Newbie Any Help Would Be Nice

GOWER

Hi All, i was in surin over the new year with my lady, we went to see her family there, it took about 50 mins from the Majestic Hotel in the car and i popped in to farang connection, i must nice chips, :o

i sent her some photos about 2 weeks ago and shes still waiting for them, her sister gave me this adress

could anyone tell me if this looks/spelled right

BAN

koktom TUMBOON

kokyang UMPER

prasart JANGWAT

surin 32140

ive been looking on the maps but im having no luck,

and has anyone tryed any of these

http://www.gogoflorist.com/indexx2.htm

http://www.forever-florist-thailand.com/index.php

as i want to send her a nice bunch of flowers, i know its a bit late for valentines day, better late then never,lol, or as any one got any ideas which is the best way to go about it,

one more Q, when does pb air bring out the new dates as they only go to march because i want to book a flight in may

Thanks in advance

I don’t know about the spelling of the place names, but I hope you also added the country name “Thailand” on the envelope.

If you sent the letter by airmail it should have arrived by now. Standard mail could perhaps take up to a month.

--

Maestro

I don't know about the spelling of the place names, but I hope you also added the country name "Thailand" on the envelope.

If you sent the letter by airmail it should have arrived by now. Standard mail could perhaps take up to a month.

--

Maestro

yes i did put thailand on the envelope, sorry i didnt add it to the adress as i thought that would be obvious

Going by experience in our part of Ubon the people in the post office dont read english too well. I was told that they go by the postcode and also the Moo number. In our case the village is Ban Na Wa Noi, but the address is 40 Moo 12, 40 is the house number and 12 is the village or neighbourhood number. The town where the post office is has the post code of 34170. So the letter is sent to the correct post code and then they sort it out into runs in relation to the Moo number.

I hope that sounds clear

yes i did put thailand on the envelope, sorry i didnt add it to the adress as i thought that would be obvious

Well, then at least it got to Thailand.

For future letters, you may want to write the address in Thai characters, except the country name. If your girlfriend and/or her sister have access to the internet, get them to send it to you by email and you can then print it on a label and stick it on the envelope.

There are various ways of transliterating Thai into English and outside of the major towns the postal staff may have difficulty to guess what your way of addressing the envelope should mean in Thai. One thing I can see is that you got the line breaks wrong, but this in itself should not be much of a problem. Correctly, it would probably be:

Baan (or Ban) Kok Tom (?) <or a number>

Tambon Kok Yang

Amphur Prasat (or Prasart)

Changwat Surin 32180

Thailand

Google Earth shows a place called Prasart about 30 km south of the provincial capital Surin, Google Maps, which gives the names in Thai, shows Amphur Prasat (อ. ปราสาท), which can also be transliterated as Prasart, in the same place but neither map goes into the detail of Tambon and Baan.

post-21260-1203033376_thumb.jpg post-21260-1203033392_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

To send mail from Thailand is usually ok.

To receive mail from abroad is a lottery in Thailand, you might get it or not.

If it's just a letter,........... maybe, but if it is anything more (photos etc), it's a 50% chance.

It would really help if you could write the name and adress in Thai, then it's not so obvious it is from a farang (maybe money inside envelope), and all post officials can read it.

Btw.........I would'nt go for flowers, better send her some money, and let her decide what to buy.

Remember TIT!

Hi All, i was in surin over the new year with my lady, we went to see her family there, it took about 50 mins from the Majestic Hotel in the car and i popped in to farang connection, i must nice chips, :o

i sent her some photos about 2 weeks ago and shes still waiting for them, her sister gave me this adress

could anyone tell me if this looks/spelled right

BAN

koktom TUMBOON

kokyang UMPER

prasart JANGWAT

surin 32140

ive been looking on the maps but im having no luck,

and has anyone tryed any of these

http://www.gogoflorist.com/indexx2.htm

http://www.forever-florist-thailand.com/index.php

as i want to send her a nice bunch of flowers, i know its a bit late for valentines day, better late then never,lol, or as any one got any ideas which is the best way to go about it,

one more Q, when does pb air bring out the new dates as they only go to march because i want to book a flight in may

Thanks in advance

Prasat is correct, it is on route 24 south of Surin so it looks to fit with the post code

The Amphur (Kokyang) is not on my map but the Tambon Ban Khok Thom is East of route 214 mid-way between Surin and Prasat going south further down than 2 lakes.

I think you will also need the XX Moo XX toindicate the actualhouse in the Tambon

I very much doubt the adress does not contain any numbers for the Moo (inside the Tambon) allthough if the Tambon is not big and she is well known, it might arrive.

Was it by registerred ?

Edited by Krub

I think the place is called Khok Yang, well it is according to Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphoe_Prasat

I'm sure I have driven past signs for it on my way to Surin, but memory fails me as to where it is exactly.

But if you address it as Maestro suggest, it should get there. You will need house and Moo number as other have said however.

I think the place is called Khok Yang, well it is according to Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphoe_Prasat

I'm sure I have driven past signs for it on my way to Surin, but memory fails me as to where it is exactly.

But if you address it as Maestro suggest, it should get there. You will need house and Moo number as other have said however.

Yes there is an house and moo number, but i didnt want to advertise her full address on the net, no it was registered, we did drive past a big lake and a pig farm on the way to her village,

Thanks for all the replies

the maps are great

Just One More Question, can anyone translate this to thai for me

''can you write you address in thai characters''

THANKS ALL

Just One More Question, can anyone translate this to thai for me

''can you write you address in thai characters''

THANKS ALL

That question would be better posted in the Thai Language section.

But, translating English back into Thai from the original English transliteration of the original Thai is prone to errors and if you get it even slightly wrong it could just sit in the main post office in Surin as undeliverable.