Options For Donating Clothes/shoes

Bellatrix

I've been thinking the same thing, you might want to try a local church.

My bf tells me that if we put them in the recyle clothing bins, people will come to collect it.

I'm sure that Father Joe and his Klong Toey slum foundation/charity (Google 'Father Joe) can make great use of all donations. Failing that (and assuming that you are disposing of ladies clothing. There is the Aids Foundation and/or even the womens prison on Changwattana Road.

Thanks so much for the generous thought of donating too

AjarnP :o

My bf tells me that if we put them in the recyle clothing bins, people will come to collect it.

I'm sure that Father Joe and his Klong Toey slum foundation/charity (Google 'Father Joe) can make great use of all donations. Failing that (and assuming that you are disposing of ladies clothing. There is the Aids Foundation and/or even the womens prison on Changwattana Road.

I am also currently researching to donate mainly clothes/shoes as I will be leaving in 12 weeks. Some contacts I found in the Bangkok Guide (17th edition) collect for fund raising events. Although not all associations in your area, they may still pick up from your home address if you contact them first. Most if not all seem to have websites.

BAMBI - 02319 9530

Australian NZ Womens Group 02344 6469

British Womens Group 02305 8333

Club Canada 02636 0540 ext 3340

International Support Group Foundation 02651 2055

Samutprakarn Interntional Ladies Club 02740 3031

Kevorkian Foundation 0 2258 5252 Contact Linda Director (Klong Toey)

Night Light Bangkok - 05074 8101

Sister Joan Evans - 02671 4751

There are many more listed but the ones above specifically mention clothing and secondhand items in reasonable condition. In my apartment building the cleaning staff and the maids I have observed going through all the garbage thrown out by the residents. So if you run out of time I would just leave in separate bags, they are sure to be of use to someone! good luck.

I'm leaving in less than a month and have loads of womens clothes and shoes in good condition that I'd like to donate. I live in Klongtoey, what are my options?

Oh please, oh please! If you're willing to go the animal route, we (SCAD - Soi cats and dogs, formerly Soi dog rescue) will take any and everything you don't want. We sell it at our second hand shop to fund the work with the strays on the street and the education/neutering/spaying programme. You can email me direct at [email protected] if you have ANYTHING we can have. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

I'm leaving in less than a month and have loads of womens clothes and shoes in good condition that I'd like to donate. I live in Klongtoey, what are my options?

Oh please, oh please! If you're willing to go the animal route, we (SCAD - Soi cats and dogs, formerly Soi dog rescue) will take any and everything you don't want. We sell it at our second hand shop to fund the work with the strays on the street and the education/neutering/spaying programme. You can email me direct at [email protected] if you have ANYTHING we can have. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Check your email :o

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to say (yeah hate me for that), but seems Father Joe's organisation suxxx big time.....

they didnt even bother to reply my two emails when I wanted to offer them a lot of GOOD clothes and shoes (most of it was even UNUSED)

so maybe they are only interested in CASH.....