfull ones , in a Pattaya Gym discussing membership with the front of house staff ??? like a normal looser ??

1) She would have contacts who would arrange it for free membership .... yes free

2) it would be aurthorised from BKK and then fed down to the no bodys in Pattaya.

What has HI-So got to do with this story ... ? ive lost the plot ?

I have contacts in HI-SO places , all i need is her family name and this would clear things up ..

:o

A HiSo working in Big C at less than 200 baht/day????? Can't imagine her working at Big C. There aren't many other things that she could do and loose more face, if she were Thai HiSo.

I saw the pic and think that she might not get a second look from most guys, if she walked down Soi 6.

Are u sure that it is na ling? Is that what she calls you? Or maybe it was dahling with a HiSo accent.