Turbo Sim

ndwgolf

When I was home in November I bought a 1.1.2 UK iPhone. I had been waiting for a software unlock, but eventually when I got back here, ordered a Turbosoft from the manufacturers website (http://www.bladox.com/). I had posted on here and made enquiries and couldn't find anyone locally that sells them in Thailand. I just got it about 3 days ago. The phone was already activated and jailbroken to 1.1.2 and then came the fiddly job of pairing all the sims together. I now have it working on DTAC (after installing iWorld to cope with the networks here).

What a dissapointment! The iPhone barely picks up any signal at all. It sits permanantly at maybe one bar. I know I have good coverage here, my Nokia with the same sim in it is full strength. I am not sure if this is an artifact of having the piggy back sim or if it's an inherent design fault in the phone. Anyone else experience this?

My iphone and I'm pretty sure everyone elses (or you would see a long list of complaints) has excellent reception. You did something different that has caused a problem. I'm assuming you have a 45 week and above model and that when you opened the box your phone was already 1.1.2 preloaded?

Ndwgolf, you already told us you have an earlier model (week 43 right?) but answer this please: when you opened your box, did it already have firmware 1.1.2 or did it come with something like 1.1.1 and you upgraded it to 1.1.2?

Damian

Yes, mine was purchased from the Apple shop on Regents Street in London and wasa week 43, 1.1.2 OTB with the new 4.6 Bootloader. Having read around the problem today, it appears as though some phones have serious reception problems (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5943821)

The only solution being a replacement from Apple. Just my luck, that's not going to happen with me here and I'm sure as hel_l not going to spend 27K THB to get another one. The first one's given me headaches enough.

Edited by Singha Gold

I'll look online for the reception problem. That's too bad if its true, mine works perfectly....

I just found out that week numbers in the serial dont mean the same thing as US phones, so my previous statement about week 45 and up being unlockable but week 44 and down can be unlocked doesnt hold true for UK phones, only US.

Damian

Ndwgolf, you already told us you have an earlier model (week 43 right?) but answer this please: when you opened your box, did it already have firmware 1.1.2 or did it come with something like 1.1.1 and you upgraded it to 1.1.2?

Damian

it came with 1.1.2 OOTB

I have just bought a Stealth Sim from a dealer in Bangkok and will let you know how I get on with it when I get off the Rig on the 10th Jan

My wife's iPhone is on DTAC, and her signal strenth is not very good either, will be using AIS and in Phuket AIS is way more superior than DTAC when it comes to EDGE/GPRS

I will let you all know once i get this Stealth SIM up and running

Neil