Cooking Gas- How Much?

nokia

Hey CM folks,

Gas is running low. How much is it for a 15kg tank of cooking gas LPG? with & without tank?

Thanks.

A change over bottle will cost you 395 baht. At least that's what I paid a couple of days ago. My last new bottle from memory was about a thousand baht......

Hey CM folks,

Gas is running low. How much is it for a 15kg tank of cooking gas LPG? with & without tank?

Thanks.

A change over bottle will cost you 395 baht. At least that's what I paid a couple of days ago. My last new bottle from memory was about a thousand baht......

Thanks Maejo Man for the quick reply.

There's still a teeny weeny bit of gas left, so i'm not sure should i order a change over bottle or order a new bottle (15kg or 8 kg).

In the meantime,just hoping that it doesnt run out when my missus is cooking half-way... haha :o

Hey CM folks,

Thanks.

There's still a teeny weeny bit of gas left, so i'm not sure should i order a change over bottle or order a new bottle (15kg or 8 kg).

In the meantime,just hoping that it doesnt run out when my missus is cooking half-way... haha :o

If you give the bottle a rocking, and can't hear any liquid splashing around....It's time for a change up! I had my oven go out on me once when I was running the bottle on near empty, and nearly passed out in the kitchen from the gas. Not worth being mean for a few baht, believe me.

Hey CM folks,

Thanks.

If you give the bottle a rocking, and can't hear any liquid splashing around....It's time for a change up! I had my oven go out on me once when I was running the bottle on near empty, and nearly passed out in the kitchen from the gas. Not worth being mean for a few baht, believe me.

Yes there is some liquid sloshing around when i gave the bottle a hard rocking. Although the orange indicator is showing low, maybe there's a teeny weeny bit left.

If your bottle went empty, how did u almost passed out from the gas?

Yes there is some liquid sloshing around when i gave the bottle a hard rocking. Although the orange indicator is showing low, maybe there's a teeny weeny bit left.

My bottle was nigh on empty so the flame in the oven was low. A draught through the kitchen door must have blown it out, and I was unaware. The next thing I knew was that I was clutching onto the sink feeling nauseous and extremely dizzy. Althought there wasn't a strong smell of gas, I twigged what it was and stumbled outside. Ten minutes later I was fine. Held my breath and walked back inside and turned the gas off.

Cooking on a gas ring, it's obvious if it's on or off, but an oven.............I change mine now even though there migh tbe a little left. Once bitten and all that stuff:ermm:

My bottle was nigh on empty so the flame in the oven was low. A draught through the kitchen door must have blown it out, and I was unaware. The next thing I knew was that I was clutching onto the sink feeling nauseous and extremely dizzy. Althought there wasn't a strong smell of gas, I twigged what it was and stumbled outside. Ten minutes later I was fine. Held my breath and walked back inside and turned the gas off.

Cooking on a gas ring, it's obvious if it's on or off, but an oven.............I change mine now even though there migh tbe a little left. Once bitten and all that stuff:ermm:

Thank God that u stumbled outside. Anyway, it's better to be on the safe side. Thanks for sharing.

If there is one thing that is still really cheap around here and so easy to get replaced quickly when it tanks out, it is cooking gas. Don't stint!

As a safety factor, if your kitchen (with a western style stove) allows, punch through the exterior wall behind the stove, thread through a reinforced (easy to get and safe ) flexible feeder line and store the container outside. Tanks really should never be placed inside, and you do have to be cautious about flameouts from low pressure. Again, don't stint!

Then , there are the handy portable tanks with single-burner units that are suited to more traditional Thai ( or "wok") cooking in a Thai-style kitchen, basically outside. They work great, too.

Then, you should get a Weber grill! If you can afford one at Rimping.

Then, you can always go out to eat.

Edited by Mapguy

If there is one thing that is still really cheap around here and so easy to get replaced quickly when it tanks out, it is cooking gas. Don't stint!

As a safety factor, if your kitchen (with a western style stove) allows, punch through the exterior wall behind the stove, thread through a reinforced (easy to get and safe ) flexible feeder line and store the container outside. Tanks really should never be placed inside, and you do have to be cautious about flameouts from low pressure. Again, don't stint!

Sound advice that all should read.....

Then , there are the handy portable tanks with single-burner units that are suited to more traditional Thai ( or "wok") cooking in a Thai-style kitchen, basically outside. They work great, too.

Then, you should get a Weber grill! If you can afford one at Rimping.

Then, you can always go out to eat.

Thks, sound advice indeed. Yes i did put the tank outside after punching thru the exterior wall, as advised by thai friends.

I tot flameout only occurs in a jet engine, how does it happen with a 15kg tank & a western stove/kitchen?

I was thinking of getting a spare smaller tank, but the shop was quoting a 1k baht for the 8kg(inc tank), while the smaller 2.5kg has a different hose fitting.

Maybe will get a Weber grill if BBQ often. :o

• 10 months later...

If you have a car it is cheaper to take the bottle to the gas station yourself and refill it [270 baht]

a local shop will charge around 40-50 baht to come to you replace and connect with a full one. so about 310 - 330 baht total

Edited by ignis