Visa Runs Laos

There is the Elite Card which would eliminate any visa run being required. There are investment visas available. For others there is the one return to homeland yearly O visa which will only require 90 day runs that many are still able to obtain.

Most people who have the means to live well here could get into one of these. But agree there will always be those below eligibility levels who will not. That is the reason all countries have visa/immigration rules.

I just wish there was viable alternative.

As for the elite card, over-priced and no confidence in the first place

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...t=0#entry172168

not really confident in throwing down 3 mil for investment visa for the same uncertain nature.

really the only choice is flying home yearly... and hope the consulates will continue to provide non-o's..... sssssshhhhhh once again

Will certainly comply with all visa regulations while here, but prefer to spend the time and B50-75K for the trip home, in Thailand.

Just a matter of preference and inconvienence.

Ok, this is my situation, I am happy to listen to all advises.

I am 48 Years, unmarried, kind of retired (I have foreign income from a rented house back home which gives me enough to get by here in Thailand on a nice style of living.

I live in Pattaya now, with a monthly budget of around 100 000 Bt.

Right now I am on leg one of a two-entires Business Visa, issued by the Thai Embassy back in my home country in Europe.

I still intedn to get into forming a Company here and doing some business, but I would rather like to wait until the time for this seems right to me, I found the right spot, the right partners, the right business idea. I don't want to make these decisions under pressure.

I do not intend to marry a Thai woman here, again, this attitude might eventually change, but I do not see marriage for a Visa as a positive idea.

I also might consider buying a Condo, but as I much prefer living in a house as I do right now, this decision would be baes on investment only, and I see the current prices as no good timing for a purchase.

My plan is to stay here until the B-Visa expire, then try to get on more on the same grounds, then swith to Tourist Visas and / or Border runs, until I either start working or reach my 50th Birthday.

No, Thailand Elite I do not see as alternative. I studied this quite intensive, but it looks like a scam.

Anyone with a better idea?

Sunny