After Visiting Immigration ?

After visiting BKK immigration and applying for an extension how likely is it the extension will be granted. Question is based on them getting all the documents they want, rubber stamp everything endlessly, you and your wife sign everything in sight, and then they stamp under consideration in your passport and then the supverisor looks over app and initials every page. Is the 30 day waiting period merely a formality and are most applicants at this point given the extension? If not, can someone give an educated guess what percentage are denied and for what reasons? Just curious. Thank.

:o

After visiting BKK immigration and applying for an extension how likely is it the extension will be granted. Question is based on them getting all the documents they want, rubber stamp everything endlessly, you and your wife sign everything in sight, and then they stamp under consideration in your passport and then the supverisor looks over app and initials every page. Is the 30 day waiting period merely a formality and are most applicants at this point given the extension? If not, can someone give an educated guess what percentage are denied and for what reasons? Just curious. Thank.

:o

For those of us not using Bangkok Immigration all our applications are sent to Bangkok for approval. Hence the 1 month wait.

Why it takes a month for Bangkok users? Who knows.

The delay was due to approval being required by a general meeting and this took place on a regular basis, every few weeks. As the new system is supposed to be less centralized am not sure the same procedure is in place (all should be approved within the first 30 days - could take up to 90 days before).

There are some disapproval's but in general once the paperwork is accepted it should be a routine approval for almost all. A reason could be bank account shortage on check (many people used money in account day after submission of documents and when Bangkok checked did not meet requirements).

Over the years that I have had a Thai wife support visa, screwed it up once as I didn't get a re-entry permit which was my fault entirely, and now my first at living with my Tha child, I have always been granted at the 30 day point.

That is probably 7 now and I have had no problems. The first 3 were when we lived in Bangkok and the last 4 done in Bangkok but living near Khampaeng Phet.

It works for me.

:D:o

I've got my one year extension in Bangkok and I'll need to be there again soon, this coming April. I was wondering, do I need to bring my thai spouse with me together with my kids, or just me alone is enough. (to get new stamp for another year?)

Thank you. :o

I applied for a Thai Wife extension a few days ago, and got my temporary stamp for 36 Days this time ?!?

Doesn't matter a lot, as long as I get approved, but just shows you what written regulations are worth in this Country ...

Sunny

Did you apply 36 days before your present stay finished ?

If you did they will use your current extension of stay date.

They always approved mine.

One time they asked us to come back the following day. We said we don't live in BKK. We asked them to let us know the result in the afternoon. They did.

Correction: One time, after waiting for about a month and we were there "to hear the result" as per their wording, they asked us to come back the following day.

...just shows you what written regulations are worth in this Country ...

What written regulation are you talking about? Link, please. I am collecting all these regulations for a pinned topic.

--

Maestro