Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Clothing Production/buying-work Permit?

I have been in Thailand for much of the last year producing garments, as well as buying textiles/handicrafts/ect.., and exporting them to Europe. I have all the receipts of money spent and receipts from shippers. Not sure of the total spent but upwards of 25000 euro. I have done this all using the 30 stamp at the border and renewing for a total of 180 days in one year. I want to know if it is possible to get a multiple entry work visa based on my situation. Haven't seen any posts addressing this sit. Personally, I think it should be possible, since I show direct investment in Thai companies. But I also realize that what I personally think matters little.

Any information available?

Thank you, Peter

PS I am also concerned that having "worked" while in Thailand on a tourist stamp I may by opening myself up to some problems when showing immigration my situation (on applying for work visa) and alerting them to this breach of rules...

I think you are correct in wanting to tread carefully here. I think using any of your receipts from the last year will raise a few red flags.

To the best of my knowledge..........producing garments is a restricted occupation.

You would probably have to go the company route I would have thought. I think it would be best to seek legal advice from a law firm such as Sunbelt Asia.