Smart Lipo / Laser Lipolysis In Bangkok

Lia123

Can any forum members recommend practitioners of laser lipolysis (smark lipo) in Bangkok. From web research, I can see Apex Profound Beauty Clinics (Dr. Nantapat Supapannachart) Siam Swan clinic (no doctor) offer this procedure. I contacted yahnee, but they said they did not. Others?

Also, is it safe to have this treatment at a clinic rather than a hospital?

Anyone here had it? Realistically, how soon could I return to work (I have a desk job)

• 3 weeks later...
Can any forum members recommend practitioners of laser lipolysis (smark lipo) in Bangkok. From web research, I can see Apex Profound Beauty Clinics (Dr. Nantapat Supapannachart) Siam Swan clinic (no doctor) offer this procedure. I contacted yahnee, but they said they did not. Others?

Anyone here had it? Realistically, how soon could I return to work (I have a desk job)

Hi I'm also interested in that, does anyone knows any clinic or hospital in Bangkok doing it?

I don't know the extent of the procedure that you will undergo, i.e. small local touch up, if you have any underlying conditions such as heart disease, diabetes etc, or if there will be general anaesthesia. If you are planning on a large liposuction, play it safe and do it in a hospital. When complications arise they are serious and clinics do not have the facilities to respond. While the likelihood for such a scenario to is small, it just isn't worth the risk.

Here's an example,

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/prin...bhub=PrintStory

The above is an extreme case, and involved multiple procedures. However, some people have undiagnosed underlying conditions that manifest as a stroke or heart attack once they are put under. Not to put you off the procedure, because it is relatively safe.

Hi I'm also interested in that, does anyone knows any clinic or hospital in Bangkok doing it?

It is supposed to be safe as an outpatiernt procedure since there is minimal blood loss and normally the fat is not aspirated, just left to absorb naturally.

If you have any sort of bleeding disorder or are on blood-thinning medications, or are allergic to lidocaine (xylocaine), or have liver or kidney disease, best avoid it. otherwise as far as I can gather it is a fairly safe procedure as long as the doctor doing it has experience.

If you do have it done, please let us know how it turns out. Apparently takes 4-6 weeks to see the results as the liquified fat has to be excreted.

I have never heard of the second place you mentioned but Dr. Nat at Apex is well known, I go to her for Botox. Just check and see if she has had specific training in this and how many procedures she has done.

You are going to have a hard time finding a hospital/clinic that performs this in Thailand. I know that Yanhee does not offer it, and if they don't, might be a hard find. Clinics and hospitals of course vary. While there are many capable (extremely) clinics in Bangkok, you will not have that 'big facility' feel of one of the larger hospitals. Realistically, you would be looking at least a week before returning to work. But, as with any invasive (minimal or not) surgery, the longer you relax, the better your results will be.

JL

• 4 months later...

hi,

just wondered if you have done the smart lipo treatment meanwhile? if yes in which clinic and are you happy with the results? I am located in Hong Kong and here i have not found any place that will offer this treatment. Any advice or recommendations would be great

thanks

Hi!

Thats funny, I know two clinics that performes smartlipo in Thailand. :D

The Romrawin clinic and Apex profound beauty clinic.

I had a smartlipo done in Bangkok last year and I am pleased with the result.

I went to the Romrawin clinic at Siam Paragorn, and they performed the procedure at Piyavate Hospital.

They said I could choose if I wanted to have the liquid (melted fat) taken out immideately or if I wanted to let the body take care of it by its self.

The price was then 50 000 baht and if you would like them to take out the liquid immideately it would cost you a few thousand more. (Im not sure how much more the charge since I chose to not let them take out the liquid at once)

They also said it depends on how much fat you have and they recommended me not to take out the liquid since I didnt have so much.

If you let them take out the liquid at once you will see the result faster they said, otherwise the final result will be after 5 months.

I came to the hospital at 6 am in the morning and went back home at 2 pm.

When I arrived they took pictures and started to make marks with a pencil, so the doctor would know what to do.

They told me the day before that I would only need local anesthesia but they sedated me anyway.

The nurse gave me a sleeping pill and put in an IV and the next thing I remember is when I woke up a few hours later. :D

I was wrapped up with a girdle around my waste. Actually the pain wasnt so bad, I thought it would be a lot worse.

Ofc I was sore, it felt like I had done a thousand sit-ups or so. :o

I was given antibiotic pills for 10 days, pills to reduce the swelling and some compresses and instructions about how to take care of the stitches.

The thread from the stitches came out within a week but I had to wear the girdle for a few weeks more.

