area. Gib Minimart in Pong is stocking a limited range of our

products, our famous Cumberland, Bratwurst and smoked Frankfurter

sausages as served by some of the best hotels in Thailand, are now

available from Gib Minimart. All the product on our web site can be

ordered through Gib Minimart and the range in stock will expand to

cover more of our products with time.

To celebrate the introduction Gib Minimart is having a sampling

session from 11am on Saturday 26 January, with a special offer to

Thai Visa members of 10% discount for all Eurogourmet products.

Saturday is also Australia Day, so all Australians who are not

members of TV will also get the discount.

As it is out of town a little way the easiest way to get to there, is

turn left into Soi Siam country Club, it is just after the big Index

shop, it has a great big steel arch over the entrance to the soi with

the name Siam Country Club. Follow the road for about 8km by which

time there will have been a couple of illuminated signs for Lake

Mabprachan Resort, there is a left turn at Wat Kao Pothorng to keep

following the lake. Follow this road for 2.5km and you will find Gib

Minimart. If you get to Mulligans you have gone too far, just, they

are next door.

The map below is to give you some idea where to find the place

post-30681-1201012310_thumb.png

post-30681-1201012326_thumb.png

Sorry no lammingtons this year. Need to get to an oven for those, will try for next year. :D

Well the BBQ is hot, the sausages are cooking, the Vegemite is on sandwiches and the fairy bread is out.

Come one come all.

:D

Hmmm .... not being from down under ... what the heck are "Fairy bread" and 'lamingtons" :o ????? I have not heard of neither before even though I've been involved in the food business for a very long time - putting it in here since I can't get you on the phone - am anxious to know

Hmmm .... not being from down under ... what the heck are "Fairy bread" and 'lamingtons" :o ????? I have not heard of neither before even though I've been involved in the food business for a very long time - putting it in here since I can't get you on the phone - am anxious to know

Fairy bread is a compulsory dish at every kids party until about the age of 6. It is buttered white bread with crust removed sprinkled with hundreds and thousands (sugar coated with different colours) and cut into kid sized triangles. Kids of many ages love them, my cashier even ate what her daughter left.

Lamingtons are vanilla sponge cake cut into about 75mm cubes, covered in chocolate icing and rolled in desicated coconut, a sstaple of fund raiser across the wide land of Oz, the deluxe ones have a layer of cream in the middle.

I would have loved to have come today, but the venue is just too far out for me.

Any chance of getting an outlet a bit nearer town any time soon? I see you supply Villa in BKK, can you not come to an arrangement with Villa here?

Give me a PM and I'll get some to you, I am in Pattaya 3 or 4 times a week. I will also try to get some others places to stock them too, if you want you local minimart or deli to stock them, I will visit as the local Eurogourmet rep.

The bacon was very popular with those who tried it, the sausages also proved a hit.

I'll arrange delivery to most parts of central Pattaya for anyone wanting the products. Just use the PM function to let me know your phone number.

I was there today and sampled the sausages and bacon all of which were delicious and we will definitely be going there again soon to buy them.

Hi EM,

thank you for your nice comments. Our aim is simply, we supply top quality sausages and other food products to 5 star Hotels and I make a little more for retail which we place into Villa Sukhumvit 33, the Deli in Phuket and now the Minimart in Pattaya. If the interest remains great, we will be adding more different products in the near future,

thanks again,

John

Hi,

Sounds great. Any chance of an online ordering set up. Maybe packs posted out to pork lovers in the bush?

Hi Janda,

we have a web-site with an on-line shop attached,but it is more intended for wholesale .. well small level wholesale to pubs/restaurants. However, if you can reach the min. orders to make shipping worthwhile, check it out and let me know. A mailorder system for later this year is currently in the works,

with culinary regards

John

Visit My Website

I was actually on my way to Mulligan's for a bite to eat last Saturday, but decided to stop at Gib to see what the free Barbie was all about.

I never made it to Mulligan's as I sated my self on sausages and bacon sarnies - topped up with fried onions and HP Sauce. :o

Delicious :D

And all for the price of two cold, very cheap beers.

Thanks CP :D