Lawyer Wanted

selavy59

Need a lawyer. My girlfriend wants me to have sole custody of our child (I'm named on the birth certificate and will be sorting out a British birth certificate for him and a passport).

She wants me to take him to the UK. I want this done all above board and therefore require the services of a lawyer. Anyone know of a good one in Pattaya?

Sorry not familiar with lawyers here. If she is pushing for this it should be straight forward. In an ideal world the paperwork would be lodged at the same ampour as the birth is registered.

When you do sort it out, make sure you have a copy and a translation of all the paperwork, it will make life a lot easier in the future Get the girlfriend to sign the English version too.

Good luck.

Edit spelling

Edited by Chang_paarp

I was looking for a lawyer in regard to a land deal a little while ago and I received several recommendations for:

Kuhn Kamnod at:

http://www.thailegal.co.th

They have substantial offices on the ground floor of Pattaya Bazaar, which is on the corner of Pattaya Nua and 2nd Road.

I received free advice from them, and was very impressed.

I have no idea if they do matrimonial cases, but you could call and enquire.

I was looking for a lawyer in regard to a land deal a little while ago and I received several recommendations for:

Kuhn Kamnod at:

http://www.thailegal.co.th

They have substantial offices on the ground floor of Pattaya Bazaar, which is on the corner of Pattaya Nua and 2nd Road.

I received free advice from them, and was very impressed.

I have no idea if they do matrimonial cases, but you could call and enquire.

Join with Mobi on this - as he is closely friendly with Paul King of Easy Visa, I would suggest he would be knowledgeable on the visa side as well.

I was under the impression that one could be a guardian of Thai-born children, but not have sole responsibility? Maybe I'm wrong on this, I've not had personal experience.

You could also try Khun Katrina of Thai Int Law Consultants, she is married to a UK citizen and they have offices in Soi Day & Night opposite the hotel, she is also a member of a large Thai consortium with access to lawyers all over Thailand and all specialities. Speaks excellent english and is extremely professional. Tel: 038 421 725 or you can e mail your enquiry to [email protected]

Need a lawyer. My girlfriend wants me to have sole custody of our child (I'm named on the birth certificate and will be sorting out a British birth certificate for him and a passport).

She wants me to take him to the UK. I want this done all above board and therefore require the services of a lawyer. Anyone know of a good one in Pattaya?

i went thru the same kind of thing about 3 yrs ago i sorted an agreement paper at the local amphur here then all the relevant docs via uk embassy in bkk ( lawyers fee 3000bt) i still live here (Thailand ) but my ex now lives in sunny Sheffeild . good luck mate the best thing ever happened to me is /was keeping my son - hard work but the pay back in priceless DO IT.