I did the smartlipo efter having a baby and ! am sure it helped me get back in shape a lot easier, but I am not sure exactly how much it helped.

Before I was pregnant I used to work out in the gym at least 4-5 times/week and I kept doing so until I was 7 months pregnant. After that I only went 2-3 times/week.

Well...thats my experience.

Good luck and I hope you will have good result!

it's offered in one of the clinics in Central Pinklao as well and I believe I have seen it in other places too. Seems to be gaining popularity. Of course, one is well advised to research the experience and qualifications of whomeever is going to do it. It is, apparently, much less invasive than conventional lipo.

Hi,

just curious if anyone else has done the smartlipo yet and if you were pleased with the result.

yep me too i would like to know if someone else has done it, i saw it at Apex in Sukhumvit and the price is from 50k up and i was thinking about it, althought i didn't think that a total anesthesia was necessary........

• 1 month later...
Hi!

I went to the Romrawin clinic at Siam Paragorn, and they performed the procedure at Piyavate Hospital.

They said I could choose if I wanted to have the liquid (melted fat) taken out immideately or if I wanted to let the body take care of it by its self.

The price was then 50 000 baht and if you would like them to take out the liquid immideately it would cost you a few thousand more. (Im not sure how much more the charge since I chose to not let them take out the liquid at once)

They also said it depends on how much fat you have and they recommended me not to take out the liquid since I didnt have so much.

If you let them take out the liquid at once you will see the result faster they said, otherwise the final result will be after 5 months.

When I arrived they took pictures and started to make marks with a pencil, so the doctor would know what to do.

They told me the day before that I would only need local anesthesia but they sedated me anyway.

The nurse gave me a sleeping pill and put in an IV and the next thing I remember is when I woke up a few hours later. :D

I was wrapped up with a girdle around my waste. Actually the pain wasnt so bad, I thought it would be a lot worse.

I was given antibiotic pills for 10 days, pills to reduce the swelling and some compresses and instructions about how to take care of the stitches.

The thread from the stitches came out within a week but I had to wear the girdle for a few weeks more.

I did the smartlipo efter having a baby and ! am sure it helped me get back in shape a lot easier, but I am not sure exactly how much it helped.

Before I was pregnant I used to work out in the gym at least 4-5 times/week and I kept doing so until I was 7 months pregnant. After that I only went 2-3 times/week.

hi comehome,

i am from hk and am planning to visit bangkok to do a smartlipo. did you need to go back to the hospital for take away the stitches? cos i am planning to stay only 5 days in bangkok.

thanks

Hi :o

No, I didn't have to go back to the hospital or clinic again.

The stitches went out by it self and I flew to Europe just a couple of days after the smartlipo.

Good luck and take care.

Please tell us how it is going. If you feel like it ofc.

Take care!

Comehome :D

• 1 month later...
Hi!

Thanks for your detailed info. I am shopping for the best price and experience. Is 50,000 baht for all 3 stomach areas: abs, lower tummy, and love handles? It would cost about $1,500 in the US for any one of those sections or $4,500 for all 3. Can you please clarify... and when did you have this procedure done? Thanks, Ashaa :o

Hi!

Ofc I was sore, it felt like I had done a thousand sit-ups or so. :D

Hi again! :o

When I asked the doctor what specific area they would treat the doctor said;

the lower abs, the waist-line (is it called flank in english?) and the "love-handle-area".

They did not do anything above the navel on me but I think I had other areas that needed more attention.:D

I did not have THAT much but still some. :wai: (163cm and 57kg just before the smartlipo and after a pregnancy)

I checked my calender and I had the smatlipo done in january 2008.

Now nearly a year later and with some weight training ( but mostly running around after my daughter :D ) and good proteinrich food i am down at 49kg again.

Just write again if you have anymore questions.:D

Please let us know how things are going, if you feel like it of course.

Take care,

Comehome :D

I paid a lot of money to Dr. Nantapat Supapannachart to undergo laser treatment and after I had paid the money to her, she refused to give me treatment and refused to give me a refund. This was at her Apex Profound Beauty clinic.

Above post has been edited to remove sweeping statements about this doctor and clinic that could be considered libelous. I have let stand the specific first person factual report, however would appreciate if the poster could provide the details as there is clearly more to this story than has been explained.

Dr. Nat and her clinic are very well known and heavily patronized by many, many people (including, in the past, myself, altho not for laser lipo) and this is the first report of this type I have heard.

She is certainly not in the habit of just taking money and not providing the service so there must be some specific circumstances not explained here. One also normally pays after receipt of service, not in advance, except when buying a "package" of treatments. Kathysmith can you please fill in the details for us.

i'm not syaing you do or do not have a legitimate complaint, just that we need to know a bit more about the circumstances e.g. what exact type of laser procedure, why paid in advance, reason why not done.

