Non Imm O Visa Extension

Hi,

I'm currently in Thailand, mostly residing in Mahasarakham with occasional trips to BKK. I'm on a Non Imm O visa type (entered on 4th Nov 07 must exit 1st Feb 08), got the visa to care my daughter who's thai national. I'm living in Mahasarakham with my Thai partner (no married). I'm EU national.

I'd like to extend my stay, ideally for another 90 days extension (if not a further 30 days will suffice); I need to understand if:

1. Can I extend my visa?

1b. If so what type of visa: another Non Imm O or a standard Tourist 30 days visa?

2. Can I do it at an immigration office (rather than exiting & re-entering the country)?

2b. If I can, do I need to apply at BKK the head office or can I do it at a regional office (Nong Khai a preferred location)?

Thanks for any feedback

I already have an outbound flight ticket on 1st Feb but I can postponed it to a later date, so that's not a problem. If I can't get another Non Imm O visa extension then I'll drive my car all the way to Vientiane (crossing the Thai-Lao friendship bridge) and come back the same day, having priorly re-scheduled my return flight ticket.

First of all I would go to the local immigration office first .

You having a Thai child , which you have to prove you

are the father ( birth certificate ) , guess they can

extend or change your current visa status for you

just simply caring for your child .( dependent )

Of course there are some things to prove , thought 500k

in a bank account , and prove of your child attending school .

I remember that the rules existing now are 6 months at the time

of every extension based on child dependant on father .

I am sure some more knowledgeable members on this forum can tell

you more about this , if not possible and if you not staying too long

a border cross or tourist visa will do .

I intend to visit the BKK Immigration Office tomorrow to enquire whether I can apply for an extension. I do have all docs needed to support the application (birth certificate, daughter's residence certificate etc...), she's just one year old. I intend to stay another 30 days or so, exiting the country beginning of March. If required the 500K stat from my Kasikorn bank ain't a problem.

thanks for the info so far

Think you have a fair good chance to get an extension ,

when sure you can have it do not forget to make the

confirm paper( how ya call it ) of your Thai bank for having that money .

Not sure if , when you are able to get the dependant for example , you

can get a repermit when you are flying home , so you can use the same

visa extension for your next visit ( which you have to extend every 6 months), maybe to complicated .

Anyway the next time you come around make sure you have the multiple non O ,

so you have 5 times 3 months , so even flying back home and visiting again

in the time frame not needing a new visa , just make sure you get that one ,

having a child to visit won't be a problem .

...I'm on a Non Imm O visa type (entered on 4th Nov 07 must exit 1st Feb 08), got the visa to care my daughter who's thai national...

When you’re at the immigration office tomorrow, ask if you can get a 60-day extension based on paragraph 7.23 of Royal Thai Police Order 606/2549. Bring along the documents mentioned there.

--

Maestro

Hi,

I'm currently in Thailand, mostly residing in Mahasarakham with occasional trips to BKK. I'm on a Non Imm O visa type (entered on 4th Nov 07 must exit 1st Feb 08), got the visa to care my daughter who's thai national. I'm living in Mahasarakham with my Thai partner (no married). I'm EU national.

I'd like to extend my stay, ideally for another 90 days extension (if not a further 30 days will suffice); I need to understand if:

1. Can I extend my visa?

1b. If so what type of visa: another Non Imm O or a standard Tourist 30 days visa?

2. Can I do it at an immigration office (rather than exiting & re-entering the country)?

2b. If I can, do I need to apply at BKK the head office or can I do it at a regional office (Nong Khai a preferred location)?

Thanks for any feedback

I went to Nong Khai and paid 1900 Baht to extend my Non Imm O for another 30 days,30 days later went across border for another 30 days, did this twice for a total of 180 days, then returned to the states.

last Friday, I went to the immigration office in Sathorn Road, BKK to enquire whether I was eligible for an extension; took with me all relevant docs (I keep copies of everything), really I wasn't even intending applying, just finding information. I come out a few hours later (it took ages to sit with an immigration officer due to the number of people there) with a 2 months extension (not from the day of application as I feared but rather from day of visa expire) permit. The IO (immigration officer) and my gf filled the application form while I went outside to take passport sized photos to attach to the form. It was easy and quick, no question asked once I had shown the passport and supporting documents. Total damage 1,900 baht.

Happy to hear all went well Sarge. As long as the current rules don’t change you can repeat this procedure whenever you have the opportunity to visit Thailand for a period longer than 90 days and up to 150 days.

Enjoy your time with your girlfriend and your child. Happy New Year!

--

Maestro

I have not seen any report of a second such 60 day extension of stay. It would appear to my reading to be a one off and once issued never available again as it seems to be designed as a stopgap for those getting paperwork in order. Will be interesting to find out if anyone is successful in a second application.

The permission shall be

granted only one time with

the granted period not

exceeding 60 days.

I may have got it wrong but I always understood it as “only one time” for each visa, meaning that if Sarge comes to Thailand again next year on a single-entry non-O he can then again apply for a 60-day extension. I have a friend who does this every year when flying to Thailand for the purpose of visiting his Thai wife for close to 150 days.

--

Maestro

You may be right but this seemed to be a new provision of the order 606 and had the one time only restriction noted which no other extension has. As people seemed to be having a hard time convincing officers that it even existed earlier this year did not think anyone had used more than once. If indeed it is being allowed for each visa entry, rather than one time per user, it will be good news for those with children and no other alternatives.

When you’re at the immigration office tomorrow, ask if you can get a 60-day extension based on paragraph 7.23 of Royal Thai Police Order 606/2549. Bring along the documents mentioned there.

--

Maestro

I asked the immigration officer if I could get an extension, (I had printed and took with me the document that Maestro linked above, just in case) the IO took my passport, supporting documents and briefly consulted with her supervisor (who in the end countersigned the visa) and other senior colleagues, she came back saying that I was entitled to 60 days, starting from my expire day (1st February 08), meaning now that the new expire day is 1st April 08. The visa was stamped on my passport and on the adjacent page the stapled a note saying I had to report back on 27th March, few days before departing. I'm assuming this is a one off extension, which goes way over my intended stay. I already re-scheduled my return flight on 5th of March. I was told that I could only have applied with this kind of extension at the BKK H/O and not at regional offices.