I Got A New Job!

bina

just to let everyone know that i have a new job; left the park due to physical difficulties (freezing cold, boiling hot, lifting carrying, running around, plus i was sick of the managerial part of it after 7 years plus three more in the original park)...

found a job, hour and half at least - 2 bus rides away towards the dead sea but with a french vet and an american vet... horrible hours (get home at 22:00 ) so daughter isnt pleased neither is husband but he doesnt work /live at home either....

but a chance in a lifetime since i always wanted to be a vet or vet assistant: i get to help do operations (mostly spay and neuters); and will start doing blood and urine stuff...

plus the easy part of the day: customer service stuff....

what a difference-- well, dogs bite and cats scratch compared to friendly non violent goats, but at least its not in a barn, or in th rain, or having to get up at 1:00 at nite to give meds, or feed baby goats...

i will miss my fave goat, dok mai-- now struggling for her life, underwent a partial 'mastectomy' (udder amputation); if she makes it thru the next three (snow! filled) days, then i can breathe a sigh of relief and look ahead to a new career with a crazy french vet... (he really makes james herriot's boss, siegfreid, look normal... :o) for those that read the book' all creatures great and small...

but a word of warning, i cant ask him anything. he's wierd about that. not allowed to ask. i will be told in good time. soooo....

wish me luck,

bina

israel , now of maale adumim vet clinic....

post-8751-1201551954_thumb.jpg

I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid and then Dad gave me the James Herriot books. The hand up the cow vagina in the freezing cold winter story put me off that quickly :o

Good luck to you Bina, true success is doing a job you love :D