Why Are You Here?

nidge

. . . the UK . . . sense of humour. Sarcastic, brutal, pathetically childish but, to me, very funny. I can get it on here on an almost daily basis. Nearly always the same guys too. You know who you are and i thank you.

Actually one of the biggest negatives about TV that prevents much meaningful dialogue and exchange of information.

TV is an international forum. Surely there must be UK forums that will fulfill this particular need for you and "the same guys?"

I am sure there are, just as surely as there are other Thai forums that you could visit if you have a "sense of humour failure". No one forces you to read all responses and there is the option to ignore certain posters if you wish!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . the UK . . . sense of humour. Sarcastic, brutal, pathetically childish but, to me, very funny. I can get it on here on an almost daily basis. Nearly always the same guys too. You know who you are and i thank you.

Actually one of the biggest negatives about TV that prevents much meaningful dialogue and exchange of information.

TV is an international forum. Surely there must be UK forums that will fulfill this particular need for you and "the same guys?"

How can that be a negative? You use the word "international", so you have to accept that there are going to be a few differences between humour, opininons, perceptions, experiences etc.. In the end most of us have one thing or two things in common, we live/work here or love the country.

If you don't like the sense of humour from certain posters, I suggest that you use the ignore option, which nidge has suggested. There is plenty of meaningful dialogue and information here, along with some lighthearted banter.

I use the forum, for the information and the lighthearted banter that can be had with a number of the posters here. Long may it contiinue, without the "Victors" taking over.

• 2 weeks later...

Great question nidge, and one I would never have thought to pose, in spite of being superior in oh so many ways.

stalin - sorry Bendix - only banter? I learn heaps, which always surprises me. I thought I knew it.....oh never mind. By the way, did you know that Stalin's doctor waited for 13 hours after S's stroke before alerting the appropriate people. S was obviously a much revered 'man'. (Yes yes I know about the irony).

Dupont, am in fierce agreement with your PC jibe, and the later comment re 'credulity' ... and being 'funny'.

I am personally unmoved by the imperative to do so, but I understand that the likes of you and I need to learn from those 'who know'. They do in actual fact 'know', you know. I'm still trying to figure out why I don't want to know what they know. A blind spot methinks.

Meanwhile, I'm up for a laugh, meself.

I'm here for the purposes of research.

And I'm a Guinea Pig :o

My research has finally paid off, I now understand there is at least one Guinea Pig in Thailand. Question is, could there possibly be more?

YES SIR! me SIR!

To learn and to be educated.

And for some entertainment (lots of good reading) as well.

It's the other way round for me.

To teach and to educate the needed.

At least you didnt stretch credulity and include to be funny.

no need to worry! the latest developed antibiotics will cure credulity. for professional advice consult your family physician or your chemist.

I'm retired and have a lot of time. I read some interesting posts, learn some things and find major amusement by reading self proclaimed EXPERT posts. Sometimes it does me good to feel superior.

To learn and to be educated.

And for some entertainment (lots of good reading) as well.

It's the other way round for me.

To teach and to educate the needed.

At least you didnt stretch credulity and include to be funny.

:o:D:D

Firstly, happy new year to everyone here.

I am wondering why you all spend so much time at ThaiVisa. I see some come only to complain about Thailand in some way or another, then there are the people who support Thailand to the death, then there are those that come for specific information and when they have it they disappear again.

I come because my job is boring as hel_l and it passes my 12 hour shift quite quickly. Oh, and i have some fun and learn things i would not otherwise.

But why are YOU here?

Now ill be honest here and i bet im not alone ! ,. i am on a lot for 2 reasons, one i have time between dealing with customers on line, but mainly i can have a comprehendable ( i hope thats right ) conversation with english speakers, my wife is a lovely woman and i wouldnt change her for the world but , world politics/solving murders and bar room talk arent her strong points, i hope she dosent read this ! :o

I have an addictive personality.

True.

But it is recognised by Psychiatrists and can be treated

Psychiatrists in Thailand? That's funny!

Not really... there are 60M amateurs... who see through this.

I show these posts to my wife (hey she is female) and she laughes at what turns up in Thailand. :o

I feel a duty to spread as much joy and happiness as possible to fellow Farangs in Thailand. :D

I initially started to Post as I had many questions about farming, Isarn and Visas. I have since given up reading Bkk Post on line as I find the news and opinions here very interesting.

I used to find the posters who turn a subject matter into a slagging match irritating but now I just ignore them.

Most irritating thing, is when I submit my weighty, well thought out advice on asubject and nobody comments on it :D

Ego get's a bit hurt :o .

Don't you guys realise I am an enlightened one :D .

Firstly, happy new year to everyone here.

I am wondering why you all spend so much time at ThaiVisa. I see some come only to complain about Thailand in some way or another, then there are the people who support Thailand to the death, then there are those that come for specific information and when they have it they disappear again.

I come because my job is boring as hel_l and it passes my 12 hour shift quite quickly. Oh, and i have some fun and learn things i would not otherwise.

But why are YOU here? None of your business! :o

(cough...hack...slutter....) 'reason to be here?'...I ain't got to show yew no stinkin' reason! tutsi is now in brighton exchangin' words of wisdom wid his son...drinkin' fer the first time after 4 months of quiet contemplation in the saudi desert....Suphanburi is the 'via en rumbo...' where the wife says that the tutsimobile is broken down an' she gots to get other wheels to meet me at the airport two days from now...that pisses me off... :o

tutsi's manner and appearance have already inflamed polite company an' brighton ain't a polite sorta place...so look out when I gets back to de ranch wid de vodka an' de laptop...insults an' verbal preversions have more integrity when uttered from home ground...

(cough...vomit...'Louie!...where can we get breakfast aroun' here?...)

I show these posts to my wife (hey she is female) and she laughes at what turns up in Thailand. :o

your wife is female? what a coincidence! mine is female too :D

Nice one, Naam. :D

I forgot to mention, having tried a few other 'Thai' forums.

This seems to be the only one that accommodates all points of view, however nutty, lucid or bizarre.

The others revolve mostly around a tight group of expats and long stays who booze together in expat bars in Patters or Phuket and generally ignore most newbie input after the initial welcome to the board.