Having Trouble Finding Staff In Bangkok

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been looking for some technical staff (Audio Technician for installing and maintainance of equipment) for the past 2 months. I have posted on Jobsdb and have had applicants but they never turn up for the interview. Does anyone know of a better way to find such people?

Option 1.

If you already have staff doing this work ask them if they can recommend any friends to the job - offer an introduction bonus.

Option 2.

Get in touch with your local technical college and ask them if you can advertise there. You may offer work placement training for students but also taking on a 'green' graduate and training him/her offers some benefits.

Option 3.

Put our rates up.

The suggestions from Guesthouse are good, I'd like to add a bit. If you offer an intro bonus make sure the new employee is with you for a month before paying the bonus.

If you go to the technical colleges, be sure your rates and conditions are similar to those offered by large companies, as this where most new graduates will work.

Also, consider having more staff than you really need and make sure no staff members are indispensable. Ppl move jobs often over here. Be prepared for staff to quit without notice, even if it means walking away from wages owed and even if they are happy with the job. One day they just don't come in and never call.