• 4 months later...
Hi,

just curious if anyone else has done the smartlipo yet and if you were pleased with the result.

I know someone who went for smart lipo for the hips and thighs a couple yrs ago at Swan clinic. It's pretty standard outpatient procedure and the worst (some swelling and discomfort) was over in a week.

She did gain weight over these years but the weight gain was more on other parts and her hips and thighs are relatively small - this is amazing since these were her largest parts earlier. So I guess if you can keep the weight off with good diet and some exercise this is a good solution to help things along.

Hi!

Ofc I was sore, it felt like I had done a thousand sit-ups or so. :D

i have always wondered where the fat goes if you dont have it taken out, anybody know?

also how much fat can be zapped, 1kg? 10kd 20kg

any clinics outside of bangkok, ie chiangmai and or pattaya that do this? :)

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I've found only Apex has Smartlipo, anyone know of other clinics/hospitals in Phuket or Bagkok that offer this or VASER lipo, which is ultra sound assisted as opposed to laser assisted but still considered way less intrusive than traditional liposuction. Anyone had these any of these treatments in Thailand? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again!

I know it has been a while since i did the smart lipo (january 2008) and i just like to tell you how it has been going.

After the smartlipo i was a bit sore for about 1-1,5 week but it was no heavy pain to be honest.

I did not notice any direct weight loss directly after the operation but as i healed i noticed that there was less fat in the areas where i had done the smartlipo.

Now i am down on 51kg just like before i got pregnant. I am not as strong as before, i mean i do not have the same strength in my muscles as before but i can still use the same clothes and sizes as before.

I think i did not loose weight directly after the operation because i went back to Europe and ate european food.

I am always gaining weight when i eat european food, thai food on the other hand always makes me loose weight for some reason.

Also the body changes a lot after a pregnancy so i find it a bit difficult to separate the results from the operation and the procedure of hormones and everything else that is trying to get back to normal after having a baby.

I started training about 2months after the operation but i took it rather slowly since i had a baby to look after 24/7. 1-2 times/week at the most, not more.

I don't know if this is any help for anyone but please feel free to ask me more questions if you have any.

I would be glad to help in any way i can.

The doctor i had at Romrawin clinic is Dr.Chuleekorn and she was then working at Romrawin clinic at Siam Paragorn in Bangkok.

She was very professional and although she tried to sell me thermage she kindly respected my wish to have smartlipo instead.

Please write about your experiences regarding smartlipo, it would be interesting to hear what you thought about it.

Take care now,

comehome

See post #8 on this thread

Yeah.. but is 'post #8' the only one who had the Smart Lipo done ?

Would love it, if more people could tell about their experience. One review is just not enough to be sure of who to go to. That's all :)

tia

• 1 month later...
Hi again!

I know it has been a while since i did the smart lipo (january 2008) and i just like to tell you how it has been going.

After the smartlipo i was a bit sore for about 1-1,5 week but it was no heavy pain to be honest.

I did not notice any direct weight loss directly after the operation but as i healed i noticed that there was less fat in the areas where i had done the smartlipo.

Now i am down on 51kg just like before i got pregnant. I am not as strong as before, i mean i do not have the same strength in my muscles as before but i can still use the same clothes and sizes as before.

I think i did not loose weight directly after the operation because i went back to Europe and ate european food.

I am always gaining weight when i eat european food, thai food on the other hand always makes me loose weight for some reason.

Also the body changes a lot after a pregnancy so i find it a bit difficult to separate the results from the operation and the procedure of hormones and everything else that is trying to get back to normal after having a baby.

I started training about 2months after the operation but i took it rather slowly since i had a baby to look after 24/7. 1-2 times/week at the most, not more.

I don't know if this is any help for anyone but please feel free to ask me more questions if you have any.

I would be glad to help in any way i can.

The doctor i had at Romrawin clinic is Dr.Chuleekorn and she was then working at Romrawin clinic at Siam Paragorn in Bangkok.

She was very professional and although she tried to sell me thermage she kindly respected my wish to have smartlipo instead.

Please write about your experiences regarding smartlipo, it would be interesting to hear what you thought about it.

Take care now,

comehome

hi there comehome,

i felt really excited to hear your experiences and happy moment since your lipo treatment done....I personally think 5 weeks is really woorth to wait to gain your ideal weight currently .Please always update your current/latest condition as I am planning to have similar procedure. I am in Singapore and also scared to fly to Thailand.Any ideas regarding prices for the whole body and is there and skin whitening treatment?