Chiang Mai To Pattaya Move

bunta71

Kicking around a move and haven't been to pattaya for several years. Looking for some generalities in the renting scene. Here in CM nice places are available in the 8,000 to 12,000 Baht range. Of course there are more expensive and a few cheaper but trying to get a handle on whats going on presently. Checking the websites also,just asking....Jack :o

Edited by bunta71

Just click on Alan Bolton's banner and you will find out that 8-12,000 baht will not get you much. Maybe a 32 sq meter one room condo. I have lived in Pattaya and found that the rents and home prices are at least twice as high as Korat and Chiang Mai.

Wow! Things ARE a lot spendier there now. I am looking for a one story house.I did find a couple in the 10,000 range online. Typically the ones advertised in the fancy ads as above are more expensive than those advertised in other fashions...word of mouth,for rent signs,etc., but it does show that Pattaya is quite a bit more costly than Chiang Mai. Here I rent a LARGE two story 4 bedroom house for 10,000 per month and similar houses are out there but take a little looking.All this trouble because I miss having sand in my shorts.

Soi Koh Talo area you can get 1-2 bdr houses 8000-10,000 Guaranteed you wont find deals like Chiang Mai. unless it is a rat infested dump! Pattaya is a lot more high rent & purchase area!

we had a nice 2 bdr. for 8000 baht off soi 10. Lots of houses there.

There are many good deals to be had in Pattaya if you know where and how to look. However, you certainly won't find them at Alan Bolton's or any other estate agent's website or office. Those places are only for suckers, those too lazy to look around a little on their own, or such a newbie they wouldn't know the difference between Pattaya and East Pattaya.

I don't know what your definition of "nice" is but if you are willing to not be near the beach or have a view and just have a normal non-flash type place, there are many posted on the public notice boards around town (Carefore, Friendship, Foodland, etc.). Also, just find an area you like and walk/drive around. You will see many for rent signs...just pick-up your phone and dial.

10-15k should be fine to find something to your liking.

Agreed.. Drive around yourself and look for 'For rent' signs.. I did this when looking for a house and the usual price was around 10-12,000 for a 2 bedroomed house...

I spent a lot of time looking around and eventually found a 2 story / 2 bedroom LARGE corner house in Central Pattaya (Soi Arunothai) for 6,000 baht per month with a 1 year contract. What a deal!! :o Although it looked like a lot needed doing to it, A couple of coats of paint, a lot of cleaning, and its like a palace now :D

Spend a full day driving around and Im sure you will find somewhere suitable within your price range ..

I think Pattaya is more about Hands in your Shorts. :o You may think about Hua Hin. But if you like to be near Pattaya have a look at Places like Bang Saray.

Bang Saray Rips I moved here from Pattaya Rent more like Chiang Mai a lot of vacancies 3 bedrooms for 7000 baht 2 lakes & the ocean close by & less Riff Raff 25 minute drive & your in the big city!

All things in life are negotiable , rents included . There are 100,s of empty houses in the Pattaya region , if you see something you like

make an offer . If its not accepted , move on . Intelligent landlords know the score , better to get 10 k a month than nothing .

I think Pattaya is more about Hands in your Shorts. :D You may think about Hua Hin. But if you like to be near Pattaya have a look at Places like Bang Saray.

Bang Saray Rips I moved here from Pattaya Rent more like Chiang Mai a lot of vacancies 3 bedrooms for 7000 baht 2 lakes & the ocean close by & less Riff Raff 25 minute drive & your in the big city!

Riff Raff Indeed :D

Anyway, if you need to go shopping ... make a list, cos nothing within 25 minutes drive :o

Naka.

All things in life are negotiable , rents included . There are 100,s of empty houses in the Pattaya region , if you see something you like

make an offer . If its not accepted , move on . Intelligent landlords know the score , better to get 10 k a month than nothing .

I agree its a renters market.