Remote Key Fobs

torrenova

Both my D-Max key fobs are knackerd or thereabouts and only 7 months old ! Can the batteries be shot in this time ? Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

If batteries, is it a dealer job or can I just go to BigC and get some new batteries ?

Hi

After only 7 months, I'd definitely go back to the dealer and expect free replacements! At least that way, if its not the batteries they should deal with the fault before anyone 'fiddles' with the keys.

Dave

p.s. Stirring your Tea with Dmax keys also temporarily knackers them too! .......OOOOPPS :o

I was in the Big C carpark at Nakhon Sawan last year, parked the car (Ford Ranger) and set the alarm using my wifes remote and left mine at home 125km away.

Finished my shopping and went to open the car and load it. The remote wouldn't unlock the car so I just used the central locking on the door. That of course set the alarm blaring away and I couldn't start the car either. I managed to open a window but it just wouldn't reset so I closed the window and went to the car stereo place (who also do car alarms) but they had closed down.

I went back to the car and fortunately after about another 6 tries I managed to reset the alarm. I got home OK and tried my remote and that worked so I went to the village the next morning with both remotes and changed both batteries which were a couple of years old.

The moral is to take both remotes, just in case you start the car and run the aircon and stupidly lock the car with the keys inside. Been there and done that but my wife was only 10 minutes away at home with her remote. :D:o:D

Both my D-Max key fobs are knackerd or thereabouts and only 7 months old ! Can the batteries be shot in this time ? Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

If batteries, is it a dealer job or can I just go to BigC and get some new batteries ?

Hi.

It's an easy job to change the batteries in the remote fobs, But to save hassle I just take mine to my local watch repairer as he stocks the battery I need. To increase the battery life make sure you switch the fob off when not in use otherwise pressure from other objects in your pockets can cause it to activate and reduce battery life!

Regards Nibor.

I was in the Big C carpark at Nakhon Sawan last year, parked the car (Ford Ranger) and set the alarm using my wifes remote and left mine at home 125km away.

Finished my shopping and went to open the car and load it. The remote wouldn't unlock the car so I just used the central locking on the door. That of course set the alarm blaring away and I couldn't start the car either. I managed to open a window but it just wouldn't reset so I closed the window and went to the car stereo place (who also do car alarms) but they had closed down.

I went back to the car and fortunately after about another 6 tries I managed to reset the alarm. I got home OK and tried my remote and that worked so I went to the village the next morning with both remotes and changed both batteries which were a couple of years old.

The moral is to take both remotes, just in case you start the car and run the aircon and stupidly lock the car with the keys inside. Been there and done that but my wife was only 10 minutes away at home with her remote. :D:o:D

Yeah, and keep one in the glove compartment.

I had a similar situation once, if you open the door with your key and try to start the car about ten times, alarm goes off. I don't know if it works on all alarms, though.

My batteries are not sold in 7-Elevens, it's some special size. I get them at the Mall and they are relatively expensive (90 baht a pop).

To increase the battery life make sure you switch the fob off when not in use otherwise pressure from other objects in your pockets can cause it to activate and reduce battery life!

Regards Nibor.

Switch it off ? really ? It is permanently switched off until you press it to open or close the car.

To increase the battery life make sure you switch the fob off when not in use otherwise pressure from other objects in your pockets can cause it to activate and reduce battery life!

Regards Nibor.

Switch it off ? really ? It is permanently switched off until you press it to open or close the car.

Sorry I should have qualified that statement for the sake of the pedants, if your fob has an on/off switch like mine do then switching it off is a good idea. The reason for doing this is in my original post.

Nibor.

Regards Nibor.

Sorry I should have qualified that statement for the sake of the pedants, if your fob has an on/off switch like mine do then switching it off is a good idea. The reason for doing this is in my original post.

Nibor.

Mine has a cover to slide over the buttons and I often forget to close it which is embarassing while my wife is driving and my remote keeps trying to set the alarm etc. It took me a few minutes to work that one out as we were driving down a bad road at the time and I was bouncing around in the seat and nudging the centre console at the time.

Stupid boy Pike. :D :D :o