New Thai Driving Licence! Question

lapamita

i have a thaidrivinglicence, but i want to make the new one

if i request what document i need

1. old drivinglicence and passport or i need even the cedrtificte of residence from immigrtion ( cant get now bcs on TR visa)

old drivinglicence still valid for 3 years

2. bcs. my drivinglicence from spain was exp.2 years ago so not valid until i renew ( embassy dont do it,they said i have to do by my self)

3.is the new thaidrivinglicence or old one good for malaysia ????? VERY IMPORTANT QUESTON!!!

thanks

somebody have a scann from new drvinglicence or is it writen only in thai or as well now in english

You will need:

(1) Your passport and signed copies of the "information page", "visa page", "TM6 card", "latest entry stamp"

(2) Two 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm (i.e. small) face photos

(3) Health certificate from doctor

(4) Letter confirming your address, from immigration, amphur office or your embassy. (The first two are free - your embassy will make an outrageous charge.)

(5) The current fee

(6) Your old Thai driving licence.

A thai friend of mine just got the new style thai driver's license a few weeks ago.

Low and behold it actually looks like a 'real' driver's license with a hologram, laminated by them (not from the shop outside) and has english and thai writing. It is certainly not like the old style one which looks like a person bought it on KhaoSan Road.

I have a 90 day ED visa, but just got the extension letter from the Ministry of Education. I went yesterday and got my letter of residence from the US embassy for 1020 baht. Even though my 5 year thai license has 3 years left on it, I’ll go next week to see if I can get the new style.

From my experience you can only get a Thai DL with a Non Imm visa.

They do not accept a Tourist visa stamp.

The old Thai licence is acceptable in Malaysia, though it is

a good idea to have a translation with you.

Moved to Motoring section

Is it necessary to go to your own Amphur to get your first license, or could someone go to an office in BKK or Pattaya, even with an upcountry address? I assume that those locations deal with Farangs more often.

QUESTION AGAIN

do i need a letter of residence ???? for CHANGE ( not make new) to the new drivinglicence

and

can in case i need do i have to go to immigrATION or can i go to local ampur????

and is it possible with a TR visa in passport ??????

From my experience you can only get a Thai DL with a Non Imm visa.

They do not accept a Tourist visa stamp.

Not so!! My brother-in-law, who is here on a 30-day Entry Stamp, obtained a Residence Certificate from Pattaya Immigration and his Thai Driving Licence from the Pattaya Office last week...............and no "tea money" was demanded or paid.