Frenchman Convicted Of Killing His Girlfriend

Payboy

• 2 weeks later...
Seems way too harsh to me. It was a crime of passion - not murder. He wouldn't have got anywhere near that long in the West.

I shouldn't be surprised at comments such as this. If you claim to speak definately as "It was a crime of passion - not murder", try to do some research before you comment. The weapon was a 8+ inch knife that you'd get from an army surplus store, placed in the bedroom, hardly a random weapon.

Also, what does the Western criminal system have anything to do with Thailand. Actually, i'm surprised he got anything at all given the "system" here.

Perhaps the subtext is that he is a young white man and his life is much more valuable than these dam_n natives. He only killed a small brown girl, let's face it. Plenty more of those around. Perhaps jetset would like to recommend a formula for this kind of thing. White guy kills brown girl . . let them off with a warning. Brown guy kills white woman? Burning at the stake, perhaps?

Seems way too harsh to me. It was a crime of passion - not murder. He wouldn't have got anywhere near that long in the West.

I don't know where you're from but in the U.S. there's a good possibility he would have gotten life without parole for stabbing his girlfriend to death with a knife. I'm surprised he only got 25 years. Drug traffickers get more here.

Crime of passion?

Passion as in a relationship? Or someone very passionate about football?

Killing your girfriend will then give you a shorter sentence then killing someone in a fight outside a football stadium?

Arthur Bordoni was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing his girlfriend to death in a Bangkok apartment in 2006.

Good to hear that justice was served here. Heard that a couple of his relatives had flown out and were trying to bail him out not long after he was arrested.

How did you hear about this? Any news report?

Murder is murder, regardless of the circumstances that surround it.

A couple of us knew the victim personally trust me you wouldn't feel the same way if it was someone that you knew covered in blood in Thai Rath.

It does when one looks at the case of the sergeant who slain the British pair. Is he back on the beat btw? :o

I shouldn't be surprised at comments such as this. If you claim to speak definately as "It was a crime of passion - not murder", try to do some research before you comment. The weapon was a 8+ inch knife that you'd get from an army surplus store, placed in the bedroom, hardly a random weapon.

Also, what does the Western criminal system have anything to do with Thailand. Actually, i'm surprised he got anything at all given the "system" here.

I don't "claim to speak definitely" about anything, but it certainly reads like a crime of passion to me. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=972518

But I guess not many on this forum want to admit that. Much easier to assume that he laid in wait for her, sober as a judge, and went for the jugular as soon as she entered the house.

Much more easy to understand than he was drunk, got into an argument, tempers flared and in a moment of madness he stabbed her to death.

Yes, let's go for the cold-blooded murder version. Much more believable.

Perhaps the subtext is that he is a young white man and his life is much more valuable than these dam_n natives. He only killed a small brown girl, let's face it. Plenty more of those around. Perhaps jetset would like to recommend a formula for this kind of thing. White guy kills brown girl . . let them off with a warning. Brown guy kills white woman? Burning at the stake, perhaps?

Oh dear. Bendix playing the race card? Need to get your post count up? How low can you stoop? I'm sure my small brown g/f would like to say a few things to you.

Murder is murder, regardless of the circumstances that surround it.

A couple of us knew the victim personally trust me you wouldn't feel the same way if it was someone that you knew covered in blood in Thai Rath.

Murder is murder - for sure. And what is "manslaughter"? Ever heard of "mitigating circumstances"?

And if Thai Rath hadn't printed any pictures, so you didn't see the blood... what would you have thought was a suitable sentence then?

Murder is murder - for sure. And what is "manslaughter"? Ever heard of "mitigating circumstances"?

I don't see what mitigating circumstances you can see from reading the paper and what has been written here. It's not as if he shot and killed a robber or killed someone to save the life of another- he stabbed his girlfriend to death. As far as passion is concerned, so what- a person who commits murder shouldn't be rewarded with a lesser sentence just because he flew into a rage.

