Financial Requirements For Retirement

My wife and I are about to apply for renewals of our two retirement visas. Last time we presented proof of having had 800,000 Bt on our joint bank account during the previous 3 months, but now there seems to be conflicting messages about the need for 2 x 800,000 Bt. Could some one give us guidance, may be even with a reference to the relevant paragraph in the legislation?

My wife and I are about to apply for renewals of our two retirement visas. Last time we presented proof of having had 800,000 Bt on our joint bank account during the previous 3 months, but now there seems to be conflicting messages about the need for 2 x 800,000 Bt. Could some one give us guidance, may be even with a reference to the relevant paragraph in the legislation?

The requirements have not changed.

You get the retirement extension and your wife gets her extension as your dependant.

Only 0NE 800,000 needed.

Same as last year.

If you both apply for "retirement" extensions of stay than yes, you would both have to meet the financial requirements. What you probably did last year, and should do again, is have one qualify and the other extend as there dependent (wife/husband). So be sure to take your marriage document. In that case only one is required.

There was a short period last September when this was not being allowed (as it is questionable under basic immigration laws) but within about a week it was accepted again and is currently accepted.