Why Are You Here?

nidge

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting my (not very) valuable time until the point comes when I shuffle off this mortal coil and lie decomposing in an anonymous room until the stench becomes so bad for the other residents that even they are stirred into action to badger the apartment to remove my corpse.

Well, you asked.

Not being able to socialize much with people with western viewpoints, TV supplies me with those.

The Help, Understanding and Comedy that I find here on TV, I have not found elsewheres.

To the other members- Brainy ones, caring ones, Instigators and trolls - Thanks to all for the input.

Thanks to TV for this informative site. It's the only site I'm a member of.

Have a great 2008

Lodesafun

well...to be voluable, I shall add a reply...(ain't this what TV is all about?)

in an attempt to recover from a journey that has finally got me home (Jeddah - Dubai - London -Dubai - BKK) I find the wife has quarreled with her mother and that she has moved out to live with the BiL's family...'bbbut, darling, yer mom is supposed to give me one of her famous massages???'...the wife glares at me in exasperation...so now tutsi has to walk through the mud to the old family house to apologise to the MiL for the wife's misbehavior. and my back hurts...and the nieces are growing up to become beautiful young women...I don't need this... :o (christ...all it takes is for a young girl to develope curves and put on a pair of black levis...sheesh)

so...ain't this what thaivisa is all about?

Firstly, happy new year to everyone here.

I am wondering why you all spend so much time at ThaiVisa. I see some come only to complain about Thailand in some way or another, then there are the people who support Thailand to the death, then there are those that come for specific information and when they have it they disappear again.

I come because my job is boring as hel_l and it passes my 12 hour shift quite quickly. Oh, and i have some fun and learn things i would not otherwise.

But why are YOU here?

As I don't have many farang friends here, TV gives me other westerner's perspectives. It has certainly made me realise how many negative people that are out there. Some guy makes an innocent post requesting particular info ... only to be shot down by the "know it all" brigade!!! But as Bendix said, it's all light hearted banter and it is interactive.

I thought I could contribute to the lack of "electrical" expertise in Thailand (having lived here for 2.5 years). But you know what "thought" thought? He thought he farted but he actually shit himeslf. Thankyou to all the argumentative "smart bastards". I can now have have a permanent "advice" holiday from this forum. Now, I'll just relax & make inane comments on non electrical topics...maybe.