The Vilest Substance On Earth

Great for the body they say in China,several versions around.I get tonnes of it around Chinese New Year,best thrown into a pot of soup if you can't stand it or have it in a cup of hot water.

BTW what's wrong with Marmite?Vegemite is yummy too.

It has very little health benefit and IMO is actually a bit harsh on your kidneys. (nothing scientific, but around the temples I've been involved with, a lot of monks develop kidney problems and the above is one of the most popular things to make merit with)

From a business and marketing standpoint though, it's brilliant. What to give when someone is sick, dying, hospitalized (and everyone has to go to the hospital sooner or later)... it's either flowers, essence of chicken, or bird's nest beverage.

:o

Its an effective hangover remedy.

Yeah, when partying a lot in LOS I always keep that one in the fridge, and also the fruit/berry ones. Wake up in the morning down one of each followed by couple of tylenol and a pint or so of water and you are good to go !

Then the process can start all over again !

:o

are You guys are a bunch of drunken bums, with diseased taste buds.

Did I miss mention of Promite? The iron-stomached Brits eat that apparently, though why I can't imagine...

Marmite is just a runner-up to Vegemite, people. Please get a grip. Next thing I know, and someone will have the nerve to state that something actually exists that tastes better than Vege and butter (cold) on (1) Ryvita, or (2) slightly burnt toast (or slightly browned bread for the girlies). Mind you, P.Butter is damm close.

Mr S - Vege + peanut butter eh? You are imaginative. I never thought of that - first thing tomorrow!

Man there are many other vile things we humans put into our bodies and call it nourishment.

I personally don't like boiled okra, not breaded and deep fried its edible, but boiled.

Things I've tried and won't do again are really numerous, but we've all tasted things in our travels that we really don't wanna visit our on taste buds again.

I myself find fresh durian not to my liking, volute (chick or ducking in the egg) some assorted insects, reproductive organs of poultry or sea life ( I don't eat mammals ) etc

My wife eats things I rather not know what it is, but the smell is found most objectionable to my olfactory glands. :o

Man there are many other vile things we humans put into our bodies and call it nourishment.

I personally don't like boiled okra, not breaded and deep fried its edible, but boiled.

Things I've tried and won't do again are really numerous, but we've all tasted things in our travels that we really don't wanna visit our on taste buds again.

I myself find fresh durian not to my liking, volute (chick or ducking in the egg) some assorted insects, reproductive organs of poultry or sea life ( I don't eat mammals ) etc

My wife eats things I rather not know what it is, but the smell is found most objectionable to my olfactory glands. :D

Balut in the Philippines. I never ate it there but have here in VN and agree it's not something I'd rush out to get some in. It does have it's uses though, our construction manager can't stand the sight of anyone eating it so if we want rid of him we know how. :D

I've eaten assorted insects and, yes, nutricious as they may be give me real food.

As for the Brands chicken stuff I wouldn't describe it a vile it is not a great taste but, as mentioned, is good for hangovers, not that I ever get any of those :o .

well never tried that crap shown here but the vilest edible substance on earth is def vegemite closely followed by "billy tea and lamington". I shudder to think that whole generations have been weaned on that sub-human tucker :o

well never tried that crap shown here but the vilest edible substance on earth is def vegemite closely followed by "billy tea and lamington". I shudder to think that whole generations have been weaned on that sub-human tucker :D
You Forgot that epitomy of Australian Cuisine the meat pie :D the only ingredient it does not have is meat :D tastes nearly as exquisite as Deutsche Pfoten und Schnooten, Swiss Kutteln und Zweibel, or good old fashioned tripe and trotters :o how can som tam palah be mentioned in the same breath as the afore mentioned garbage :D Nignoy