16 Or 32 Gb Express Card Ssd Drives

dsys

Does anybody know if there are any ExpressCard SSD drives (min. sixteen GB 34mm version) kicking around in BKK - if so where and how much. Going to be in BKK next week and want to get hold of a couple - pref. nand level 1 but any version will do.

EDIT - Need a new keyboard for some reason my "six" key is printing an eight - could somebody change the title to read sixteen gb

Edited by Reimar
Change from 18 to 16

If you don't mind me asking...what's the point. Flash Express Cards are awfully slow, often even slower than a USB thumbdrive. If it's for Vista's Ready Boost, it's a bit of a waste, if it's for a swapfile, definite waste, in fact the only thing I could think that it would be good for is to use as a low power boot device(that would be very slow).

If you don't mind me asking...what's the point. Flash Express Cards are awfully slow, often even slower than a USB thumbdrive. If it's for Vista's Ready Boost, it's a bit of a waste, if it's for a swapfile, definite waste, in fact the only thing I could think that it would be good for is to use as a low power boot device(that would be very slow).

None of the above, transfer of encryption keys and fianancial databese via personal courier. USB thumb drives are too small and DVDs are not allowed. The contract specifies the use of express cards.

None of the above, transfer of encryption keys and fianancial databese via personal courier. USB thumb drives are too small and DVDs are not allowed. The contract specifies the use of express cards.

Ahh, my apologies. It's just you see a lot of people get all big eyed over stuff like this. I assumed, quite incorrectly obviously, that this was such a case. Your scenario is actually quite a good use for these cards, although I have to wonder if any of them support encryption natively.....something that really should be mandatory for your needs.