Value Priced Accomadation With Pool

canuckamuck

I need a bit of info about accommodations in Chiang Mai.

My friends have their elder relatives over, and they want to make a change in their travel plans. They are looking for a 1500 – 2500 baht-per-night range hotel with a pool. I have no idea, I stay with friends when I am there. So I thought I would ask you Chiang Maians what you thought.

I believe they intend to head over there on Monday.

I need a bit of info about accommodations in Chiang Mai.

My friends have their elder relatives over, and they want to make a change in their travel plans. They are looking for a 1500 – 2500 baht-per-night range hotel with a pool. I have no idea, I stay with friends when I am there. So I thought I would ask you Chiang Maians what you thought.

I believe they intend to head over there on Monday.

I've only been here for 12 years, so still stumbling about in the fog trying to find my way. BUT I would say that at the top end of real hotels with a pool and certainly in this price range now is the Top North Hotel, Moon Muang Road. Very close to Thapae Gate.

Second choice (same company) would be the Top North Guest House, soi 2, Moon Muang Rd, smaller pool but clean and good and cheaper.

Third choice would be Lai Thai guest house on the other side of the moat, Kochasarn Rd, but beware the nasty gang of tuk tuk drivers outside it. Almost uniquely bad as tuk tuk operators in Chiang Mai, rip off merchants over whom Lai Thai will never take any responsibility of course, this being Thailand!

Have a happy stay!!

For a more elderly couple you might try the venerable Orchid Hotel, conveniently located next to the Central Shopping mall.

Yes ,..well I didn't know canuk was a Canadian but really nice to find out !!! My post has dissapeared and I was informed by another member that it is because I mentionned my B&B ..... Interesting that every and each htel / resort in Chiang Mai can be mentioned and suggested but not if it is one that belongs to a member ....I see numerous hotels being suggested below ...( Free Advertising for Non Members) ..... but mine was deleted because I OWN IT!!

Very sad and I was not advertising ..I was replying to a request for a good place to stay

Well guess you can mail me if you want to know more ....or mail me as guess I'm also not allowed to put my tel#

From Annabel of the Apache tribe ....( For the guy who sent me that mail asking me which tribe I was from ) :o

If you are recommending the down town Bp city hotel that I stayed at 4 months ago I would pass on that one

In its day it might have been nice but to me it was a mildew dungeon.

Outdated rooms and fixtures

It needs a good remodel .

huh? it has just opened after an extensive remodel?