He might get a pardon before his 25 years is up (assuming he lives that long)

Jet Set, Bendix was being sarcastic, it's dark Brit humour. :o

Well, I hope so, but I must admit 'sarcasm' or 'dark Brit humour' never entered my head - and I'm a Brit. And neither did 'race' enter my head either - that's what offended me more than anything else.

Printed pictures or not. I saw the knife at the court house. It was no kitchen butter knife. He knew what he was planning. He tried playing the passion card, also had his father claim he was mentally instable, but the fact is that he is a physically abusive, emotion child that hopefully will realize what he's done during his sentence. I hope the memory of her doesn't haunt him.

Yes but, Eeze, you must realise that lots of people have large knives in their houses - I do. I have a real whopper that I use to cut coconuts off the trees and then use it to remove the husk before finally cracking them open. It is big - but it is simply a kitchen tool.

I don't plan to use it to kill anyone.

The only "facts" that I am going by are those reported in the linked thread - the newspaper reports that he and his g/f got into an argument over her alleged affair with another man, that he was allegedly drunk, and that he stabbed her to death. But those bare facts indicate to me that it was a crime of passion, not a cold blooded premeditated murder.

I've just read the original thread and the subject of "crime of passion" versus "premeditated murder" was discussed a lot - I didn't realise that and I don't really want to go into it again now.

Obviously, since you knew the lady, you are feeling hurt but there are two sides to every story. I didn't realise she was only 21, but that should not make any difference - it was a very very sad case.

But I still believe that in the west he would not have got such a harsh sentence - maybe 10 to 15 years, with psychiatric reports. I don't think anyone gets 25 years for anything in the west any more, unfortunately. I'm sure others will readily correct me if I'm wrong.

RIP Rosarin.

From the very limited information in the quoted TV post it doesn't seem like murder. Murder is premeditated whilst this seems to be an argument which boiled over due to consumption of alcohol. The perpetrator did not run away nor it appears did he attempt to hide what he had done. Murderers usually try to get away with it.

As to what is the right punishment then that is hard. As I favour execution for drug offences, rape, kiddie fiddling and some murder as well as other stuff by people who should just be put down, then certainly he deserves some time in jail. It is not as if he comes home one day and finds his wife in bed with another man and kills either one or both of them in a fit of passionate rage is it ? - that is a true 100% crime of passion.

So a few years in the nick and then parole is possibly right. What we don't have is the transcript of what transpired that day and that is crucial. How do we know that she did not attack him, and then used the knife on her in self defense, thus meaning he should be acquitted ?

Just not enough detail to make a sound judgement.

I don't know where you're from but in the U.S. there's a good possibility he would have gotten life without parole for stabbing his girlfriend to death with a knife. I'm surprised he only got 25 years. Drug traffickers get more here.

Bindex hit the nail on the head.

Had a good friend of mine killed by her boyfriend. He opted for a shotgun, one shot to the chest 2 feet away. He got life without parole. Crime occured in Arkansas, USA.

If you were the victim's parenst, sibling or friend, I promise you 25 years would be an insult!

Edited by Dakhar

Arthur Bordoni was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing his girlfriend to death in a Bangkok apartment in 2006.

Don't know details of the case but seems like a reasonable verdict to me...25 years for killing another human being. Don't know if Thailand has one of those prisoner exchange agreements where foreign nationals convicted of crimes in Thailand can serve their sentences in their home countries. That would be the only consolation to this fellow

Printed pictures or not. I saw the knife at the court house. It was no kitchen butter knife. He knew what he was planning. He tried playing the passion card, also had his father claim he was mentally instable, but the fact is that he is a physically abusive, emotion child that hopefully will realize what he's done during his sentence. I hope the memory of her doesn't haunt him.

"I hope the memory of her doesn't haunt him."

If her memory doesn't I bet her ghost will! I wonder which type of ghost she'll come back as. I got my money on the Pee Gra-Sue.... (theory is that with a big knife like this is more suited to a floating head!)