A Job Offer In Canada... Seems Dodgy... Need Help Please

• 2 months later...

I am unsure how it works in Canada, buy recruitment agency in the UK has to be registered with an OSIC accreditaion these days. Furthermore, as I used to work in overseas healthcare recruitment, I can assure you that there is no way that any wothwhile employer would recruit from overseas, without having input into the recruitment procedure. You would certainly be expected to have an interview with a representative of either the agency or the home. You should also have been provided with appropriate contact details of your employer. Any organisation that uses free web mail is pretty suss in my books. The Nursing home, should also be registered with the local authority in it's country, and there should be an avaialble list. Furthermore, what is your professional bvackground, are you a registered nurse? I'd find it unlikely that if you aren't that you would meet immigration requirements for work purposes if you aren't.

Feel free to PM if you need any further advice.

id just like to commend you canadian guys for being so helpfull to the op. a great job by all. hope someone gives the scammer what they deserve. and op what a clever little bunny you are, well done to you too. quite made my day

First of all, I would like to apologize if I posted here. I think this is the best place since my issue is about Canada and not Thailand. Mods can move it anytime if it's in the wrong category.

So here it is:

I was offered a job in Canada as a Customer Service Support at a Nursing Home. I submitted my resume and they replied back with an application form and a visa form. I filled out both forms and emailed it back to them. When they received the visa form, they told me to wait for 2-3 days because they have to submit the forms to the Canadian Immigration. Once approved the immigration will inform me and will email or phone me about the requirements and what I need to do. I received the email after 5 days but not from the immigration but from the company itself. They told me to contact an immigration officer who will handle my case. The email address they gave me is under a doramail. So it's like [email protected]. It's not the actual email but to be secure I just set an example. At this point, I felt like there is something wrong with that email. I ignore my intuition and contacted the email. He/She replied. He told me what documents I needed to show at the embassy here. The thing is the email was also in a dodgy style. It's like done by a unprofessional person or something. I don't think any immigration officer who is a professional, will create an email letter such as the one they have sent me. My friend suggested to contact the canadian embassy here. To which I did via email.

I have decided to play along and see what will happen while I wait for the embassy's reply. If I don't hear from the embassy this week. I will mostly likely go there next week. But today, I have recieved an email from the nursing home that they have already booked a ticket for me as this is a requirement at the embassy in order to get a visa. It's a connecting flight, from bkk to beijing then beijing to canada. I doubled check it via the internet and it's there but when you check it via respective airlines, the booking is not there. I don't understand. Should it be like that?

The nursing home didn't asked for money and when I asked them if I need to pay for something or if they are going to charge me, they said no. That they will handle the ticket and the other expenses. All I have to worry about is the visa fee here which I think is okay.

My worries is if this is fake and if they are not after the money, maybe they are after something else. A friend told me a story about a girl who was recruited here by a farang and she didn't pay for anything. But when she arrived at their destination she was sold to be a sex slave. :S. Really scary. I would rather stay here or in my country and be poor than to encounter those kind of things.

Most of my friends keep on telling me that because of the email structure it's most probably fake. I don't know I feel confuse and scared at the same time. Can anybody help me with this? Enlighten me please on what I should do. An advise and help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Yeah, and I have 4 million baht sitting in an account in Amsterdam in payment for some land I am selling, bought unseen and they want some personal information so they can give me it :o .

IT IS N.I.G.E.R.I.A.N :D

First of all, I would like to apologize if I posted here. I think this is the best place since my issue is about Canada and not Thailand. Mods can move it anytime if it's in the wrong category.

So here it is:

I was offered a job in Canada as a Customer Service Support at a Nursing Home. I submitted my resume and they replied back with an application form and a visa form. I filled out both forms and emailed it back to them. When they received the visa form, they told me to wait for 2-3 days because they have to submit the forms to the Canadian Immigration. Once approved the immigration will inform me and will email or phone me about the requirements and what I need to do. I received the email after 5 days but not from the immigration but from the company itself. They told me to contact an immigration officer who will handle my case. The email address they gave me is under a doramail. So it's like [email protected]. It's not the actual email but to be secure I just set an example. At this point, I felt like there is something wrong with that email. I ignore my intuition and contacted the email. He/She replied. He told me what documents I needed to show at the embassy here. The thing is the email was also in a dodgy style. It's like done by a unprofessional person or something. I don't think any immigration officer who is a professional, will create an email letter such as the one they have sent me. My friend suggested to contact the canadian embassy here. To which I did via email.

I have decided to play along and see what will happen while I wait for the embassy's reply. If I don't hear from the embassy this week. I will mostly likely go there next week. But today, I have recieved an email from the nursing home that they have already booked a ticket for me as this is a requirement at the embassy in order to get a visa. It's a connecting flight, from bkk to beijing then beijing to canada. I doubled check it via the internet and it's there but when you check it via respective airlines, the booking is not there. I don't understand. Should it be like that?

The nursing home didn't asked for money and when I asked them if I need to pay for something or if they are going to charge me, they said no. That they will handle the ticket and the other expenses. All I have to worry about is the visa fee here which I think is okay.

My worries is if this is fake and if they are not after the money, maybe they are after something else. A friend told me a story about a girl who was recruited here by a farang and she didn't pay for anything. But when she arrived at their destination she was sold to be a sex slave. :S. Really scary. I would rather stay here or in my country and be poor than to encounter those kind of things.

Most of my friends keep on telling me that because of the email structure it's most probably fake. I don't know I feel confuse and scared at the same time. Can anybody help me with this? Enlighten me please on what I should do. An advise and help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

You can get on gov't of Canada website is www.cic.gc.ca I have dealt with them in the past, slow they are shady they are not

Okay Canadians - it's all well and fine to tell this person and others to check with the Embassy and that canadian government Web addresses end in gov.ca or whatever, but PERHAPS, just perhaps, we should consider that the Canadian Government should take a bit of initiative in an advocacy campaign (or at least an awareness raising campaign) to INFORM AND WARN potential nurses, doctors and other professionals, labourers whatever - about scammers. Maybe they do already -- if so then great - but ADVERTIZE these initiatives (my guess is they do nothing - but of course they do nothing in "les deux langues"). Ce ca.