Life In The Uk

Right, just got the book yesterday for the mrs, its called, Life in the uk test ( Practice Questions ) questions and answers for British citizenship and settlement tests, it says, valid for tests taken from 2 april 2007.

Is this the right book???

When can she take this test???

Thanks all

Scotty and the enemy :o

Scotty

The book she needed was shown in a previous thread of yours. The syllabus (all the information she should study) book is the first one in the list here, The one you have is, I suppose, the second one in the list and will of course be a help in her studies as would any of the books available.

She can take the test whenever she feels smart enough, should she fail she just tries again (after 7 days) but it's £34 a time! Once passed it's passed for life.

So she's decided to stay with you then? :o

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Stay with me?? I cant get rid of her :o

No joking, anyway, what happens when she passes the test? im a bit confused.

Can we not apply for ILTR until she has passed the test? can we only apply after 23 months? if after everything, and she still cant pass the test, do we apply for an extension to her visa? if so, how long are the extensions to her visa until she passes?

I did a sample test on the net of the questions.

There were ten questions, I did them myself, and I failed :D

One of the questions, how many people are there in the houses of parliment, what the <deleted>........

Anyway, help would be apreciated.

Cheers............

As soon as she passes and provided it is within her first 2 years in UK she just keeps it and files it away with all the other evidence required to prove that you are still living together.

If she passes, 28 days before her 2 year anniversary in UK you can apply for ILR (provided that comes before her current visa expires)

Should she be unable to pass the test (or complete one of the courses discussed in other threads on this forum which would give her an equivalent qualification) then before her 2 year permission to stay expires she should apply for FLR which should give her another 2 year in UK.

If she later wishes to apply for British Citizenship she uses that same certificate of competence when she applies.

Perhaps you should make it tea time reading together, must be better than watching football in Sheffield :o

I had replied to your other question but it seems to have gone !!hmmmmmm Anyway Mahout said much the same - you appear to have got a different book to the recommended one - not sure how important that is but worth bearing in mind!!

Stay with me?? I cant get rid of her :o

No joking, anyway, what happens when she passes the test? im a bit confused.

After she passes the test nothing happens other than she now has a print off to show she has passed the test and that is submitted with you along with her ILTR application. The test centre, I understand, do notify the Home Office but you also submit your proof of the test with the application.

Can we not apply for ILTR until she has passed the test? No - you can apply for FLR but not ILTR

can we only apply after 23 months? - hmmm not sure what you mean - apply for the test? or for ILTR - that you can only apply for 28 days before the 2 year anniversay of her arrival (so yes 23 months after she got here give or take a day or two!)

if after everything, and she still cant pass the test, do we apply for an extension to her visa? if so, how long are the extensions to her visa until she passes? FLR is for another 2 years I believe

I did a sample test on the net of the questions.

One of the questions, how many people are there in the houses of parliment, what the <deleted>........

Anyway, help would be apreciated.

Cheers............

I think that has covered most of what your asking!!

:o

One of the questions, how many people are there in the houses of parliment, what the

The whole point is Scotty, it will tell you in the book!

Read the book together, revise and re-read it and continually ask questions and with the help of a four leafed Shamrock, you will, hopefully get there.

Good Luck

Moss