The Elizabethan Room

Maejo Man

Funny, I was just wondering about the Elizabethan Room yesterday. It is going to be a long low season this year for just about everyone. A brand new business has an even more difficult time. :o

So Come and see us some time G! We would love to see you

Hi,

Im pretty new to CM and would love to come and try your place out. Can you give rough directions to me please (I live in Hang Dong)

Thanks

I ate there recently and will agree to the big portions.

Its good to see someone doing something a little different and making an effort to prepare interesting and different food.

I'll also add that it is very decently priced. Very good value indeed. (Don't take this as a reason to up the prices!)

I've recommended the place to a couple of other expats already so hopefully there'll be enough business to keep it viable during the low season

Funny, I was just wondering about the Elizabethan Room yesterday. It is going to be a long low season this year for just about everyone. A brand new business has an even more difficult time. :o

So Come and see us some time G! We would love to see you

Hi,

Im pretty new to CM and would love to come and try your place out. Can you give rough directions to me please (I live in Hang Dong)

Thanks

Hi, Yes of course, Its just down the road from The Rim Ping Condo opposite what used tobe the Bears Den (noe Options Club) in Charoenrat Road. 08 3572 3819

Fantastic food, amazing portions. If they hav'nt already could someone tell them they are charging the wrong price for there canned cider. Think it was about 120baht when I went there. You can't even buy it in Ring sting for that little. I did mention it when I was there after 3 or 4.

If you are thinking about going to eat there? Don't think. Just go! Its a real treat!

• 5 months later...

Whatever the experiences diners have had and the opinions they have formed in respect of the food, ambience, prices and service it seems that the Elizabethan Room is going to be a part of Chiangmai's history as when passing yesterday I saw a large sign stating "restaurant for sale-complete with contents" or words to that effect.

I don't know whether it is as a result of ill health or a lack of custom.

I did dine there with a friend and our respective GF's. We (the caucasian half of the group) did enjoy our fare, however the other half (s) were not impressed.

IMHO (and keeping in mind that it was billed as providing Elizabethan period food) the menu was quite restricted particularly when the majority of the folk (expats) who have been around here long term have a Thai oppo.

It would have attracted more custom had Thai cuisine been available.

I do hope that ill health is not the reason for the sale.

Edited by john b good