Blancmange - Should It Be Banned In Thailand?

Sunderland

I googled Blancmange and now I understand why it is called “WhiteEat”:

Blancmange is a sweet dessert commonly made with milk or cream and sugar thickened with gelatin, cornstarch or irish moss, and often flavored with almonds.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blancmange

I don't think I would like it particularly.

--

Maestro

Your cunning plan of coding this cosmetic enhancing food into French will not fool the thought police.

Other respondants incorrectly translate it as "white food".

NO - it is "Whitening food"

As such, all the young things will be flocking to it (now that you have revealed the secret) in order to have fashionably white intestines.

Influential HiSo young ones will NEVER allow a ban to be imposed - regardless of the possible damage to the lining of their intestinal tracts.

If you notice that your internet speed is down, you are being monitored.

J.

Personally I think it should not. However, I know there are some out there who believe it should be. Please offer your thoughts and opinions on this delicate issue. Apparently Thaivisa is being monitored by Internet inspectors, so please be on your best behaviour.

Surely this thread is in regard to something other than a subject as mundane as a simple dessert to eat.

It should be clear to all that this thread is about the band, Blancmange...

which, after watching their video,

I would not oppose their being banned in Thailand.

Edited by sriracha john

Thank you for the link to the YouTube video, SJ. So that’s what this topic is about.

No nudity in that video, no obscene language. But as I am not interested in pop music I do not care whether this pop group will be banned in Thailand or not.

--

Maestro

Thank you for the link to the YouTube video, SJ. So that’s what this topic is about.

No nudity in that video, no obscene language. But as I am not interested in pop music I do not care whether this pop group will be banned in Thailand or not.

--

Maestro

Actually, I haven't a clue as to what the OP is asking about... :D:o

It just seemed to be a wee bit more logical than a sweet dessert, although even if it is this, it's nearly absurd as the gelantin connection.

and while it's true there is no nudity nor obscene language in the video, the nausea it generates is nearly equal to that of the Ebola virus and thus well deserving of banishment.

Edited by sriracha john

Only thinking about them the other day.

26 years ago? dam_n I'm getting old :o

Great song though.

SL.

Yes, members of this band would be far too old to cause much trouble.

They should be allowed to spend their last days in Thailand.

There are plenty in their age group already here.

Personally I think it should not. However, I know there are some out there who believe it should be. Please offer your thoughts and opinions on this delicate issue. Apparently Thaivisa is being monitored by Internet inspectors, so please be on your best behaviour.

Please share with us what liquid has passed your lips. I would like to order a case :o

Please share with us what liquid has passed your lips. I would like to order a case :o

Chang probably. :D

Chang probably. :D

Either that or he's took a day trip to Hartlepool :D

Surely this thread is in regard to something other than a subject as mundane as a simple dessert to eat.

It should be clear to all that this thread is about the band, Blancmange...

which, after watching their video,

I would not oppose their being banned in Thailand.

Well I have just watched this video and I do seem to remember my parents having this composition in their grammar phone collection.

It seems to be setting a fine example to Thai people. The young chap, with a rather nice singing voice, is very well turned out in linen suit and cravat. In spite of having to run around some Arabian country with a heavy suitcase, he does not let his standards drop by removing his jacket or cravat. If only I could say the same for most Thai people.

What does this have to do with anything, particularly Thailand?

Haven't you read the title?

Should it be banned in Thailand?

My feeling is, that it should be banned. Although I'm a little concerned with sunderland's mental condition, if this topic is keeping him up at night. :o

What does this have to do with anything, particularly Thailand?

Haven't you read the title?

Should it be banned in Thailand?

My feeling is, that it should be banned. Although I'm a little concerned with sunderland's mental condition, if this topic is keeping him up at night. :o

I presume we are talking about the music, not the food. In which case, what is the objectionable material? I cannot access the video. Is he (the singer) talking trash & profanity or dancing nud_e? If not, what's the issue & why is this worthy of a discussion here?

Oh for heavens sake it’s really not that difficult to understand. The lines to the chorus of the song are:

“I’m so tall, I’m so tall. You raise me and then you let me fall”

So the question is, in these days of political correctness, is it acceptable to have Caucasian people running around Asian countries where the people are, shall we say, a little vertically challenged, bragging about how tall they are?

I'd heard that Arthur & Luscombe were reforming, are they going to play here then?

Regards

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that was thinking 80's retro when I saw this heading. I remember a girl I madly obsessed with back then, big hair, the required heavy black eyeliner and docs. It was my hormones that made me lust for her, honest. :o

Edited by geriatrickid

i used to love Blancmange but now i've grown up and matured, i like Angel Delight or Ambrosia Custard straight out of the tin :D

Ooooh :o , Ambrosia custard cold straight out of the tin - luvly jubbly! :D

Forget Blancmange! BANNED I say!

WE WANT CUSTARD, WE WANT CUSTARD - AND WHEN DO WE WANT IT? WE WANT IT NOW!!!!

i used to love Blancmange but now i've grown up and matured, i like Angel Delight or Ambrosia Custard straight out of the tin :o

Sorry to Mr Bojangles, whose quote I seem to have mistakeny linked my post to--no offence, Bob--but seriously folks, could someone shed some light as to <deleted> this is all about--yes, I do remember some defunct 80's band by the name and I am obviously familiar with the disgusting dessert substance--but, plleeeeaase, what are you all discussing???

i used to love Blancmange but now i've grown up and matured, i like Angel Delight or Ambrosia Custard straight out of the tin :o

Sorry to Mr Bojangles, whose quote I seem to have mistakeny linked my post to--no offence, Bob--but seriously folks, could someone shed some light as to <deleted> this is all about--yes, I do remember some defunct 80's band by the name and I am obviously familiar with the disgusting dessert substance--but, plleeeeaase, what are you all discussing???

It's quite simple really, but if you are still unsure check out this thread;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0