Claivoyant Police In Pattaya

Polarbeast

From Pattaya City News:

Norwegian Man found with 3 Yabba Tablets by Police patrol.

In the early hours of Tuesday Morning, Police Captain Witaya from Pattaya Police Station spotted a foreign man walking in front of the Pinewood Condominiums on Pattaya Second Road who appeared nervous when he spotted the Police. The Captain approached the foreign man; Mr. Jan Even Tretnes aged 44 from Norway and conducted a search of him. Police uncovered 3 Yabba Tablets which led to his immediate arrest. At the Police Station, Mr. Tretnes explained that he purchased the drugs from a Thai Man on Walking Street for his personal use. Mr. Tretnes was charged with possession of a class 1 drug and further investigations are now taking place as Police attempt to locate the seller.

Imagine this! The police conducted a search because he appeared nervous. Do others believe what I believe, that this was a set up. I suppose someone is somehow being paid for this.

From Pattaya City News:

In the early hours of Tuesday Morning, Police Captain Witaya from Pattaya Police Station spotted a foreign man walking in front of the Pinewood Condominiums on Pattaya Second Road who appeared nervous when he spotted the Police. The Captain approached the foreign man; Mr. Jan Even Tretnes aged 44 from Norway and conducted a search of him. Police uncovered 3 Yabba Tablets which led to his immediate arrest. At the Police Station, Mr. Tretnes explained that he purchased the drugs from a Thai Man on Walking Street for his personal use. Mr. Tretnes was charged with possession of a class 1 drug and further investigations are now taking place as Police attempt to locate the seller.

Imagine this! The police conducted a search because he appeared nervous. Do others believe what I believe, that this was a set up. I suppose someone is somehow being paid for this.

Well if he was busted and they were yaba he had result . i have heard of a few people buying off "the street " and all they had were sleeping tablets ! :o but yes there is a funny smell to this, what are the chances really of a random search , ive never had one in 18 years !

From Pattaya City News:

Thailand has no "reasonable cause" laws against unreasonable search and seizure. Once you are caught with the evidence you are expected to plead guilty to halve your sentence.

From Pattaya City News:

Policemen (and Customs Officers) the world over are suspicious of people who appear nervous in their presence. It's part of the job.

If you read the full story in the paper, apparently he was bragging about having drugs on him. Having said that if you upset the wrong people in Pattaya, then someone will be paying the BiB to fit you up, rather than the other way around.

....and th papers wouldn't get it wrong....would they?

If you read the full story in the paper, apparently he was bragging about having drugs on him. Having said that if you upset the wrong people in Pattaya, then someone will be paying the BiB to fit you up, rather than the other way around.

....and th papers wouldn't get it wrong....would they?

Nah, that would never happen ! :o

(they just use different sources for the same stories and end up with completely different versions of what really happened).

Just read the (abbreviated) online version of the OP story. Noticed that it's been a bad couple of days for the French as well:

* Frenchman and his Russian Girlfriend involved in major road accident in Central Pattaya. (1 Feb 08)

* French Man arrested in connection with recent English Sex Movie Production case. (1 Feb 08)

* French Man accused of attempted bag snatch on Pattaya Beach. (2 Feb 08)

Maybe it's a seasonal thing ? Or do the different nationalities take turns at being head-line grabbers (whose turn is it next week, Belgium ? Sweden ? New Zealand ?)

Perhaps he had already sampled the wares--people on drugs are generally very easy to spot.

Interesting if somewhat paradoxical comment.....how do you know? Because presumably you will assume that the ones on drugs you don't spot are

NOT on drugs, whereas they MIGHT be on drugs but be hard to spot......so YOU would think they're NOT on drugs....if you get my drift.....anyhoo....do dealers take their own drugs? I would have thought it better to have a clear head and keep the profits.

Of course that overlooks one thing.....

how utterly FANTASTIC taking drugs can be....for some. :o

I find it amazing that no one mentions that this man bought illegal drugs.....duh!!!!

I would suggest that most people are over the drugs hype thing now and are more amused by the idiosyncrasies of the takers ansd tyhe absurdities of the laws surrounding them.

Edited by wilko

Perhaps he had already sampled the wares--people on drugs are generally very easy to spot.

Interesting if somewhat paradoxical comment.....how do you know? Because presumably you will assume that the ones on drugs you don't spot are

NOT on drugs, whereas they MIGHT be on drugs but be hard to spot......so YOU would think they're NOT on drugs....if you get my drift.....anyhoo....do dealers take their own drugs? I would have thought it better to have a clear head and keep the profits.

how utterly FANTASTIC taking drugs can be....for some. :D

3 yaba tablets does not a dealer make :o

And how quickly we forget! Do you not remember the Englishman, high on ecstasy, who was busted in the park in Bangkok having just entered Thailand? And the police finding the bulk of his product sewn into his tracksuit. :D

As it happens, I know who this person is - and he is a multimillionaire (in Norwegian kroner). He made a fortune with onearmed bandits. So I can assure you that he was not dealing with drugs (selling, that is), he was probably just having a good time in Pattaya. I suppose anyone being photographed at the police station would not look at his best.

>> who appeared nervous when he spotted the Police

Thats why he got caugt. Look at all the drug dealers operating around the Tourist Police Entertainment Car (with the big plasma TV) on Walking Street. They never appear nervous offering "Coca, Jaba, Marihuana", so I guess thats why they never get caught.

Or...?

>> who appeared nervous when he spotted the Police

Thats why he got caugt. Look at all the drug dealers operating around the Tourist Police Entertainment Car (with the big plasma TV) on Walking Street. They never appear nervous offering "Coca, Jaba, Marihuana", so I guess thats why they never get caught.

Or...?

Yep there always seems to be someone in that vicinity in Walking St spruiking drugs.

Amazing really that anyone falls for the obvious trap but i suppose if you ask enough people you will find a sucker sooner or later.

Come to Singapore and see what illegal drugs will get you, bottom line is no drugs. Dealer or no dealer is not the question, but let's stick up for him since he may have been set up....

I have to confess to have taken alcohol, coffee AND paracetamol in Singapore.....and the fuc_king place STILL wouldn't go away!

how utterly FANTASTIC taking drugs can be....for some. :D

3 yaba tablets does not a dealer make :o

And how quickly we forget! Do you not remember the Englishman, high on ecstasy, who was busted in the park in Bangkok having just entered Thailand? And the police finding the bulk of his product sewn into his tracksuit. :D

lets see...A farang....in a track-suit......what was he doing.....

Out of the 10s of thousands of people hight on ecstasy in Bkk that day the police noticed ONE! What about the others....not wearing track-suits I guess...

Edited by wilko