Tourist Visa From Hanoi ?

hi all ,

I am considering going to Hanoi for a Thai Tourist Visa.

Do I need a visa to enter Vietnam ?

Will 2 1/2 days be sufficient to submit & obtain the Tourist Visa ?

thanks for any help !! :o

cheers.

steven100

I did Hanoi in December, dropped off the application form (download from the website) in the morning at 10am, nobody else in there, they only take US Dollars for the application fee (30 if I remember correctly) picked it up the next day at 4pm, no problems all very easy.

I dont know about your abilty to enter Vietnam as I dont know your nationality, however I suspect you do, same story, Embassy is located fairly close to the BTS, about 5 mins walk, drop off in mornng pick up 2 days later in the arvo

Hope it all helps

Yes, you'll probably need a visa to enter Vietnam, which needs to be obtained in advance from their embassy here on Wireless Road (submit in the morning, get it next afternoon)

The Thai embassy in Hanoi is pretty straightforward and will sort you out within the same time schedule (submit before noon, get next afternoon), no queues either, by the looks of it...just get their street address before going there because I for one found it very difficult to get "Thai embassy/embassy Thailand" across to the Vietnamese taxi drivers.