Is There Any "extension" On 3 Months Type O Visa Available?

No. You will only get 7 days. But if you have not used the 60 day extension of stay authorized under section 7.23 you can obtain a 60 day extension of stay with the following documents:

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Copy of census registration

4. Copy of the Thai national’s ID Card

5. Copy of marriage certificate or birth

certificate

so, if I understand well, to get the 0 visa a translation of marriage certificate is enough in any embassy (with no need to register the wedding in Thailand ) but to get that 60 days extension , the wedding must have been registered in Thailand. (census registration) .

Is that correct ?

I got married with my thai wife in Europe, now to get a 0 visa in any Thai consulate in Asia I need a translation of the wedding certificate.

Do I need to translate it from spanish to english or to Thai ?

What else I need ? A embassy stamp and/or a Foreign Minister of Affairs stamp ?

Thanks for your answer.

Marriage certificate needs to be in English or Thai. If you have to make a translation believe it should be into Thai. They could ask that it be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but that probably will not be required with your wife with you when you apply for the extension of stay.

Be aware that at most Consulates a copy of wife ID card is also required for visa issue these days (to help prove the relationship is ongoing).

No. You will only get 7 days. But if you have not used the 60 day extension of stay authorized under section 7.23 you can obtain a 60 day extension of stay with the following documents:
1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant's passport

4. Copy of the Thai national's ID Card

certificate

I'm marrying next week and would like to apply for the 2 month extension, which I enquired about at Immigration last month the Officer mentioned to just bring along the marriage certificate and they would stamp me a 60 day extension, I am currently on a tourist visa, is there anything else I need to bring along other than my passport? I should give them a call also to check as I am not sure If I have to pay the 1900b to apply for it also? Sorry I am a bit vague on this, anyone can help or has done the 60 day extension before?

Many thanks in advance!

DSG

Hi,

Anyone know if there are a 7 or 14 days in-country "extension" on 3 months type O visa available?

forget to mention, do I need the non o via first to apply for the 60 day extension or will my current tourist visa suffice for the extension, the way the officer was talking it was as if a slong as I have time on my current tv to apply and I have the marriage cert, they will stamp for 60 days, btw I will be applying for non o after this extension if the above is applicable.

thanks again, sorry, I am in a bit of a rush to type this!

Best

DSG

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant's passport

4. Copy of the Thai national's ID Card

certificate

I'm marrying next week and would like to apply for the 2 month extension, which I enquired about at Immigration last month the Officer mentioned to just bring along the marriage certificate and they would stamp me a 60 day extension, I am currently on a tourist visa, is there anything else I need to bring along other than my passport? I should give them a call also to check as I am not sure If I have to pay the 1900b to apply for it also? Sorry I am a bit vague on this, anyone can help or has done the 60 day extension before?

Many thanks in advance!

DSG

I did my extension a couple of weeks ago. In addition to the above, I had to attach photocopies of the page in my passport with the arrival stamp, as well as the arrival / departure card. You can make the copies across the street from Suan Phlu Office if you like, but do have them.

Thanks for the info here, I got a 60 day extension on an O with marriage and baby certificates and the fee. It saved me a trip out. Wish I had known about it in the past, would have saved money and headaches. My wife had to fill out some paper also and sign it. Knowing I did not have a bank account, the officer suggested I go to Penang to get a multi entry 1 year visa next time. That's sort of funny. Sort of.

Actually that was very good advise. Penang is one of the few Consulates in the area that will issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa and so far have not insisted on any fixed account amount and some have reported not having any account.

Hi,

Anyone know if there are a 7 or 14 days in-country "extension" on 3 months type O visa available?

I just extended my 3 month Type "O" by 60 days at the Pattaya Immigration office. I am married, that's why I have the type O to begin with. My wife was with me and they required he to fill out some form in Thai. Trying to find out from her what the form was about but she doesn't quite remember. She said it mostly just asked our relationship and where we lived. I paid the 1900thb and gave them that with the visa extension application asking for 60 days and they gave it to me on the spot.

Just FYI, when I asked at the information desk they said I could only have 7 day extension. I speak Thai so I didn't take that as final word and keep talking with the agent at the information desk to give me 2 months. He kept telling me to just go cross the border and I would get another 90 days (I have mult entry visa). I kept telling him that I would rather give the money to Thailand and not waste my time going to the border and back. He finally agreed and got me the form I needed. Was in/out in 30 mins.

Hi,

I just extended my 3 month Type "O" by 60 days at the Pattaya Immigration office. I am married, that's why I have the type O to begin with. My wife was with me and they required he to fill out some form in Thai. Trying to find out from her what the form was about but she doesn't quite remember. She said it mostly just asked our relationship and where we lived. I paid the 1900thb and gave them that with the visa extension application asking for 60 days and they gave it to me on the spot.

Just FYI, when I asked at the information desk they said I could only have 7 day extension. I speak Thai so I didn't take that as final word and keep talking with the agent at the information desk to give me 2 months. He kept telling me to just go cross the border and I would get another 90 days (I have mult entry visa). I kept telling him that I would rather give the money to Thailand and not waste my time going to the border and back. He finally agreed and got me the form I needed. Was in/out in 30 mins.

Hey Guys Im On A Non O At The Moment. i Qualify Because I Have A Baby Here, This Is My 2nd Non O I Recieved it From Vientiene. Can You Inform Me If I Qualify For The 60 Extension.My Current Non O Expires On The 4th Of March And I Was Planning To Go To Mai sai For A 30 day VOA. But If Theres A Band Wagon Then Im On It Cheers In Advance Guys. Im Living In Chiang Mai.

Can anyone clarify this for me please, I am on day 11 of a 30 day extension on a single tourist visa, I am getting married later this week, I have been told I can apply for a 2 month extension on top of this extension at Immigration with my marriage cert.

But I wouldnt have the non o yet you see, just my tourist visa. I am not sure if what she told me was correct, because the lady at immigration told me after my last 30 day extension once I am married just bring in the cert and they will stamp for 2 months extension (so I need a non O first or not?) hmm apologies, I get confused with all the visa info. Can anyone pls advise?

Thanks in advance

DSG

You do not need the non immigrant visa to obtain the 60 day extension of stay under provision 7.23. You should have wife, marriage certificate, passport, her home register and her id card and copies of all. Cost will be 1,900 baht and you need a current 4x6cm photo for the TM.7 application form.

You do not need the non immigrant visa to obtain the 60 day extension of stay under provision 7.23. You should have wife, marriage certificate, passport, her home register and her id card and copies of all. Cost will be 1,900 baht and you need a current 4x6cm photo for the TM.7 application form.

Thanks ever so much Lopburi, I feel a bit guilty sometimes, asking so many questions! Thanks for your help, I and many (many!) others really appreciate it.

:o regards dsg

Hey, I have a NON - 0 visa 3 months now from penang, I get it because i have my son born here in Thailand, and showing my sons birth certificate, our tabian ban, girlfrinds ID card. Im NOT married to her and has never been married. will i qualify also for the 60 days extension (TM.7) on any immigration office inside thailand ?

im not sure about i can get this because we are not married. but maybe i can do because i visit my son and support him/them :o

• 3 weeks later...