Who's On Thai Visa?

RueFang

Little Census Survey  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Do Jedi-Knights count as Male/Female/Ka-Toey ? :o

foot-note: The 10-yearly UK-census refuses to accept 'Jedi' as a recognised religion, despite the large number of respondents, who claim this as their formal religion. For some reason, they think that some respondants in their census, are being frivolous. Perish the thought ! :D

Edited by Ricardo

I somehow think this poll's not going to get 3000 responses!

Thanks for all your specs Reimar! It's nice to know your story and I think you're the expat winner for living in Thailand the longest!

Well, aren't the UK just spoil sports not including Jediism...have to include that on the next poll :o

Well, aren't the UK just spoil sports not including Jediism...have to include that on the next poll :o

Dammit, that's what I put on the census.

Male, 47, Married 4 years, lived here for 3.

Shouldn't the last question have allowed more than one choice? :D

Hi

Thought I would add this late post to bring the thread back into view, as a regular "cyber lurker" I can see a lot of the regular postees but not as many as I would have expected!

As for myself, 62 years old (retired from work but not from life), 13 years in Thailand, Married, 2 children and living near the Saraburi/Lopburi border.

Looks a pretty bland story when condensed but like any other long term expats life, there's a lot gone unsaid!

Regards to all.

Nibor.

Me, normal person on here as the Poles show:-

Male [ 203 ] [89.04%]

57-62 [ 32 ] [14.04%]

Married [ 114 ] [50.00%]

Married to me Very Dear Thai Lady for more than 21 years, never did a visa run, have a P.R. (Permanent Residence to live in Thailand), and have been a Member of ThaiVisaDotCom for a few years.

Mind my own business :D and drink “Singha” beer. :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

*Very nice gentleman to all*

Married, Male, 37, Living in Arizona USA, Disabled Veteran with too much time on my hands. But it did give me the opportunity to discover the gem that is the LOS.

11 stays to LOS soon to be 12 next month. We always stay in a serviced apartment in Bangkok near the Emporium off Sukhumvit Soi 24.

7 stays in Cebu City, Cebu Philippines. I go there to visit the in-laws.

Cheers

GunnyD

Seems strange have most of the guys just give out their age and the ladies use the brackets. I know it's not polite to ask a lady how old she is. :o

Even though I put myself down as married, I'm still free to do what ever I want ( yeah right ) until Thursday when I become a hollow shell of my former playboy self :o and say yes to my future ex wife

Pattaya, 37, almost married ( unless I get an 11th hour reprieve)

Even though I put myself down as married, I'm still free to do what ever I want ( yeah right ) until Thursday when I become a hollow shell of my former playboy self :o and say yes to my future ex wife

Pattaya, 37, almost married ( unless I get an 11th hour reprieve)

Good luck on that marriage thing :D

I'm male aged 60 fine and mellow years, well mostly. Married almost 7 years to the best women I've every met or hope to meet, shes thai and I'm not. Presently in LOS for another month then return to US for a couple of years before permanent move to Chiang Mai area. Presently scouting out more land for future home, possibly in mountains.

Main purpose of trip to see three month old grandson, whom I was ask to name. Poor thai lad is stuck with the name Greg, after a close friend whose family was intertwined with mine before we ever met.

The age as my avatar looks like (60), in Asia since 1971, Thailand from 1980 What else? Oh, I'm a very bad German because I don't like many things what German's like which includes Football (Soccer), Bier (any alcohol) and Pork Knuckle and Sauerkraut!

Cheers.

Thats ok I have on my fathers side a muddled history of French and Dutch heritage and I don't pay much attention to soccer, and I'm allergic to sauerkraut and don't eat pork (my mother loved pickled pigs feet) However I do draw the line at bier and when in Thailand increase my consumption expotentially due to my love affair with beer Chang

55 y.o. divorced from a charming English lady, I just cannot settle down, who gave me two first class boys both through university.

Lived and worked in Thailand from '92 to '02 in the oil & gas business then stayed on until '04 when I had to return to the UK and get working again as the carefree playboy life soon gets boring (and expensive! :o ).

Worked in offshore oil and gas in Morcambe bay, UK then new contract starting in Paris through Kuala Lumpur to here in central Viet Nam building the country's first oil refinery.

Currently in an informal relationship with a Vietnamese woman that may or may not develope into something more serious. My goal since around '94 was retirement in Thailand but am considering my options as Viet Nam seems more stable and more foreigner freindly than Thailand. At my age and with my resources the visa issue for Thailand is not an issue but the seemingly unending stream of flip flop governments give me no confidence in making any kind of investment. Retirement is planned for in about three years time or when the current boom in the industry fizzles out whichever is soonest but in reality may come as a period of semi-retirement doing odd contract work as it suits me.

Like just about all Asian food plus the occasional good British dinner, like beer (Singha in Thailand, Bia Saigon here but as long as it's cold I'll drink almost any amber liquid) but most of all I like the sunshine.

• 3 weeks later...

Male; Single again; Recently turned 54; Two daughters, three grandchildren (at least for now); Grew up in Thailand (1960>67), still speak Thai reasonably well & have stayed involved with Thais ever since returning (now in Fort Worth, Texas, USA); Hobbies include (but are not limited to) clay, glass, photography(stereo, macro, pre-1870 processes, hand tinting), living history (civilan photographer, War for Southern Indedendence), paleontology, plants/landscape/horticulture, and just started lessons for poi/fire spinning; Looking to start my next career (TEFL, exports) in LOS in a few years; Third culture child who wants to return to my other home.

I am male, 64 in May and live 65km southwest of Khampaeng Phet.

My second wife is Thai and 43 in October and our son is 4 in August.

I am semi retired and my wife has just started a small village shop and is doing a roaring trade selling noodles.

I have been comming to/working in/ living in Thailand since 1993 and living here full time since 2001.

I have worked in many countries over the years but none better than Thailand and my major aim in life is to see my son graduate after which I will quietly fade away filled with happines for the good life I have had.